Thread: Nerf ET out of hostilities

Post Fiend

Nerf ET out of hostilities

As of now, Rogues in both kingdoms start an arranged war with less than 20% stealth. Expose Thieves should not be this powerful without relations. The spell should be changed to either decrease the amount of stealth depleted out of hostilities or should be only available in unfriendly.

I don’t see this being as big of a problem in spontaneous wars, but arranged wars mean taking out the Rogues stealth before declaration since the spell is available and is easy and cheap.

Not seeing the problem here. ET is the only non-duration offensive spell available without relations, too. You're asking that magic be wholly nerfed OOW, basically, since all youre leaving is Greed/Storms/Drought/Explosions... two of which can't be used in tandem anyways.

Post Fiend
    I never said out of war, I said to unfriendly relations or to decrease its effect. If the amount of stealth the op depletes is decreased at lower relations it would be better balanced. It shouldn’t be possible to negate Rogues pre-war so easily. Last war we negated 3 enemy Rogues just before declaring with minimal effort, after casting mystic vortex. Still had plenty of mana and runes to do business as usual after declaring. Is it healthy for the game to be able to cripple Rogues like that with such a simple op? The same has been done to our Rogues. 3 raw wpa and maxed magic science isn’t enough to counter even heretics at this point in age and attackers can even cast ET with ease. Do you still fail to see the problem with how easy it is to nullify the rogue position with this mechanic?

Quote Originally Posted by Goodgame View Post
    I never said out of war, I said to unfriendly relations or to decrease its effect. If the amount of stealth the op depletes is decreased at lower relations it would be better balanced. It shouldn’t be possible to negate Rogues pre-war so easily. Last war we negated 3 enemy Rogues just before declaring with minimal effort, after casting mystic vortex. Still had plenty of mana and runes to do business as usual after declaring. Is it healthy for the game to be able to cripple Rogues like that with such a simple op? The same has been done to our Rogues. 3 raw wpa and maxed magic science isn’t enough to counter even heretics at this point in age and attackers can even cast ET with ease. Do you still fail to see the problem with how easy it is to nullify the rogue position with this mechanic?

Okay, swap 'OOW' for 'out of relations', for your reading benefit.

My point stands.

If you don't want your thieves ET'd, steal their runes. I don't think attackers are casting ET with ease though.

ET doesn't do permanent dmg like AW, ns or prop and doesn't cripple rogues. Also consider the amount of stealth you are recovering each tick.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    If you don't want your thieves ET'd, steal their runes. I don't think attackers are casting ET with ease though.
    And our enemy is supposed to steal all of our runes too then? Not a very thoughtful or viable counter strategy. I understand you think it is balanced though, so I’ll withdraw.

And our enemy is supposed to steal all of our runes too then? Not a very thoughtful or viable counter strategy. I understand you think it is balanced though, so I’ll withdraw.
    I'm awestruck by this post.

Thread Information