Thread: Bocan Spell Casting?

Regular

Bocan Spell Casting?

Maybe it's just me, but playing Bocan I'm having terrible trouble casting rituals. 17% guilds, max channelling science and 2.14 wpa and I'm failing around 50% of ritual casts including half of the fizzles with explosions.

Do Bocan's have -magic success or something that isn't referenced in the changes / guide?

The success rate is lower than orcs with inferior guilds and wpa so it's making no sense.

Post Fiend
    As mystic last age I experienced similar. at one point I had 14mod wpa after a taking a few trad marches and was still running 15% guilds. would fail about 50% casts. restarted my prov after that war and have played attacker since. never more than 1.5 wpa and sometimes as low as 7% guilds, i don't fail at nearly the same rate.

Random is random. Max your guilds first.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by thejudge View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but playing Bocan I'm having terrible trouble casting rituals. 17% guilds, max channelling science and 2.14 wpa and I'm failing around 50% of ritual casts including half of the fizzles with explosions.

Do Bocan's have -magic success or something that isn't referenced in the changes / guide?

The success rate is lower than orcs with inferior guilds and wpa so it's making no sense.

I noticed a drastic increase in fail rate from playing Dark Elf last age to bocan this age. I thought maybe they made ritual casting harder but I guess i have just been massively unlucky on the random factor.

Regular
    So we know there is significant increase inf ail rate when playing Bocan. Yet the only suggestion from game support is that it's down to guilds %. This doesn't right, presumably they can't be bothered to look into it.

Enthusiast
    Our kd bocans are noticing the same this age. At around 15% guilds, having 20-30% fail rate on self spells and ritual casting. But when we get 20%+ guilds, the fail rate is significantly lower.

I think it's worth a look to see what is affecting bocan spell casting ability on self spells/rituals this age.

Forum Addict
    Dark Elf last age, barely recall ever failing on ritual or self spells, ran around 15% Guilds consistently.

Faery this age, unusually higher fail rate on ritual and self spells, running around 15% Guilds consistently.

I'd rather say something has changed with magic, but instead, I'll say... repeat after me. There is nothing different. You're all imagining it. Please move on, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by thejudge View Post
    So we know there is significant increase inf ail rate when playing Bocan. Yet the only suggestion from game support is that it's down to guilds %. This doesn't right, presumably they can't be bothered to look into it.
    There is no significant fail rate for just bocan.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information