Thread: Kidnap Scientists?

Regular

Kidnap Scientists?

Please introduce a mechanism for TM's to acquire scientists through either a thief or mage op (perhaps both?). TM science is just getting decimated (again).

Quote Originally Posted by thejudge View Post
    Please introduce a mechanism for TM's to acquire scientists through either a thief or mage op (perhaps both?). TM science is just getting decimated (again).
    The **** for?

You get science effects bonuses to Channeling/Crime sci depending on your personality and all three come with Revelations.

Science has never been something T/Ms could take before, and I fail to see any reason it should be something that they can take now. In fact, if anything, it makes even less sense.

At most, to counter act the difference between books & scientists, allow T/Ms to steal 'research' or something, ie: progress towards generating a new recruit or something. Just because I recognize that previously books cost gc and T/Ms could steal gc, and now scientists are free (except the hours waiting for them) so I suppose it might be worth letting them 'save' time or something.

No idea at all how it could work. Seems unfeasible to me.

Regular
    FRom the previous posts I see there are a couple of threads about this already so apologies for the duplicate post. It does seem something that would be rather popular with the utopia community.

<removed>

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    The **** for?

You get science effects bonuses to Channeling/Crime sci depending on your personality and all three come with Revelations.

Science has never been something T/Ms could take before, and I fail to see any reason it should be something that they can take now. In fact, if anything, it makes even less sense.

At most, to counter act the difference between books & scientists, allow T/Ms to steal 'research' or something, ie: progress towards generating a new recruit or something. Just because I recognize that previously books cost gc and T/Ms could steal gc, and now scientists are free (except the hours waiting for them) so I suppose it might be worth letting them 'save' time or something.

Last edited by Palem; 24-12-2017 at 14:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    The **** for?

Science has been something a TM could pump for in the same way an attacker could pump for earlier though and while some scis are boosted that doesnt really cover it.
    And I fail to see how it makes less sense for a thief/mage to secretly infiltrate another kingdom to kidnap another person than a full army invading a province just to randomly kidnap 8 people :)

I do like your last suggestion tho.

Thread Information