Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: War

I understand the viewpoints and don't mind the overall idea of having KDs confirmed for war. 36 hours is far too long of a commitment time for KDs to be locked into this war agreed stance. Considering mintime wars are only 48 hours, 36 hours seem far too long; 24 - 48 hrs would probably work okay. Personally, I really enjoy the diplo aspect of the game and would make me a sad panda to remove an aspect of that.

a system with a timer can work if the timer doesnt have a long duration. Set the timer to be 12hours. In those 12hours both kds would be able to rebuild, while being immune to outside hits and not able to do hits themselves. The point of waving right before entering this state is not valid, since you will always do a snatch news on the enemy to see if they are trying something. If a kd waves and enters this state with a friend kd.. people can still raze into war that starts 12h later... so i see no problem there.

Also agree with Loke, people are just to fixed on keeping a ww record and are usually not eager to enter war if theres the slightest chance they might lose. Remove the ww record for first 8 weeks of the age or remove completely while only posting the ww record on the charts after age ends.

Veteran
    Lots of points in this thread now.

- I agree with removing war wins / losses and just keeping war points (and maybe total wars?). But for that to be meaningful in not discouraging KDs from saying no to a war they might not win, it would need to not come back at the end of age.

- A 12 hours timer sounds short. It's probably not enough time to change build for the average KD where everyone isn't active all the time (and I'm not sure you should have to speed build just to use the timer to have a war build in place anyway).

- @ QueenMab: This idea wouldn't affect the need for diplomacy. You still need to find KDs to agree to war to be able to use the timer. And if you prefer to just wave, you can do that as you don't have to use the timer. It would also still be possible to not use the timer, by agreeing a future date for war (as you might do now) and then at that given time both selecting 0 on the timer.

- @ the people saying they send tons of messages and can't find KDs to agree to war: this suggestion isn't likely to fix that. What it should change is when a KD actually agrees to war, and then later changes their mind.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenMab View Post
    I understand the viewpoints and don't mind the overall idea of having KDs confirmed for war. 36 hours is far too long of a commitment time for KDs to be locked into this war agreed stance. Considering mintime wars are only 48 hours, 36 hours seem far too long; 24 - 48 hrs would probably work okay. Personally, I really enjoy the diplo aspect of the game and would make me a sad panda to remove an aspect of that.
    Why would 36 hours be too long? Nothing is too long if both KDs agreed at exact date.
    Diplo aspect stays, just slightly reduced cause no giving-button talk.
    Removing WW ratios would be really good idea. Too many KDs are worried of not having perfect score so they can't brag about it.
    Confession of Lotus 4 life!

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by loky View Post
    Timer is generally good idea. Needs some details ofc if devs ever want to implement it

One suggestion too: Remove Wars Won / Concluded War ratios and leave only WW pts
    Monarch now days only fight wars where they can win and keep their perfect 100% WW record. By removing that Monarchs will (hopefully) rush for WW pts only and war as much as possible. Right now they want to have 5/5 or 6/6 at EoA while warring only when 80% WW is in beg before kick off
    Agree, i would hide the WW/ War ratio until end of age the last week or so.
    And only your own kd see the win ratio. This way wars will not be so much based on "they look good, they have 4 war wins and is a top 5 warring kd."

Post Fiend
    The suggestion is to build on. It's not perfect, but i think wars are fun, i often don't care if we win or lose. Tight good wars is always more fun since it brings out activity within the KD and strategy. Also builds the kingdoms spirit up when you have to work together to win the war. Utopia is a team game where trust that you do your job and others do theirs to win.

Getting wars easier isnt in this suggestion.
    But this age 2 wars has been called off last minute meaning, we have to rebuild again from war build to pump build. We have funded an dragon for no reason twice.
    We have to rebuild our gc stock pile and grow since we have overdrafted for the first wave of war.
    And wait 1-1½ week before next war, since we have been to big or to strong in NW all age.

The timer will change any backing out last second because you see one kd do the pre war better then the other KDs.
    And we have only asked KDs in the top 20 for wars all age, so it's not bad kds.

Will tell you the kd names after age since i really think these top KDs is dishonorble and destroy the game of Utopia by DBing.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyric View Post
    The suggestion is to build on. It's not perfect,
    We (community) need to find a proposal that:

- accommodates a sufficiently long timer period for KDs to change into war build, allowing for people not being online 24/7 and sleeping like a normal person. Personally I think it should be without having to speed build.
    - doesn't allow the 2 KDs to abuse it (eg if no hits are allowed in for a significant period, it can be abused and used to pump)
    - doesn't allow one of the 2 KDs to wave a third party KD just before the timer starts knowing they cannot be retalled
    - minimises the risk of third party KDs waving one of the 2 KDs once the timer started, as that is likely to make the war uneven and upset a lot of people.

Thread Information