Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strategies to get a war

Post Fiend

Strategies to get a war

Hello,

This is especially for leadership in the KDs that consistently get a lot of wars age after age. And by a lot, I mean, 5+. How do you guys do it? Please be as details as possible :). Also, when you post, please identify which KD you play for and if you are in leadership, so I know where I'm getting advice from- thanks!

Be reasonable, don't expect to negotiate a win before the war starts, or no one will agree to war you, obviously don't give up too much in terms of timing or whatever advantages you might perceive, either. If you want a War without negotiating it beforehand, you are going to have to hit a KD that is bigger than you, give them some incentive to hit back and press the button.

If being nice and making friends who you can War cordially doesn't work, just start kicking people in the shin.

Veteran
    start looking directly after a war is concluded. dont agree to war with a long prep period or youll have your gold stolen by their friends. know your limits, mainly the weaker players you have, and work to improve those parts to make pumping less difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    You just got owned again. When will you learn fool. I'm just on a different level.

Post Fiend
    Don't be picky, if you want s lot of wars, expect to lose a few. If you want to go for the WW crown, make sure your strategy is on point, if you are picky, you will get 3-4 wars an age at best.

Quote Originally Posted by elixer View Post
    start looking directly after a war is concluded. dont agree to war with a long prep period or youll have your gold stolen by their friends. know your limits, mainly the weaker players you have, and work to improve those parts to make pumping less difficult.
    This is good advice.
    So is the idea of hitting up to find wars.

A lot of what you're going to do/should not do/want to do is going to depend on the limits mentioned by elixer, and how you address those. If your KD is active and experienced, you may not need to or want to arrange wars. If you're especially bad as a kingdom, you may want to arrange wars with similarly terrible kingdoms.

Regular
    These days so many kingdoms only want to war where they have clear and significant advantages before the war is agreed. How many kingdoms around with 95% average opponent size...honestly the mods need to penalise kingdoms with a below 100% (98%) average opponent size.

How to find war....search and message old son. You'll message 10 (if you're lucky) kingdoms in range. Most do respond in fairness. Any below you in NW will decline. Those above might agree, but want X days to pump (explore, grow) until they are 5% larger in NW.

If you want a quick war then wave a kingdom 105% /110% of your NW size and more often than not they will press the button unless your wave is particularly severe.

Forum Addict
    With the average number of wars this age only 4 wars in 8 weeks, things are definitely slowing down in the warring game. Wars have been steadily becoming more and more win-dependent over the ages to be worth engaging in, so less and less kingdoms are willing to just war for the sake of warring. Offer to war at a mild disadvantage and try your best to overcome it, makes the war challenging and keeps your kingdom active, avoiding the stagnation that is seeping into the warring game.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    With the average number of wars this age only 4 wars in 8 weeks, things are definitely slowing down in the warring game. Wars have been steadily becoming more and more win-dependent over the ages to be worth engaging in, so less and less kingdoms are willing to just war for the sake of warring. Offer to war at a mild disadvantage and try your best to overcome it, makes the war challenging and keeps your kingdom active, avoiding the stagnation that is seeping into the warring game.
    they have always been slow like that imo but warring at a disadvantage is good advice and it is the only way you will actually get better, makes you more versatile and capable of adapting to different situations.

a good view to have when you are trying to be a war kd is not just about winning, but growth. dont be afraid to lose because a loss is really a win in a very ugly disguise, plus it helps build up a good core. the best players are the ones that stick it out even in the roughest times(good activity is needed with them as well lol).

now one actual piece of advice, never give up lol.

gl with all your wars to come =]
    Last edited by elixer; 06-01-2018 at 07:10.
    You just got owned again. When will you learn fool. I'm just on a different level.

Regular
    Usually a synchronised core setup scares people off

Which spectrum of the charts is ur kingdom in? Competitve warring? Casual?
    Age 72 - Baron
    Age 73 - Baroness

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ahtoad View Post

if he ever makes it back to reply lol

Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    Which is literally counter intuitive.

Losing just means you can win your next war and get to the same size, basically, and try again. There are zero disadvantages to losing wars besides rankings, assuming your players don't mind. And for a lot of kds it 's what they need to do anyways to learn.

And the fact that ww bonus can be rather significant is a good thing for kds that do lose, assuming they eventually win.
    Last edited by Pillz; 06-01-2018 at 08:15.

Quote Originally Posted by ahtoad View Post

If you have 25 capable players you could be a competitive war kd with a rainbow strat imo

And you'd still have trouble finding wars.

Veteran
    In what way do you think wars are becoming more win dependant to be worth engaging in?

With the EoW CF making pumps easy you can lose a war and still end up stronger than when you started the war.

I think the above given above is all useful. Basically consider whether you would agree to war you if you were the other kd. If you wouldn't, there's a decent chance they won't.

Needs to get out more
    We get a decent number of wars but there were times big kingdoms gave hostile with abductions. I'd like to jump those big kingdoms once in a while since this, IMO, is as good an invitation. We just aren't organized in that way. What we're doing is working, which is to agree to start dates with kingdoms in our range.

Personally I enjoy warring really good to great kingdoms to see what strategic innovations they're using since I'm a bit lazy following age to age dynamics.

This comes down to the old casual war kingdoms being somewhat aware of their relative opponents. We don't see the real killers very often unless they're false tagging. That's fine, but they always want prep like elixir mentioned and our bigs get hammered by randoms, lol.

The competitive war kingdoms might study you by proxy and you can tell by the way they engage you from the start. Generally their war plans will become apparent and you can crash their objectives. But again, we aren't built that way. We war in a style that we as a kingdom are comfortable. It's sometimes frustrating if you're from more competitive tiers as a player, but you'll find there's deeper wisdom in how things are done.

The casual warring tier has impressive longevity. This is due to how they interact both in and out of kingdom as a whole. There's always a few griefers here and there, a few ups and downs, but they endure through mature perspective. I'm still a bit anxious to rip into big kingdoms as an individual but my time has been spent across all tiers so I feel like nobody is better than anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Which is literally counter intuitive.

Losing just means you can win your next war and get to the same size, basically, and try again. There are zero disadvantages to losing wars besides rankings, assuming your players don't mind. And for a lot of kds it 's what they need to do anyways to learn.

And the fact that ww bonus can be rather significant is a good thing for kds that do lose, assuming they eventually win.
    the only issue with losing is it can be pretty devstating to wpa and science. you end up eating alot of massacres which means high guilds pump, as u exit ewocf u end up eating learn waves since your "small"

My suggestion though for geting war is take a big challenge. 3 of my kds 5 wars this age have been against kds that had >15% nw advantage on us pre war. Only reason we dont have average war target that big is 1 war at 75% and we generally wave them then get declared on which lowers their declare nw.

Thread Information