Thread: What is being done to increase player base

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    I imagine some decent gains could be made by dropping mailers from the sky over rural parts of Africa where they are just now gaining access to the internet. They don't have the bandwidth to be playing graphical games yet so Utopia will probably be a big hit just like it was in the 90's for us.
    Seriously though, I played with many players from "2nd" or "3rd" world countries that spoke very little English. Perhaps adding the option to switch languages to something else then English could increase the number of potential players.
    I understand this game requires some intellect and language skills in order to succeed and/or to have fun but there are bilions of people out there that are sharp and don't know any english.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by pierniczek View Post
    Seriously though, I played with many players from "2nd" or "3rd" world countries that spoke very little English. Perhaps adding the option to switch languages to something else then English could increase the number of potential players.
    I understand this game requires some intellect and language skills in order to succeed and/or to have fun but there are bilions of people out there that are sharp and don't know any english.
    I wonder if that is just creating issues though? Presumably it's fairly easy to translate the game pages but then your KD gets someone who can't speak English it's going to make teamwork pretty difficult. If they already know how to play the game, that's one thing, but trying to teach someone who is putting what I say through a translator (I imagine not very accurate - particularly with there being so many abbreviations too) sounds like it would be painful.

Thread Information