Quote Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
The trouble with the current system is the influx of new players has been too low to accommodate replacing the players moving up from the kds they learned to play in, who in turn have been too few to replace the players stepping out because of the crazy activity demands of the top. The top is is too much of a time sink for a lot of players in this game, and burnout is a real factor for those who can achieve sustained top play.

If we want to address the attrition that has resulted in this lower playerbase, the key isn't reducing kd size or anything like that. It's acting to reduce the amount of activity that is demanded of players at the top, and easing the learning curve required to play the game at a reasonable level. I won't pretend to know how to address that, but those are the two factors that need resolving imo.
^^^^

This i very much agree with. I had a very short talk a few weeks ago with david about what could be done to increase players and my suggestion was the same. I think allowing one scheduled activity per day or something along those lines would help a lot because right now its very annoying to prep for war.. waking up making build, waking up to train, waking up for wave. If at least one of those could be scheduled once a day that would help a lot in my eyes..

I also agree with what mansoor say and genesis could most likely be very fun unless they try to make it to team-focused instead of soloprov focused which genesis where before.

Another factor i think is huge is to NOT advertise the game to early... hawk is 100% correct with that once the campaign go up the game need to be perfect or else the ones that see the campaign and try the game wont ever come back and try again.

I think the new devs are doing a lot of good work with setting up a slack-server for people helping out with creating a better guide and all that..

People need to realise there is no huge rush, they juts bought the game they cant just advertise it the first thing they do. First they have to get the game to a point which they are satisfied with and i that takes another year that is fine because utopia have excisted like this for 8 years now pretty much so its not like it will die next week unless we have a massive ad-campaign right away.

offtopic:
Also Hesus cried about how i never mention him on the forum anymore so im just going to put it out there that hesus is the most loyal and legit dude still in the game.. People blame him for all kinds of things because they think fratzia was a cheating kd.. its quite funny actually because he is stopid honorable some times and he would for example never accept land4gc and that stuff when that was popular which was very annoying since everyone else did it.. Happy now?