Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dead by mills

Thanks for your help David

Yes, I've noticed, and seen a lot of people attributing the munk Oops to server. Munk should come up with a slightly different 'Oops', shouldn't he?

TY for dealing with the bug, although it did bring me great joy.

Munk should change the Oops to "HAHA GOTCHA SUCKER" lol
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    This was a bit unusual, we have dealt with the Province that experienced this bug and deployed a hotfix so it doesn't occur again.

To clarify some of the speculation:
    - There was no 'mistake' in what was coded. The way the game handles land is complex and not just a simple variable. In order to cancel building construction it goes through several states and there are checks along the way that unintentionally saw this particular condition as a dead province. We've taken appropriate measures to address this.
    "There was no 'mistake'"......"unintentionally saw this particular condition"

Pretty sure you just said there was no mistake, then went on to provide a textbook example as a mistake in coding. Maybe not a syntax error, but definitely an unintentional bug (both qualify as mistakes). ;-)

Not judging - I love what you guys are doing since purchasing the game. And honestly I think this might be the most hilarious bug I've ever seen in this game.
    Just a bit of light-hearted ribbing. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
    "There was no 'mistake'"......"unintentionally saw this particular condition"

Pretty sure you just said there was no mistake, then went on to provide a textbook example as a mistake in coding. Maybe not a syntax error, but definitely an unintentional bug (both qualify as mistakes). ;-)

Not judging - I love what you guys are doing since purchasing the game. And honestly I think this might be the most hilarious bug I've ever seen in this game.
    Just a bit of light-hearted ribbing. :)
    Im gonna step in and save Bishop or Hawk a post:

A bug is only present if the code functions in a way that was unintended. In this case, the code functioned exactly as intended. It isn't their fault that people take actions in the game that are allowed by the time but the devs did not factor into their planning.

This is a surprise feature - like a vacation-granting landmine, if you will.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Im gonna step in and save Bishop or Hawk a post:

A bug is only present if the code functions in a way that was unintended. In this case, the code functioned exactly as intended. It isn't their fault that people take actions in the game that are allowed by the time but the devs did not factor into their planning.

This is a surprise feature - like a vacation-granting landmine, if you will.
    Uhh...
    I get paid....to write code....this is a bug.
    Not factoring in possible situations (We call these "user stories") is one of the way bugs find their way into code. There are many types of bugs. This is one of them.

Though I do have to admit I like surprise feature better.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
    Uhh...
    I get paid....to write code....this is a bug.
    Not factoring in possible situations (We call these "user stories") is one of the way bugs find their way into code. There are many types of bugs. This is one of them.

Though I do have to admit I like surprise feature better.
    Im sorry but according to almost every post by Bishop in this Bug reports forum, you're mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Im sorry but according to almost every post by Bishop in this Bug reports forum, you're mistaken.
    He's not.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    He's not.
    Don't contradict yourself

Thread Information