At the insistence of my better half, I use an adblocker on my phone and laptop to protect help myself from bad actors on the internet. Most websites depend to varying degrees on adverts to sustain themselves, and while Utopia has revenue-generating methods beyond ads (I mostly buy credits for sitting and taunts I never use) I was wondering if blocking ads was problematic for Utopia? Both from a community and an owner perspective.

I know malicious ads can come from anyway, so i'd rather not risk it. I also know it's possible to buy advertisement free game-time, but it's hard to justify that cost for ad-free Utopia when it's possible to have ad-free browsing across the web for free.

I've also just noticed that when buying Ad Blocking in Utopia, it mentions supporting development. I felt bad, so I bought 3 weeks worth. Obviously it's better to support the sites (like Utopia) that you like by giving them money. What I'm curious about is; Is there any problem with not doing so and blocking ads using the uBlock Origins of this world?