Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Undead losses not lowered?

Post Fiend

Undead losses not lowered?

79B52C66

Undead and I just lost 4.64% of the troops sent on offensive attack. We are suppose to have -40% causalities when attacking. (Sent 15300, lost 711)

5% -40% (or -2%) would be 3% losses
    7% -40% (or -2.8%) would be 4.2% losses

Is there something wrong, has something changed in the formulas? I can't remember if it was 5 or 7% losses, but all age I seem to have almost the same losses on offence as the humans in my kingdom.

Is it possible you had any other mods to your casualties, like being Orc(+BL), having bribed Generals, an Emerald Dragon flying over your KD, your target had Wrathful smoke, or perhaps you sent soldiers on your attack(I think they die at an increased rate compared to other units)?

Post Fiend
    I am avian. sent all 15300 leets. no BL. hit same tick we came out of eowcf, so no ops were on me. no dragon. Wrathful Smite is the only possible unkown, seems unlikely as it was just a random grab, but maybe. target kingdom not being waved or waving. no relations.

Post Fiend
    kinda seems like something is wrong in the code and it is removing -4% instead of -40%.

I had to run hospitals last war, cause the humans that were running them were getting less offensive casualties than I were in some cases. even when we were targeting/gbing same prov.

Not trying to cast doubt, just making sure... wrathful smite is of unknown strength, but i somehow doubt it could be that strong.

Sounds legit to me

Post Fiend
    please, cast doubt, bring up the factors i may be ignorant too. I just thought i would post about a possible bug because i hadn't been tracking data on this, i have felt it wasn't working as intended from the beginning of the age. from my first hit it didn't seem right. but i started looking at the human (tacticians) in our kingdom as comparison.

Post Fiend
    So will this get a response from the team at utopia?

Undead losses are lowered afaik. I will ask to double-check but I imagine you are just missing some additional factors.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    still no legit response

Forum Fanatic
    when your number in the line of support comes up they normally will let you know. its christmas also . many people post bug and support numbers.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    when your number in the line of support comes up they normally will let you know. its christmas also . many people post bug and support numbers.
    Thats BS. Look no further than the ritual decay thread which has been up for over a month without response from admin.

Veteran
    We need to be realistic though. There are tons of threads in bugs with people wanting devs to just "check" on formulas for all sorts of things, the vast majority of which turn out to be player error (that said it would be nice to have an "agreed" response from Jeff and Munk on the ritual position as their answers in different threads currently seem to conflict.

@madolf can we have more data? A good start would be to establish what the actual non-undead loss % should be, then some data from some other undead attacks would help. Currently we have data from just one undead attack. We also need to know the position on other things that affect losses (eg attack type, I think +/- hours, KD ritual on you, KD ritual on enemy etc).

Forum Fanatic
    And you should realize that most responses go to the people IN private who submitted the report or used to ,Ive never had a bug submitted that was answered in public .

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by madolf View Post
    still no legit response
    you are just missing some additional factors.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I think the only other thing we haven't covered here would be attack times, if you are doing + hours on your hits this will also buff your losses...

Thread Information