Thread: Arson

Regular

Arson

Can anyone post details about how Arson gains work compared to Greated Arson?

As per wiki...

Arson
    Burns down enemy buildings to disrupt an enemy's stability.

Available to: All
    Relations Required: All
    Effect: Destroys a small amount of enemy buildings.
    Operation Message: Our thieves burned down X acres of buildings. OR Unfortunately, our thieves were too few in number to find any buildings to burn.
    Greater Arson
    A more powerful version of Arson, this operation allows targetting of a specific type of building to burn down. Only Rogues

can master this difficult operation.

Available to: Rogues
    Relations Required: Unfriendly
    Effect*: Destroys up to a max of 6% of targeted enemy buildings at the rate of 0.0045 buildings per thief.
    Operation Message: Our thieves burned down X [building type].
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

It really depends how many thieves you are sending. I haven't tested arson much because GA is much more powerful because you burn specific building at high rate. If you need just to remove buildings from someone razes and tornadoes are better.

Needs to get out more
    Many ages ago I used arson quite a bit. It's not necessarily efficient,but sometimes it's all you have.

How and why?

As an avian tac I used arson vs other avian tacs to slow them down so I could take the speed advantage. Though you hit buildings in general, these will include the ones you want. The ones I wanted were WT and rax but honestly anything is good. I'd burn about 5 acres a shot which preserved my tpa and granted the desired results. An edge is an edge I always say.

The only reason I'm not doing arson lately is because kingdoms want builds that I'm not thrilled with, but I'm not trying to make waves. Since I'm running an orc this age it's less efficient and my strengths aren't derived from the same fountain as avian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Demon
    I've had my steward literally arson arround 1/3 of some guys buildings because he feared a retal, poor dude lost all his stables and most of his farms, must have had crappy tpa to get 1300 acres burned.

I think with Arson when you got a small chance to burn any acre, and thus you can also burn unbuild acres which of couse mitigate a bit of the dammage to your already destroyed buildings if used extensively, you do not have that weakness with GA, I think my steward believed he had burned 1600 acres and my survey showed 12-1300.

Regular
    When with GA:

Destroys up to a max of 6% of targeted enemy buildings at the rate of 0.0045 buildings per thief.

Can anyone say what those numbers look like with basic Arson ?

I know few ages ago when Heretic was OP with no thievery losses they did a lot of Arson

Enthusiast
    I do believe arson is being used in the 4:15-7:6 fight, I may be wrong. 7:6 is currently bouncing a faery, I took a survey to check hosps and he had a large amount of both barren and incoming land. I'm suspecting the bocan without relations are using arson waves to combo with bounce razes. Lower hosps lower forts. If only the barren acres is from arson it's an ii it 1300 burned, including incoming it could be 3000+ burned on the 5k prov.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    I do believe arson is being used in the 4:15-7:6 fight, I may be wrong. 7:6 is currently bouncing a faery, I took a survey to check hosps and he had a large amount of both barren and incoming land. I'm suspecting the bocan without relations are using arson waves to combo with bounce razes. Lower hosps lower forts. If only the barren acres is from arson it's an ii it 1300 burned, including incoming it could be 3000+ burned on the 5k prov.
    You're completely sure the bocans aren't rogues?

Thread Information