Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: War

Post Fiend

War

The past few ages wars have become harder and harder to get. Once you have a war, often both kd starts dragons, build strategy for war, re-build acres to fit the plan and both kd has set an date for the start.
    But more and more deal breakers are starting to happen. KDs invest tons of gc in to re-building and fund the dragon. While the other KD often just ignore and deal break 1-3 hours before war is set to start.

Suggestion:
    Once an war is accepted, a timer is set. (no out side kds can hit on the kds/ you can't hit out)
    Timer can be set between 12-36 hours.
    Once the set date is accepted by both kds, there is no turning back.

This way no DBs will happen. Both KDs will have 100% stealth + mana = no crying. No wasted gc for dragons either.
    And wars will start!

We have been DBed twice this age just hours before wars and had two funded dragons ready + swapped builds for war.
    They chicken out when they see our offense/ defense/ tpa/ wpa and compare it to their own in last second.
    Shouldn't be our fault to be good at this game.

So you can wave someone and then escape into war.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Do you really believe that would be a big issue? Its already possible to do this anyways, this suggestion only makes it slightly easier

Quote Originally Posted by luke3 View Post
    Do you really believe that would be a big issue? Its already possible to do this anyways, this suggestion only makes it slightly easier
    Its not since you arent protected from outside hits. Which you would be according to his suggestion. I dont think his type of dealbreaks happens that often either. I mean there is kingdoms with 10 wars.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    wait what?

I just said (when you put the timer on you cant hit out and no one can hit in on you)
    But the issue is that kingdoms run all the damn time. 3x times this age, this last time a top 2 kd is running from us. When they have agreed to war with bad excuses.

Post Fiend
    Is there kingdoms with 10x wars? odd, top kingdoms doesnt have more then 3-5 this age. And we have been trying to get wars since year 4 and DBs been coming everytime we've had an agreed war.
    And thats only this age.

Who are these KDs that are running? What are the chances you're setting up Wars with little PoS KDs that shouldn't even agree to war you in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyric View Post
    Is there kingdoms with 10x wars? odd, top kingdoms doesnt have more then 3-5 this age. And we have been trying to get wars since year 4 and DBs been coming everytime we've had an agreed war.
    And thats only this age.
    My bad I cant read, it was 10th warwin a row. .

But essentially you could wave a kingdom. Then get into this "agreement" you are suggesting for 36 hours and then you got a way with a free wave cause the kingdom that you hit have no ability to hit back at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyric View Post
    wait what?

I just said (when you put the timer on you cant hit out and no one can hit in on you)
    But the issue is that kingdoms run all the damn time. 3x times this age, this last time a top 2 kd is running from us. When they have agreed to war with bad excuses.
    I think he meant that you could wave a kd to get incoming land, accept the timer, then be free from any retals until war started but have an incoming acre advantage.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    Who are these KDs that are running? What are the chances you're setting up Wars with little PoS KDs that shouldn't even agree to war you in the first place?
    We have been looking for war vs top kds, and they are both in the top 10 WW league. Not that hard this age, i mean 3/3 and ur in top 10 WW this age. Since many kds run.
    I just suggest that if you agree to an war, why not get an timer that automaticly starts the war.

This way you dont get Deal Breakers.
    This way you wont get whining about "you should had started the war 10-20 minutes ago wtf" or "sorry can't press this hour, half my kd isn't online".

You get the wars = action = more fun for all.
    Right now the game is losing players a lot for, the action isnt there. And it's to hard to get wars.
    3-4 wars an age of 10-15 weeks of gaming, is this fun? And the wars take what 48 hours :P

Veteran
    I agree with Korp that as it stands the suggestion doesn't work.

However I like the underlying idea. To make it work you could say that once the timer starts, the 2 kds cannot send out armies (except maybe intra kd so inactives can be killed), but that for a period of x hours they can still be attacked as normal (to allow retals etc). That might make KDs less likely to take up the idea though. I suppose in theory you could code it so that you could only recieve hits form KDs that your KD has attacked in the last y hours.

There are other ways too.

Post Fiend
    Actually I think if you just simplify this a little it works better all around.

Just make the timer however many days, after both kingdoms accept. During the "countdown", its like you are in normal stance. Any incoming or outgoing attacks are still OK. When the timer is up, you automatically enter war without anyone having to push a button. Its probably easier to have it happen at the tick. This also gets rid of the slight advantage of getting to push the button and know exactly when it is going to happen when the other KD doesn't.

This would make it so you couldn't DB, but also let you do whatever else you wanted. Maybe it makes it so you cant attack each other, in the countdown period, or that is an option that you can both choose or something along those lines.

Veteran
    I assume the reason that OP had no attacks was because if a KD gets waved once the countdown has started, war could be so unbalanced from the outset. In theory, you could even get a friend's KD to randomly wave the KD you are going to war with - that's win-win for you and your friend because your friend probably won't get retalled much (because the other KD wouldn't want to give ops) and you have an advantage going into war.

However, I've also been thinking about my earlier post some more. I don't think my idea of only allowing retals works because the immunity aspect gives protection to KDs doing unintended things like using the time to pump (rather than just prepare).

Maybe immunity is too much. It could have sliding in war protection (perhaps also with +own casualties for people hitting in), which would discourage random waves but not prevent it entirely so if you do silly things like run mega low army or stock tons of gc, you still have the risk of being attacked.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    I assume the reason that OP had no attacks was because if a KD gets waved once the countdown has started, war could be so unbalanced from the outset. In theory, you could even get a friend's KD to randomly wave the KD you are going to war with - that's win-win for you and your friend because your friend probably won't get retalled much (because the other KD wouldn't want to give ops) and you have an advantage going into war.

However, I've also been thinking about my earlier post some more. I don't think my idea of only allowing retals works because the immunity aspect gives protection to KDs doing unintended things like using the time to pump (rather than just prepare).

Maybe immunity is too much. It could have sliding in war protection (perhaps also with +own casualties for people hitting in), which would discourage random waves but not prevent it entirely so if you do silly things like run mega low army or stock tons of gc, you still have the risk of being attacked.
    The reason for no into or out going hits during timer is to not give one kd and heavy unbalansed war.
    So maybe, within the timer you could maybe put in numbers of Acres that is maximum pre war.
    NW is always based on the KD who's done most abductions and who has not.

Also to protect both kds before an war maximum (36 hours say) is so one kd doesn't call upon an alliance or friendly kds to hit the enemy kd.
    Because that has started to happen more and more again aswell.

I want Utopia to get more action then it does today and the balans is horrible. This way more wars will happen, more balansed wars will happen and no DBs that make other kds say "this is to much of an pain to fix these wars, im thinking of quiting. It's not fun anymore."

Because how many Monarches here have feel, my kd is on me for not fixing wars. I have to send 10-40 msges to ask for war. If we wave another kd they wont war us anyway. This is to much work that i can't give from my RL"
    Make it simple to get wars. An auto timer that starts just as the timer is for rituals (finnish before the timer is down to 0)
    Easy.
    Last edited by Deathlyric; 12-01-2018 at 06:06.

Post Fiend
    Timer is generally good idea. Needs some details ofc if devs ever want to implement it

One suggestion too: Remove Wars Won / Concluded War ratios and leave only WW pts
    Monarch now days only fight wars where they can win and keep their perfect 100% WW record. By removing that Monarchs will (hopefully) rush for WW pts only and war as much as possible. Right now they want to have 5/5 or 6/6 at EoA while warring only when 80% WW is in beg before kick off
    Confession of Lotus 4 life!

Thread Information