Thread: What rituals has your KD used?

Enthusiast

What rituals has your KD used?

I'm curious what rituals everyone has used and how frequently. For my KD we have only used Affluent, Expedient and Godspeed. After a war throw up Affluent, once it's time to train switch to Expedient. Exit eowcf and use Godspeed for the next hostile. We have yet to be in a situation where anything seems more beneficial than Godspeed, but I'm curious if anyone else has, and how it worked out.

Interesting.

We have used Expedient in EOWCF. Had no ritual our first war OOP. Had Godspeed for 2nd war and lost. Have been throwing up consecutive Barrier Rituals since 2nd war and entered 3rd war with a fresh Barrier 24 hours into it.

Have toyed with running Havoc in war, but Barrier seems to be most helpful for TMs getting UB and being less whiny.

We faced Onslaught in 2nd war, which IMO outclassed Godspeed.

I'd like one of the econ rituals to increase BE though :(

Enthusiast
    Affluent oop and for our first war, affluent and expedient every eowcf, onslaught oow, then in start of our 2nd war, barrier midway through our second war. Godspeed for abduct waves, barrier in extended hostile.

Edit, Havoc has been a very close choice TWICE, honestly I am super happy with how close most the rituals seem in power. I think onslaught should lose the +20% honor gains, or maybe make it for attacks only? I might run onslaught in a TM kingdom for the honor gains over havoc...
    Last edited by Bananamancer2000; 13-12-2017 at 04:43.

We change rituals alot. Sometimes 3 in a week. Depends on situation. Started age with expedient out of protection. Every war we run Godspeed but we are dryad and orc core. Eowcf is affluent and last 24 hours is expedient. Then we go Godspeed, expedient, Godspeed in a cycle until war comes. Someone gave us barely enough hostile points for a war 12 hours in expedient and we were able to change to Godspeed and declare on the 24th (took less than 8 hours to cast). They werent expecting that. If we do something great, its getting rituals completed in 24 hours or less.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -George S. Patton

we've used onslaught, with great success, expedient again its a fantastic ritual to use in eowcf after a win, barrier with disappointing results as far as tm ops disruption goes and godspeed... of my personal choices I think onslaught when war waving is great, godspeed when abduct trading is good, expedient when you win a war for rapid consolidation is the bombe and the only real solution, and barrier is a waste IMHO...

Onslaught is incredibly beastly in war, have used in each one this far. Also use affluent and expedient regularly pending training/stockpiling status. Faced a kingdom running havoc in war <—- this was exceptionally brutal.

Needs to get out more
    In practice, Barrier doesn't seem to be as good a choice as the alternatives. We've used the routine Affluent and Expedient in eowcf. Been victims of Godspeed and Onslaught, but we tend to use Havoc. I think the quiet bocan really enjoy Havoc. And NM waves have been devastating with Havoc as far as I can tell; I can't make wave time so all I've witnessed are the hard chained after the fact.

Onslaught hurts if you're on the receiving end. Last age with a cleric I felt lucky when we faced orc core with Onslaught. Losses are alarmingly high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    In our third war we out up a barrier around day 5? It was at this point everyone's TMs had more def than anyone's offense. Due to the nature of elite armies, the +dme have most of us more usuable offense than the +ome would have. It also pushed a few on the cusp right out of danger. The defensive WPA/TPA and -damage doesn't seem to noticable when we have the barrier, but we always notice when our enemies do...

Post Fiend
    Onslaught or Godsend in war, depending on the situation. Then after war we get Affluent up ASAP, and switch to Expedient in the last 24hours.

We have toyed with the idea of having everyone go up to 5 TPA and run 20% TD in a war with a havoc ritual, but haven't decided to do it yet.. It would be fun to watch our opponents offense and defense drop 3-4 provinces at a time.

Haven't even considered barrier or Resilient yet.

Needs to get out more
    I must say, I like the direction some of the changes are taking the game. I'm not sure players will adapt.

Taking out fortified stance and cleric personality makes for augmented strategies. I'm foremost a durability based thinker so I've been working from new perspectives to achieve things I'm comfortable with.

Our kingdom probably doesn't use Godspeed because we've got a few avian tacs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Onslaught by default/during war, Barrier if being fed on heavily, Affluent on war end and Expedient during the just prior to training before leaving EoWCF. Havoc hasn't really come into the equation yet.

I like rituals. They add a great new dimension to the game.
    Ghetto Nightmare

Age 96 - Chaise Longue/Lighthouse Fire | Age 95 - Telephone The Real Ham Jackson | Age 94 - Final Girl | Age 93 - Superdrug | Age 92 - No Gods No Masters | Age 91 - Hunting The Wren | Age 90 - I Useta Lover | Age 89 - The Young People | Age 88 - Suspended in Gaffa | Age 87 - Aversadze | Age 85-86 - [Making A Baby] | Age 84 - Gay Girls | Age 83 - Avant Gardener | Age 82 - Girls Talk | Age 81 - Aversadze | Age 80 - Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking | Age 79 - Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down | Age 78 - The Lightning Strike | Age 77 - So Like A Rose | Age 76 - Aversadze/Kemosabe | Age 75 - Not Your Kind Of People/Good Shot, Good Soldier | Age 74 - Godspell | Age 73 - Time Will Destroy Everything/Versions of Hate | Age 72 - Another New World | Age 71 - Cold Old Fire | Age 70 - Battlestations | Age 69 - Tilted | Age 68 - Spite & Malice | Age 67 - I, The Hand Grenade | Age 66 - The Mother We Share | Age 65 - Pretty Keen On Centrefolds | Age 64 - Wangernumb | Age 63 - Aversadze | Age 62 - Aversadze | Age 60 - Lynx | Age 59 - Astral | Age 58 - That's How You Get Ants | Age 57 - Aversadze

Post Fiend
    I'm not in a warring kingdom currently, we run Affluent after war, expedient at the end of end of war cf. I'm dorf myself, capped production + 20-25% towers at high BE pretty much means 3 dorfs can launch it easily. Dont really have the coordination for much more.
    Out of war we're currently in Godspeed, although I guess Expedient might be decent too. It's just got a bit of a target on its back.

We ran into war with Onslaught for one, and then changed to Godspeed after the first wave. It was quite effective to just slam a few fellas troops home with Onslaught up. Massive OME kinda helps too, very painful. Godspeed beats it hands down though. 10% speed is just massive.

Personally I'm really curious how a TM core does with Resilient up in war. Run a bunch of wickedly turtling provinces, guard stations/forts up and slap on Resilient. If you're able to get an Emerald drake off the ground, a TM core should just destroy anything. Like 10 Elf Mystics/heretics, 10 Bocan Rogues and a few .. I dunno, silly faeries or dorfs or something. Chain one province per wave, and just focus on clearing out enemy TMs whilst their attackers cant really chain you. Curious if that'd work.

Barrier feels really useless to me. Affluent is only good for just after war when you have high peasants, or perhaps in a properly drawn out war. Although I'd still go with Expedient then I think.

Thoughts on adding a BE bonus to a ritual, and/or a credit bonus or so? IMO Onslaught, compared to Godspeed, could use a bit of a bonus (+20% credits), and Barrier a BE bonus (affluent +20% scientist spawn?). I'd be careful about boosting Resilient too much, I think -25% gains ritual - 25% gains guard stations and another -20% gains emerald drake = 45% gains. Make sure you run proper TPA/WPA and use your own high tpa/wpa provinces to destroy enemy TMs. High DPA and turtle with army in, accepting that you'll lose 1-2 provinces in a wave (if even, I mean, good luck chaining into 50% gains, high hospitals with -20% losses ritual, and high tpa/wpa to prevent NM so doubles at best).

Has anyone tried the Resilient ritual yet?

Regards,
    NighT

Our cycle has been this so far.

EOWCF starts, Get Affluent up ASAP. Get Expedient prepped afterwards for training date. Then Godspeed for abduct/waving until a war is found or declared on. Opening wave with Godspeed into havoc ritual for rest of the war.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NighT View Post

Has anyone tried the Resilient ritual yet?

we have used this the first time this age, i must say i'm not a fan, i dont even run DEF SPECS...

Done resilient, we almost died from boredom, but it is probably a good choice if you expect incoming waves on a state of unreadiness. Also do affluent + expedient in eowcf, it's lovely. Use onslaught and godspeed in war, lov'em. Used to use barrier a lot, but with the new rituals I don't think we will again. Havoc must be total awesomeness for nightmare kingdoms, it would probably be good for us too, if I wasn't too traditional in my thinking.

Thread Information