Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump's priorities

Trump's priorities

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...9010_story.htm
    “evidence-based” and “science-based”, among others, are now forbidden because......... religion doesn't meet those criteria????

What's next? New witch hunts in Salem?

Meanwhile, Trump managed to inflame relations between Israel and the Palestines because of stupid policies that help nobody but the international arms dealers.
    And let's not forget the latest FCC ruling that will allow new and unprecedented levels of internet censorship.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Forum Addict
    Not sure if there is anything left to discuss regarding Trump.

Good luck.

Enthusiast
    Guys stopped getting worked up about this kind of stuff. It was already proven false by the CDC. News is generally fake anymore, why I stopped paying attention to it. Like the entire thing with Isreal, again fake news in 1995 we voted to move it to Jerusalem, Trump just finally moved it. Even Obama on more then one occasion said Jerusalem was the capital. Again fake news.
    Last edited by Coldhearted; 22-12-2017 at 17:59.

Veteran
    It is hard to determine the "Priorities" of President Trump. From the other side of the Atlantic ocean it looks like he does not have any plan or coherent strategy for making America Great again. He seems to be more concerned at how he's perceived by the US public rather than progressing any form of political agenda. Like a true reality star Trump is more busy with framing himself as the best president ever then with actually leading the country. Tweeting about that he has passed more legistlation then any other president (where in fact it that he has passed less legistlation) or that the economy is doing so well (when he's riding on favorable economic tide that started under Obama) or that he has created more then a million new jobs in his first year of presidency (Job growth was lower in Trumps first year then in Obama's last year). Not to mention his dick waving contest with Kim Jong Un...

Good luck

I be confused here...
    Obama never reached gdp of even 3% (The average of US growth) in ANY of his eight years (well....that is historic of a sort) While in his first year Trump reached over 4%...

President Obama himself said "the jobs aren't coming back, what's he (Trump) going to do?!? Wave a magic WAND???

"https://youtu.be/SZVJExOiP9k" <remove " from both ends...I don't have enough posts yet (should find out how to link my old account (this is the only name I've ever used....all the way back to 1997 (or maybe early 1998?))

Please keep waving that magic around President Trump...some people still just don't get how they been duped.

And no...I'm not a fan of Trump, I'm just a fan of the Truth....wherever it may be found. Speaking of which....start investing heavily in SDR's (Special Drawing Rights) the US Petro-Dollar is soon to be no more.

Petro-bitcoin imo!
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by way2insane View Post
    I be confused here...
    Obama never reached gdp of even 3% (The average of US growth) in ANY of his eight years (well....that is historic of a sort) While in his first year Trump reached over 4%...

President Obama himself said "the jobs aren't coming back, what's he (Trump) going to do?!? Wave a magic WAND???

"https://youtu.be/SZVJExOiP9k" <remove " from both ends...I don't have enough posts yet (should find out how to link my old account (this is the only name I've ever used....all the way back to 1997 (or maybe early 1998?))

Please keep waving that magic around President Trump...some people still just don't get how they been duped.

And no...I'm not a fan of Trump, I'm just a fan of the Truth....wherever it may be found. Speaking of which....start investing heavily in SDR's (Special Drawing Rights) the US Petro-Dollar is soon to be no more.
    The jobs Obama was referring to aren't coming back.

Over the past 30 years, the coal industry has lost about 100k jobs. When Trump took office, there was about 53k people employed in the coal industry. Latest thing I can find from August says that the coal industry may be up to about 55k jobs.

I'm having a harder time finding numbers for the steel industry, but all i'm finding are places adding a few hundred jobs. Unless I'm missing a bigger picture it certainly doesn't look like the steel industry is going to be raging back to its glory days.

The fact of the matter is that those industries are dead. Either to importing, automation, or just the world changing how it operates. What those workers need are training to get jobs that are actually available to them, not the false hope that their communities are going to be saved by an industry that's already abandoned them.

The "jobs" President Obama was referring to was in reference to the "jobs" of what then Candidate Trump was referring to. How you get "coal and steel" out of that... worries, I'll bite into that too:
    You are looking at the wrong end of the chain. Neither of those are end products, but rather catalysts that allow other productions to flourish. Both manufacturing & service sector jobs.

But more to the point, the mining sector both Hilary & Obama promised to put out of business..is growing again.

What sources are you referring to for your figures?

On politifact.com I've found one possible answer to the confusion on the numbers posted by Trump supporters vs others.

The coal industry has long chafed at the BLS’ definition of coal-sector jobs. Terry Headley, the director of communications for the American Coal Council, said that coal employment numbers compiled independently by states are typically much larger than what BLS has found, perhaps because many states use broader definitions of who should be counted.

For instance, Headley said, coal truck drivers -- probably numbering several thousand nationally -- are not broken out from the BLS data for "truck drivers." The situation is similar for electricians, surveyors, mechanics, and equipment service technicians, he said.
    politifact
    .com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jun/05/scott-pruitt/are-coal-mining-jobs-50000-last-year-not-exactly/

I believe most of the GDP increase can be found outside of coal mining or steel refining though. Mainly in manufacturing and service sector jobs.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by way2insane View Post
    The "jobs" President Obama was referring to was in reference to the "jobs" of what then Candidate Trump was referring to. How you get "coal and steel" out of that... worries, I'll bite into that too:
    You are looking at the wrong end of the chain. Neither of those are end products, but rather catalysts that allow other productions to flourish. Both manufacturing & service sector jobs.
    Because those were the two biggest talking points for Trump as far as jobs went. He couldn't go an hour without talking about "clean coal" and screaming about how the steel industry is dying. He sure as **** wasn't talking about aeronautical engineering or tech jobs lol

But more to the point, the mining sector both Hilary & Obama promised to put out of business..is growing again.
    Of course they are. There has been a massively harmful wave of deregulation to "save" those industries. If anything we learned that the deregulation wasn't worth what we got back

What sources are you referring to for your figures?
    Was from the government jobs report

I'm lost as to why everybody is so hung up on jobs. Does anybody want to work? I sure don't. Our entire human history has been a path of increasing efficiency and freeing up time that was traditionally devoted to hunting and gathering. It has been offset over time by an increase in our individual perpensities to consume but I am still of the belief that the end goal is to eliminate jobs completely. All of our needs should eventually be met by discrete, autonomous processes. Why can't we celebrate the reduction in jobs and change the means by which we allocate resources rather than demanding more unnecessary ones (coal, for instance)? More jobs are just a temporary bandage, not a solution.

Also, GDP is an absolutely pathetic metric. It's more a measure of transactional activity than one of economic well-being. For instance, if I purchase corn husks for $1 and craft them into a noob figurine, which I sell to a store wholesale for $2, who in turn sells it to an end user for $3, we have generated $6 in GDP. Now let's say we are in Africa and I pull the corn husks out of the garden, craft a figurine, and sell it to an end user for the same $3. Now we have only generated $3 in GBP. Both places have now produced identical noob figurines but the society with more steps in the transactional process scores double the points. Personally, I find Butan's gross domestic happiness metric to be more appropriate.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

don't you hate pants?!

Post Fiend
    Did he build the Great Wall of Trump? ... i made a thread about it ... probably deleted...

Enthusiast
    Trump just wants to mark China as an enemy in addition to Russia.

Everyone knows MFG jobs will never come back in the USA. The USA today are mainly a service and technology country, and farming.

Steel? Recycling will slowly nuke it into oblivion. There is a limit of how much we can use in the world....
    Coal... the USA still uses coal?
    Cars..... automation
    Toys.... automation again

He needs a excuse, so trade was easiest and largest first on the list.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

We still use copious amounts of coal during peak hours!

Thread Information