Thread: Science

Post Fiend

Science

Every age i start a thread about science.
    So half age has past maybe more and already at max science here. Wasn't that hard even.

While most TMs is at 80-100 science.
    So, when will the science system go back so even an TM have a chance?

Over 22% pop bonus already and give me a few weeks and learns more i will have like 30-35% pop bonus.
    Is this system really the best?

Veteran
    Agree (I like the system but abducts are too strong).

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyric View Post
    While most TMs is at 80-100 science.
    Bad t/ms. I'm elf/m(mostly def specs, haven't done abducts, haven't been abducted) just started 4th war, lost 2. I'm at 160 scientists. Other t/ms in my KD are around that too.

Im an attacker, ive made maybe 3 abducts this age, maybe a total of 10 scientist and just recently got labs. I am at 105 scientist currently. To me it sounds just bad planning from T/M if they have just between 80-100 scientist.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    Bad t/ms. I'm elf/m(mostly def specs, haven't done abducts, haven't been abducted) just started 4th war, lost 2. I'm at 160 scientists. Other t/ms in my KD are around that too.
    What are your attackers at as a comparison?

Post Fiend
    Doesn't matter, the system is broken. I shouldn't have NW as an player 1000-2000 acres bigger then me due to science = higher draft.
    Can have 84% draft and still 100%+ BE and go + in income. (With 0% Homes)
    Was hard to even come close to this science with paying money to fund science.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyric View Post
    Doesn't matter, the system is broken. I shouldn't have NW as an player 1000-2000 acres bigger then me due to science = higher draft.
    Can have 84% draft and still 100%+ BE and go + in income. (With 0% Homes)
    Was hard to even come close to this science with paying money to fund science.
    I don't see what the problem with this is as such - if you work hard, you get more science, and within reason that is open to any attacker and it doesn't require pumping. IMHO the problem comes if:

(a) t/ms don't have the ability to do that (and assuming we want t/m to be viable); and/or
    (b) labs are so weak compared to abducts that there is no real role for them except for t/ms (and possibly the first week or two of the age).

Personally I think (b) is a real issue. I don't have the data to assess (a) but I think logically it is inevitably an issue to some extent as a result of (b).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    What are your attackers at as a comparison?
    Worse actually. Most attackers are 90-120 and there are several at 150+ and one at 180+. T/ms are in 155-170 range.

Enthusiast
    Im at 220 and can dbl abduct some humans for 12 in one abduct...

Most is 12/9/8 in a triple.

I don’t see any issue with attackers getting sci and IF tms decided to run even 30opa they can abduct. Easy to come by and easy to lose...
    BLUE your my boy!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    Worse actually. Most attackers are 90-120 and there are several at 150+ and one at 180+. T/ms are in 155-170 range.
    Thanks Bo To. That is interesting that your t/ms are ahead of your attackers (I assume all the ones you refer to as "t/ms" are t/ms and not hybrids?). Without abducts, I am impressed that your t/ms are that high. Did you run labs during wars? Or labs for a long time when trying to find war and just converting at the last minute? Or relatively low raw wpas so that you need fewer guilds to provide space for labs? Presumably your attackers have been abducted a lot or don't abduct much themselves?

I haven't got an account so I asked a friend's KD for their sci intel. This is one of the decent warring KDs who have a good war record this age and are around the top of the charts (guessing top 30 - haven't checked precisely and don't want to identify them).

T/ms: range from 105 - 133; mean: 115, median 107.
    Attackers: range from 117 - 202; mean: 164, median: 164. 6 are over 180, 16 over 150.
    Human attackers (which are also included within the attacker stats): range from 146-199; mean: 175, median: 177

So this paints a different picture to your KD, Bo To. I'd be interested to see some more data.

ps. This data was from yesterday. Top is now 218 but I'm not going through updating all the averages.
    Last edited by Chris121; 20-12-2017 at 11:21.

No labs during war but 15% with reve in eowcf and oow. Personally I keep the labs until we find a war I assume others are doing the same. The wpa is high - mystics started the last war(48h ago) with 5.5-6, rogues with 3.5-4. About attackers - oow they aren't that active tbh. They are making 1-2 abducts/day and I mean actual attacks not uniques.

Also yes - we are pure t/ms: bocan/r and elf/m who don't do abducts.

Veteran
    Thanks for the input Bo To - your t/ms have done really well.

Update on the KD I posted - highest attacker is now 236 scientists.

Veteran
    ~12 days on from the previous update, the highest attacker for sci in that KD is now on 381, but admittedly he is far ahead of the rest (next is 281).

Updated stats:

attacker: mean 219, median 206, highest 381, lowest 150
    t/m: mean 149, median 148, highest 173, lowest 127

How are your t/ms doing Bo To?

Around the holidays was tough actually. We had several bad hostiles and lost a lot(personally I didn't but attackers lost 120-150, some t/ms also lost some). Our prime was for attackers 250-300, now is more like 100-200(seriously I can't give better accuracy), t/ms at the moment are 200-220(I'm at 222 but the others are below me).

Veteran
    Thanks. It's very interesting that your KD is finding the opposite to what most people are saying in the forums (ie your t/ms are doing much better than your attackers).

Thread Information