Thread: Wizard Pump Ritual

Wizard Pump Ritual

Theurgy

+0.02 Wizards trained per tick on every acre (Any Guilds would be in addition to this base, Mystic bonus would apply only to Guilds, at their base, not base+Ritual)
    +50% Self-spell success chance from Guilds (You would still need Guilds for Selfies, but less!)
    -20% WPA/TPA (not just defensive, I imagine this Ritual taking a lot of focus from all your population)
    -20% OME (DME would be too much, this way you aren't susceptible to more hits, but you can't retal as effectively)

...Really the last 3 are just flavour, I can do without. Flame on!

With rogues being unstoppable this age no need to give more wizz pumping for everyone. That will just end the mystic/heretic personality.

Well you can change other things in combination, like why did the Mystic and Rogues respective science boost become even? Its not like it wasn't tilted Rogues way prior to that either.

I have liked some of your wizard suggestions before as well Bo To, make base Guilds production 0.01 is a good place to start. I think if you can then stack a Racial bonus (Elf, DE, Fae, maybe Bocan too), as well as the current personality bonus (+0.02 each, or maybe 0.01 for Race and 2-3 for Personality) it would work towards separating true Mystics from the masses, but that is another thread!
    Last edited by RattleHead; 10-01-2018 at 21:43. Reason: wiz base production stuff

Post Fiend
    I like the idea of having more rituals to choose from with more focused purposes. I would be 100% on board if you could cast a shorter duration ritual for less total casts. Maybe 50 or 60 casts gets you half the current duration or something along those lines.

Post Fiend
    I could see this as being an addition to Expedient, minus the -wpa, -tpa and -opa. Expedient being, in my view, the best recovery ritual -> adding Wizard production would include Mages in it's benefits. Though i'd change self spell success to Rune costs, because after an EOWCF ritual is up, runes can be sometimes short (depending on builds during casting). So:

Expedient - -25% Military Train time & -20% Training Costs (including Thieves) & -20% Construction Time & -25% Construction Costs & +20% Wizard Production & -20% self spell costs.

Which would be great for Faeries Mages with TOG -> As they've probably been running higher Guilds and Towers for WPA recovery and Ritual casting, slightly lower ToG costs might help them produce gold they couldn't with allocating that building space to econ. And help them cover support self spells across the kingdom so the rest of the KD gets that recovery benefit too.

I can see adding wiz production to Expedient perhaps, but I think if added to an existing one you don't need to add more perks like a rune cost benefit.

The idea of the self-spell success is that everyone other than the true Mystics, having Guilds under the proposed Ritual up would be almost completely redundant, other than for selfy success.

I think ToG doesn't need to be buffed, you can just build more Towers, or up your Production science if runes are an issue in your KD. I am not outright against that idea, just maybe not for this application(see my suggestion in a Paladin thread around here somewhere).

With all those things in place Expedient would become a rather stronger Ritual, probably too much for people's liking ! :)

Veteran
    This is a complex one.

-Generally, I dislike pumping and am glad we have moved away from it. Ideally, I would like us to move away from needing to wiz pump.
    -But, until that happens, I like the general idea here of making pumping quicker.
    -However, I don't like the mechanism of giving all land a bonus, because that is going to make it harder to do magic (whereas logically if we are implementing this, it should be to make magic more viable) and if this were a take it or leave it scenario, I'd rather keep the current system than have this. However it could be tweaked :)

An easy partial solution would be to make the personality bonus also apply to ritual bonus, but that alone would make mystic effectively essential for someone wanting to do magic (whereas I don't think it should be). So I like the idea of having racial and pers bonuses, as RattleHead said above. So we need not be afraid to have races/pers with the same category of bonus (ie increased wizz production) - they can be differentiated by the level of the bonus (as well as other traits obviously). The key point would be that alongside this ritual suggestion, it boosts them more than the pure attacker races.

I also think +0.02 is too high. That's 0.48 wpa per RL day plus guild production. It will inflate server-wide wpa's massively.

Edit as I saw the other two posts above: I disagree with adding to expedient. Wizz pumping with elite pumping is far too strong. It should be a choice between elites and wizz.

I agree, I started at +0.02 on all acres because I know its going to meet resistance either way, might as well go crazy to start!

Veteran
    I've been thinking about this.

How about if, instead of needing to add tons of racial/pers bonuses to make it work (which crerates a lot of balancing issues), we just add racial/pers bonuses to the ritual effect. ie, during this new ritual, the effects are as described by RattleHead (with some balancing) but in addition, certain races/pers get an additional multiplier to the ritual wizz production benefit.

eg mystic, heretic, fae, elf, etc could have varying levels of increased wizz production from the ritual.

Thread Information