Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial Feature: Feedback Thread

Tutorial Feature: Feedback Thread

Please use this thread to provide feedback about the new tutorial feature.

Thank you!

(Official Announcement here: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...opia-Tutorials)
    Last edited by Sassy_Wolfie; 15-12-2017 at 01:15.
    A guide to SW's posts

Regular text = SW as a player
    Bold = SW as a mod (used for mod requests, warnings, etc.)
    Green = Someone messed up the regular and bold text and had to get edited/warned/banned.

Administrator
    Very good work! We're very excited about this and hope that we can fine tune all the different tutorials for each area of the game so that we can provide new players with the best onboarding experience possible!
    Your suggestions and feedback is most welcome!
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Regular
    i notice you have the auto focus feature in some spots might i suggest adding the extra code to make it for everything...

also when you click off the tutorial it dies, this could happen by accident but its annoying to restart...

this part is broken - https://imgur.com/a/xUQhY

last i would like the DONE moved to the far right, but thats just personal preference..

VERY GOOD JOB - hope to see the other parts get some love forums etc, but helpful i think for the newbies..

I can't get that error to appear. I've got Munk on and I'm in the throne, it goes normal for me. Do you have anything else happening? Why is there no throne into at all on your page?
    A guide to SW's posts

Green = Someone messed up the regular and bold text and had to get edited/warned/banned.

Very nice feature, I like it.

I t took me some time to find the tutorial button, tho. Maybe put it somewhere more visible? Or does it start by it's own on new accounts (or even new ages)?
    I also second that if you click somewhere else, the tutorial goes away and you have to start the chapter anew. While I can understand the idea behind it (unless it's by accident), it would be nice if the tutorial would remember the location (chapter) it was when you (accidentally) dismissed it.
    PEW PEW PEW!

Post Fiend
    Great work. This is a good step.

I hope this isn't too nitpicky, but here's one minor suggestion.

For building credits it just says, "Here are your free credits." There's balance where too much info washes out the important parts, but I think you could change it to "Here are your free credits. Each credit will allow you to build 1 acre of land at no GC expense."

Also, I PMed you a thought Sassy Wolfe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nim View Post
    Very nice feature, I like it.

I t took me some time to find the tutorial button, tho. Maybe put it somewhere more visible? Or does it start by it's own on new accounts (or even new ages)?
    I also second that if you click somewhere else, the tutorial goes away and you have to start the chapter anew. While I can understand the idea behind it (unless it's by accident), it would be nice if the tutorial would remember the location (chapter) it was when you (accidentally) dismissed it.
    I agree with all of this. The tutorial button should be more prominent (unless it auto starts for new players, then it's fine where it is)

I think it's great, really great work guys!

Quote Originally Posted by dsqrd View Post
    For building credits it just says, "Here are your free credits." There's balance where too much info washes out the important parts, but I think you could change it to "Here are your free credits. Each credit will allow you to build 1 acre of land at no GC expense."
    Thank you for this suggestion! It's been added and will be updated with the next updates.
    A guide to SW's posts

Needs to get out more
    I like it. One problem was that the "done" button wouldn't work on my iPad 2 so I had to close the window to stop the tutorial. It wouldn't allow me to go from kingdom page to another.

Still, I'm a fan of the effort. Good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I'd like to suggest moving the tutorial button to the right. Having it on the left side made me think it would go through all the pages.

Administrator
    Lots of new pages have been added to the tutorial.
    New content has also been added and adjusted.

Please take a walk through the tutorial and provide us your feedback!

The better this tutorial tool becomes the more likely we are to retain those precious new users!
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Post Fiend
    Make the tutorial button jump out at you, make is a different colour, I confess had to look around for it, it's too well camouflaged! Be careful what colour you make it so that it's also visible to people who are colourblind, I think red and green are bad, right?

Extensive additions!
    PEW PEW PEW!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Lots of new pages have been added to the tutorial.
    New content has also been added and adjusted.

Please take a walk through the tutorial and provide us your feedback!

The better this tutorial tool becomes the more likely we are to retain those precious new users!
    Are you still running the test server (and if so is the tutorial integrated?) I'm happy to go through it and give feedback but haven't got a game account at the moment. It would be preferable not to have to annoy a KD by making an account just to look at the tutorial. Thanks

maybe u could get in 1:1

Thread Information