Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tutorial Feature: Feedback Thread

Veteran
    Happy to do that if it works for the devs

As you may have seen, the tutorial now auto-loads for the first visit. More pages will be coming shortly as well!
    A guide to SW's posts

Regular text = SW as a player
    Bold = SW as a mod (used for mod requests, warnings, etc.)
    Green = Someone messed up the regular and bold text and had to get edited/warned/banned.

Seriously...can you turn off the feature where it auto loads EVERY single time you open a new page. It is getting severly annoying...
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Seriously...can you turn off the feature where it auto loads EVERY single time you open a new page. It is getting severly annoying...
    This ^

Another suggestion: Give more in strategic information. For example, on the growth page the tutorial could say: "it is a good idea not to build every type of building"

Haven’t looked at it from a pc yet but from my phone the pop up boxes that are on the left are cut off on the left side. For example the second box in the throne tutorial is missing the first 3-4 letters in each letter be. As far as content, I haven’t studied it thoroughly yet due to a persistent pop up ad problem and being at war but now that both are over I can give it more thought. What I have browsed looks good. At the end do you suggest other resources for advanced strats and further player development?

Administrator
    You can disable the tutorial in your Account Settings.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    You can disable the tutorial in your Account Settings.
    Yup, got it from Persian.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Regular
    Yup, got it from Persian.
    i do not have this problem...

Scribe
    First off good job, looks great and didn't run into any bugs (only used on PC chrome)

Here are some thoughts / suggestions
    1. Make it easy for a player to access the tutorial for any page again (maybe a button on each page??). The moment you finish 10 tutorials you've already forgotten so much :) right now don't think you can access the tutorials at all once you've seen it one time
    2. Maybe throne page tutorial put a link sending you to your account properties to disable the tutorial (convenience feature for existing players)
    3. When uto devs get mentoring in place would love to see mentoring highlighted throughout tutorial. Some integration or reminder to new players on HOW they can get help from mentors! Make it super easy for new players to get the help they need :)

Food for thought to devs - I think a great way to find new players would be on twitch. Modern twitch meet old school Utopia :D I think utopia would be super cool streamed, during war time it could be several hours but downtime streamers could be playing other stuff n checking out uto every now n then. Not an easy task to tackle but I think twitch is a great place to catch peoples attention.

Hopefully those are clear enough, thanks again for all the hard work it looks great :)

Thread Information