Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 267

Thread: 4:15 Frost Giants vs 6:10 Emeriti Round 2

  1. #46
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    199
    Ha. Like I said, 7:19 was only 7k acres smaller than Frost Giants when they started hitting. Not their problem 7:19 isn't hitting back. Panic at the disco maybe!

  2. #47
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by maugrim View Post
    Ha. Like I said, 7:19 was only 7k acres smaller than Frost Giants when they started hitting. Not their problem 7:19 isn't hitting back. Panic at the disco maybe!
    We will talk soon. Prepare the lube.

  3. #48
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    199
    What you got planned there Vaspy?!?! I think the server already knows!!

  4. #49
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    350
    Age 70 Sparta claimed hostile razing CD for a month, 2 weeks without an op or hit back, while we were in war with another kd they claimed hostile. They decided a week in they'd never be able to crown(like every single age since), might as well.make a point right?

    Vasp come play with us.

  5. #50
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    450
    Frost giants is the KD last age who kept robbing anyone that was hostile with Sleepy right?

  6. #51
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasp View Post
    Tagging hostile vs a kingdom half your acre size, out of declare range and that isnt hitting back. You are just pumping, specially your tms (wpa and science pump). Panic mode engaged :P
    7:19 also doing huge ops waves and refusing to CF and were only 7k smaller acres at the start... soo...
    Last edited by maugrim; 16-12-2017 at 07:09.

  7. #52
    Forum Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,138
    So if a kd A waves and the other kd B fb, ns and MS for two weeks, and refuse to CF then a third kd C can come and wave kd A while kd B is still opping? This is good to know for the future if it is ok so that i can take a print screen and show it for ages to come :)

    Please discuss!

  8. #53
    Enthusiast vir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    335
    A fake hostile would be what 7:6 and 5:20 did when we exited war.. they sent like 3-4 hits against eachother right as we exited.. so instead of waving anyone of them we had to wave sparta. When we waved sparta 7:6 started stealing our gc and stopped hitting the other kd and the other kd stopped hitting them.

    Sparta is still casting ms on everyone and one guy logged in with 15k troops gone to ns a few hours ago. I blame the new mechanics partly, had this been earlier ages we could have easily hit down sparta to below 500 acers and just not give a damn about what they do but now instead we have to do 90 acer hits to try to bring them out of nw while they refuse to cf like any typical war tier trash kd. Main problem is that earlier it was possible to handle wartrashkds with just hitting them down to the ground, which currently dont seem possible.

    If people think this is such a nice situation maybe they could give a suggestion on what we are suposed to do? Just sit and take ops while prepping for another kd? Losing 50-100k troops per day and at the same time initiate hostile against someone else? Thats just ridiculous... Also the fact that people would claim we are "pumping" and the hostile is fake when we in fact are losing a lot of troops overall is just a sign of how desperate some people are.. Previous ages there have been situations where kds didnt get a single op while waving other kds over and over where no one waved in until a cf was sent and then people would wait 12h+ for troops to be home etc.. Seems those days are gone, or that people hope for it to be gone anyway.


    it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

  9. #54
    Utopia Talk Moderator Allanon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    958
    FS pulled the same stunt against Emeriti, if what you say is true, mass-opping whilst Emeriti's gains turned to crap. Was supposed to have been fixed in the patch, but it looks like they got it wrong again, or just severely underestimated the scope of the issue. Also, certain kds are renown for disrespecting the unwritten rules the rest of the top go by and have gone by for years.

    Welcome to the new world, apparently.

    That said, even when I last left the game, there were certain conditions under which a hostile stopped being considered an active hostile, even in the face of one kd continuing to hit the other. The idea that there are limitations as to how long you can hit another kd without being hit back and still consider it an active hostile is not a new one. Perhaps it is time for the more prominent kds in the game to have a round-table discussion and agree on what, in the current game environment, actually constitutes an active hostile that others should respect.
    Last edited by Allanon; 16-12-2017 at 08:15.
    "The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

    Please make any complaints or requests regarding moderation to myself directly or a member of the Game Administration staff. Complaints in threads will be purged as per forum policy

  10. #55
    Enthusiast vir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
    FS pulled the same stunt against Emeriti, if what you say is true. Was supposed to have been fixed in the patch, but it looks like they got it wrong again, or just severely underestimated the scope of the issue.
    If you are referring to what i said it is actually working as intended.. Sparta lost a province after we had initiated hostile so now they are out of declare range which means trottle should have full effect as intended. I just dont think the intended situation is a good one.. More like a pretty horrible one.. Apparently it should have trottled ops as well but ms still have same kills and ns seems just as effective so im not sure that ops are really trottled? I dont know hwo that work though..

    I talked with hawk yesterday just asking how it was intended to work really and if it was still broken or not, but its suposed to be like this. We talked very short though because he had to leave, so might be he misunderstood something or idk.
    Last edited by vir; 16-12-2017 at 08:08.


    it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

  11. #56
    Forum Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,138
    There is an easy fix.

    Aggressor kd can auto CF if the other kd have not given relations and aggressor kd filled the meter. 7 days auto CF. This way the defensive kd has to give ops or CF and then no one can claim fake hostile.

  12. #57
    Utopia Talk Moderator Allanon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by vir View Post
    If you are referring to what i said it is actually working as intended.. Sparta lost a province after we had initiated hostile so now they are out of declare range which means trottle should have full effect as intended. I just dont think the intended situation is a good one.. More like a pretty horrible one.. Apparently it should have trottled ops as well but ms still have same kills and ns seems just as effective so im not sure that ops are really trottled? I dont know hwo that work though..

    I talked with hawk yesterday just asking how it was intended to work really and if it was still broken or not, but its suposed to be like this. We talked very short though because he had to leave, so might be he misunderstood something or idk.

    As I said, it's possible in doing the fix they have underestimated the scope of the issue they needed to fix. They have focused solely on declare range, ignoring the fact that just because someone is out of declare range doesn't mean they can't fight back effectively without gains throttling. This was the reason gains throttling wasn't implemented in the past, if I'm not mistaken.
    "The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

    Please make any complaints or requests regarding moderation to myself directly or a member of the Game Administration staff. Complaints in threads will be purged as per forum policy

  13. #58
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    277
    Throttling was fixed, so the scenario with FS and Emeriti is way different.

    Pumping while “hostile” and dumping your explore pool is what makes this questionable.

    BB and emeriti had a similar scenario 1-2 ages ago where emeriti just took 50 hits and auto cf-ed. That option is not even given to spartans with this” hostile”.

  14. #59
    Forum Addict
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,274
    cool so now there is bets going on that I play in 4:15. I'd advice not to bet more than you can afford to lose on that, I play a Dryad 11.

  15. #60
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    cool so now there is bets going on that I play in 4:15. I'd advice not to bet more than you can afford to lose on that, I play a Dryad 11.
    multi alert, call in the mods!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    Age 70 Sparta claimed hostile razing CD for a month, 2 weeks without an op or hit back, while we were in war with another kd they claimed hostile. They decided a week in they'd never be able to crown(like every single age since), might as well.make a point right?

    Vasp come play with us.
    hehehe thx for the offer, really do. but im a spartan :P bart is my favorite pet. :)
    Last edited by Sassy_Wolfie; 16-12-2017 at 19:26. Reason: Merge consecutive posts

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •