Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump's priorities

Post Fiend
    It is upsetting that world leaders plans do not come to fruition as promised - i pictured a wall of grand creation ... perhaps one sided mirrors/glass so that people can watch the Mexicans, or something similair to the Great Wall of China - a medievil stone formed wall that people could walk upon, maybe just a big trench with drawbridges ... but alas - no wall...

theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    I'm lost as to why everybody is so hung up on jobs. Does anybody want to work? I sure don't. Our entire human history has been a path of increasing efficiency and freeing up time that was traditionally devoted to hunting and gathering. It has been offset over time by an increase in our individual perpensities to consume but I am still of the belief that the end goal is to eliminate jobs completely. All of our needs should eventually be met by discrete, autonomous processes. Why can't we celebrate the reduction in jobs and change the means by which we allocate resources rather than demanding more unnecessary ones (coal, for instance)? More jobs are just a temporary bandage, not a solution.

Also, GDP is an absolutely pathetic metric. It's more a measure of transactional activity than one of economic well-being. For instance, if I purchase corn husks for $1 and craft them into a noob figurine, which I sell to a store wholesale for $2, who in turn sells it to an end user for $3, we have generated $6 in GDP. Now let's say we are in Africa and I pull the corn husks out of the garden, craft a figurine, and sell it to an end user for the same $3. Now we have only generated $3 in GBP. Both places have now produced identical noob figurines but the society with more steps in the transactional process scores double the points. Personally, I find Butan's gross domestic happiness metric to be more appropriate.
    I enjoyed reading this; lots of good points. The thing is, however, people largely need the work distraction; or bad things happen.
    #magi

They can expand on their hobbies instead! Do the work you love. More art and literature and games, new technologies and advancements. All these old fashioned jobs can be turned into VR or other forms of media and trigger all the same endorphin releases as actually performing the tasks. Have you ever watched that gold rush show? I walked away feeling accomplished after seeing an episode. This is by design.
    Last edited by octobrev; 07-12-2018 at 19:17.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by way2insane View Post
    I be confused here...
    Obama never reached gdp of even 3% (The average of US growth) in ANY of his eight years (well....that is historic of a sort) While in his first year Trump reached over 4%....
    Please dont look at a gdp chart without looking at what happened during a presidency..... Obama presidency pretty much started with the housing market crash, he did a damn good job in repairing the economy and it took 5-6ish years to repair it, which only in the tail end of his presidency it started to become strong.
    So of course right when Trump gained presidency the economy is strong, Trump is just enjoying the fruit of Obama's hard work, so Trump didn't do **** yet, other than spend time just Tweet nonsense all day so far. And you know the market is going to go down next year till the end of his term if does not back pedal. More than likely it will take the entire next presidents term to repair Trumps dmg he done to the economy.
    Last edited by RedPanda; 09-12-2018 at 17:13.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Thread Information