Thread: Pick one gains criterion and be fair

Pick one gains criterion and be fair

Pick either NW or Land. This two set is screwy.

Having it so that some teeny kingdom can hit up 30% NW on me and gain 3X what I can gain on them because of land gains is crap. Alternatively, add a removal of RKDNW NW protection on retaliations. I am fine with little kingdoms being sheltered from us, but if they hit into us, we ought to be able to hit back on even footing.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Having it so that some teeny kingdom can hit up 30% NW on me and gain 3X what I can gain on them because of land gains is crap
    Do you mean raw gain or % based gain? Because gain is % based - they get more raw because you are bigger. Also because you are bigger you can attack their t/ms or raze the attackers.

Post Fiend
    All the more reason I keep pushing for an absolute value in this area

(lower self-target net-acres/higher self-target net-acres) X (lower kd self/-target net-acres/higher kd self-target net-acres) = gains bonus...

It would protect the small from the big/big from the small/and encourage more wars.

These gains bonuses could increase with relations...
    Last edited by BoBDuDe; 04-01-2018 at 19:13.

Postaholic
    Land-based gains are a failed experiment. They mean that most people simply don't know how gains work and cannot figure it out. They were only brought about because networth was broken further and further over the ages to the point where land eventually made up such an insignificant part of it as to be irrelevant. Simply fix the networth values and networth-based gains would work just fine.

Thread Information