Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strategies to get a war

Im just a steward but it helps to send out war mails offering war to like 6-8 kds around your acres, just check rankings to see where you will come out of eowcf and then you can predict sizes etc.

Be friendly and youll often get a decent response.

We have just finished our 6th war, 4 wins.
    If your afraid of losing you need to lose that mindset.

Warring is the best part of the game. and lets be fair EOWCF is the best area to get your **** dialed.
    Abduct waves are okay, but dangerous. if you give away hostile someone might draw out hostile and op you to **** and then hit the button.
    Also abducts and massacres can lead to them declaring on you and chaining those with 0 incoming acres. easy to win against you if theyre coordinated.

I dont know about other kingdoms but i love being in war, Rogues are OP this age tho :P
    "Inspecting mirrors is a job that I could really see myself doing."

#BloodyMess

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    the only issue with losing is it can be pretty devstating to wpa and science. you end up eating alot of massacres which means high guilds pump, as u exit ewocf u end up eating learn waves since your "small"

My suggestion though for geting war is take a big challenge. 3 of my kds 5 wars this age have been against kds that had >15% nw advantage on us pre war. Only reason we dont have average war target that big is 1 war at 75% and we generally wave them then get declared on which lowers their declare nw.
    Im not sure how popular massacres are with war ghettos though? Particularly as I would recommend kingdoms WD when odds look ugly, rather than try for a turnaround. Risk/Reward isn't worth it for kingdoms just trying to pull themselves together to learn to war to drag out to the point where massacres are going to become a big issue.

Unless massacres are suddenly a really popular thing this age in war? Idk didn't war.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by ahtoad View Post
    Usually a synchronised core setup scares people off

Which spectrum of the charts is ur kingdom in? Competitve warring? Casual?
    6:7

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Legality View Post
    6:7
    23 is the magic number
    Age 72 - Baron
    Age 73 - Baroness

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Im not sure how popular massacres are with war ghettos though? Particularly as I would recommend kingdoms WD when odds look ugly, rather than try for a turnaround. Risk/Reward isn't worth it for kingdoms just trying to pull themselves together to learn to war to drag out to the point where massacres are going to become a big issue.

Unless massacres are suddenly a really popular thing this age in war? Idk didn't war.
    they happen enough

** Kingdom news report **114 hours
    -- Massacre: 31 (139,039 population)
    -- Massacre: 55 (108,295 population)

This age has been very tough for us to get wars. Mainly due to our setup and nwpa would have to be my guess. Most of our wars find us warring up, and into more troop count/peasant counts. Warring up is usually your best bet to get wars quickly, but usually the tougher longer wars. In recent ages i think 7-8 wars was more common due to the ease of access NM had. NMing and chaining can make a lot of wars min time, thus leading to more wars in a given age.

*Waves from 6:3* love the banner ;)

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingaaaa View Post
    Im just a steward but it helps to send out war mails offering war to like 6-8 kds around your acres, just check rankings to see where you will come out of eowcf and then you can predict sizes etc.

Be friendly and youll often get a decent response.

We have just finished our 6th war, 4 wins.
    If your afraid of losing you need to lose that mindset.

Warring is the best part of the game. and lets be fair EOWCF is the best area to get your **** dialed.
    Abduct waves are okay, but dangerous. if you give away hostile someone might draw out hostile and op you to **** and then hit the button.
    Also abducts and massacres can lead to them declaring on you and chaining those with 0 incoming acres. easy to win against you if theyre coordinated.

I dont know about other kingdoms but i love being in war, Rogues are OP this age tho :P

hmmm did ya'll just win a kingdom with a 2/6 record? lol
    my 2 cents is war is hard to find as kingdoms want to war with an advantage
    my kd had been stood up for 3 wars this age and 2 times this was against bigger kds. we always war going in at a disadvantage because kds are just so scared of losing they come up with any last minute excuses to avoid war if they sense they begin to lose the edge pre-war
    Last edited by madtyres; 13-01-2018 at 13:08.

The safest way to try to get what you want is to try to deserve what you want. It's such a simple idea. It's the golden rule. You want to deliver to the WoL what you would buy if you were on the other end.

I only like to war bad kingdoms so it is important to also look bad.
    -22-23 provinces starting (we will talk about the other 2-3 in a minute)
    -first half of the kingdom logs in early and follows a poor, sad theme - can use standardized races
    -second half of the kingdom logs in later and does not follow theme - non-standardized races
    -a portion of the second half should join late so there will be protection provs on the kd page during day 1
    -a portion of both halves doesn't build/train until mid day or until actionable hostile is received
    -random-esque exploration for a ghetto looking spread
    -use a stupid name like rebuilding, under construction
    -or use a known ghettos name/banner like russian drivers, nobles, spoonbills, pandas, barcoloco, frost giants, etc.
    -don't sit online all day. do what you need to do and log off.

Comments removed - Fake Wars are NOT an acceptable way to get wars
    Last edited by Sassy_Wolfie; 16-01-2018 at 20:15. Reason: Encouraging fake war
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

I was reading this thread quite seriously then .... wow that last post from octobrev is just pure gem. xD

You made my day ROFL!

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Lady View Post
    I was reading this thread quite seriously then .... wow that last post from octobrev is just pure gem. xD

You made my day ROFL!
    Same here. You really just revert back to the stuff that got you in trouble as a kid without real world consequences. Besides the serial killer neat freaks out there, the majority are the messy room, stay up too late, wake up too late, watch R rated movies, don't do your chores type of personality. Let these things be at home with you in Utopia and wars will appear out of thin air.

Because of the serial killer neat freaks out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I would never dream of encouraging fake wars. None of the methodologies I shared were illegal; I've personally vetted each of them to make sure. The rules, as they're writen and enforced, have a lot of grey area to navigate and precedent is often all we have to rely on (fw is determined on a case by case basis). Effective and efficent play requires us to be able to discuss and understand the nuances. These wars may be close to the line but they are definitely not fake.

Wouldn't WsK had been deleted if the tactic associated with them was deemed illegal? And CR as well? Sleepy? And most of the other known kingdoms? What about Ronin vs the U? They farmed all the way to the crown but it was too weird and ambiguous to action. Would they had been deleted if I told you it was organized? What's the difference?

The ability to obtain winnable wars is abundantly more important than race/pers/buildings or any other strategic element at this point. In the past, it was easy to overlook because it only affected honor/ww but now it bleeds into the land/nw competition as well. Leadership cannot, in good conscience, burden a kingdom with an age of play without some level of assurance that the requisite wars will be available to them. It's nice to not have to be mean but, when it comes down to it, gaining access to the warwin bonuses requires pieces on both sides of the board to be moved... somehow.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    I would never dream of encouraging fake wars. None of the methodologies I shared were illegal; I've personally vetted each of them to make sure. The rules, as they're writen and enforced, have a lot of grey area to navigate and precedent is often all we have to rely on (fw is determined on a case by case basis). Effective and efficent play requires us to be able to discuss and understand the nuances. These wars may be close to the line but they are definitely not fake.

Wouldn't WsK had been deleted if the tactic associated with them was deemed illegal? And CR as well? Sleepy? And most of the other known kingdoms? What about Ronin vs the U? They farmed all the way to the crown but it was too weird and ambiguous to action. Would they had been deleted if I told you it was organized? What's the difference?

The ability to obtain winnable wars is abundantly more important than race/pers/buildings or any other strategic element at this point. In the past, it was easy to overlook because it only affected honor/ww but now it bleeds into the land/nw competition as well. Leadership cannot, in good conscience, burden a kingdom with an age of play without some level of assurance that the requisite wars will be available to them. It's nice to not have to be mean but, when it comes down to it, gaining access to the warwin bonuses requires pieces on both sides of the board to be moved... somehow.
    Pure freaking genius....
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Forum Addict
    Is "any player casually suggesting you should have fake wars" against policy, or is it "a player of octobrev's reputation casually suggesting you should have fake wars" against policy? I can't recall seeing this edited before... clarification could be useful.

Top 15 WW chart. . . most are at or well below 100% avg opponent size. A few are like. . . 92-93%. That's just embarrassing.

Except there's that one outlier. Frozen, at 108%. Those guys are hardcore. :)

Negotiate fair terms only. If you only are willing to except terms you think ensure victory, yer gonna get 3 wars an age. #boring

Frozen got their 108% opponent strength because of us. It was totally our fault and I'm not complaining or making excuses. We sci waved them when we were not war ready at all but they were 2+mil nw smaller so why would they declare. Well they did and we had a really, really tough time over the first couple days and we couldn't recover. Learned a hard lesson from that.

Conversely that's why our average opponent size is so low.

Thread Information