Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Emeriti vs BB?

Post Fiend
    There are literally no advantageous mechanics for larger KDs, they're all designed for the smaller KD.

There was no question of can we open on you. The mechanics literally make it non-worthwhile to do so.

Since this only my 2nd age back (and consequently in Emeriti), I can't speak to the mostly historical bad blood and tactics used in the past.

And you're seriously still calling it a winning play? What does it win? I agree we are the ones with something to lose. We made our decisions and we will live with them. But why do you insist on "winning" play here. Just call it what it is. BB wants to f*** Emeriti. (Note: I'm actually not saying this is a bad play on your end, just don't pretend you're doing anything other than it).

Also, there are plenty of cases throughout the history of the game where people "used" mechanics and it was deemed abuse. So don't go acting like everything is 100% ok just because it's coded in the game. Just because it doesn't result in action (aka punishment and/or deletion) still doesn't make it not abuse.

Post Demon
    this is how you get to be number one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfYnvDL0Qcw

any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by Memster View Post
    And you're seriously still calling it a winning play?

No I said it was the only winning play we can make, which means the only SHOT at a winning play we have. The only path that COULD lead to a win. Of course, now it can't because there is not enough time anymore. Oh well.

What does it win? I agree we are the ones with something to lose. We made our decisions and we will live with them. But why do you insist on "winning" play here. Just call it what it is. BB wants to f*** Emeriti. (Note: I'm actually not saying this is a bad play on your end, just don't pretend you're doing anything other than it).
    If you had the intestinal fortitude to attack, we might have turned it into something competitive. That is very simple.

Also, there are plenty of cases throughout the history of the game where people "used" mechanics and it was deemed abuse. So don't go acting like everything is 100% ok just because it's coded in the game.
    No sir. Abuse of mechanics is the kind of **** that Emeriti has done and been actioned for. Do you see the Dev's actioning us? No? The STFU on that. I can't believe this is you I am hearing this whining from. You are not the guy I played with. And this is comming from ME! Perhaps one of the most cited for whining ever to play the game. This is really bad man.

Just because it doesn't result in action (aka punishment and/or deletion) still doesn't make it not abuse.
    Actually, it really does. It is pretty much the definition of it in utopia. Think about Godly and his brilliant resetting in war tactics and so on. Come on. This is not even a little bit like that. Turtleish? yes. Annoying? yes. Abuse of mechanics? You have got to be freaking kidding me.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Abuse of mechanics is the kind of **** that Emeriti has done and been actioned for
    Unless something happened in the 4 ages I was away, this is a blatant, flat-out wrong lie. Emeriti has never been actioned for abusing mechanics. Mechanics have certainly been changed at EOA as a result of how Emeriti used mechanics, but that is completely different from being actioned.

At least get your trollgument right before you throw it out there. You're a lawyer, hold yourself to a higher standard of truthfulness.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshrak View Post
    Unless something happened in the 4 ages I was away, this is a blatant, flat-out wrong lie. Emeriti has never been actioned for abusing mechanics. Mechanics have certainly been changed as a result of how Emeriti used mechanics, but that is completely different from being actioned.

At least get your trollgument right before you throw it out there. You're a lawyer, hold yourself to a higher standard of truthfulness.
    To be clearer:

Probably not emeriti per se, but certainly members of Emeriti while playing in CR.

The two kingdoms have shared so many of the same players (at least from my perspective) that it is difficult to mentally separate the two.

If that is unfair, I apologize.
    There is a vast difference between what has been actioned as abuse and the current situation.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Fiend
    You'll have to catch me up for stuff Emeriti has done and been actioned for.

As for taking the fight to you, there is plenty of evidence this age where we know opening is not all the prosperous BS you are spewing. It's the same reason from a similar position BB didn't open up on Emeriti from the power position.

We also have logs of BB Leadership informing us there was no desire to fight, and no desire to cf. In fact, they even told us that they weren't even competing. Then they said the only way any deal was being reached if we gave another week so you could dump 50k acres and super pump.

There is historical evidence of game admins NOT actioning when it was deemed abuse (the 50% acre explore cap bug is the one that sticks out the most).

And I complain about one thing (which I've complained about all age), and I'm suddenly just a whiner? The throttling crap is the worst mechanic the game has seen in a long time and there is ZERO way to overcome it. Ask Frosties/Ronin how that throttling mechanic works against Sparta/Frosties. Funny, didn't see you fight the stupid mechanic claim in those threads.

And if a simple complaint changes your opinion of me, then so be it. Can't help that.

Side note: Funny how much interest you are showing because of mechanics killed competitive Utopia. Should change that sig

Is that at issue in those threads? I have not been reading most of the forum this age.

I don't disagree the mechanics for the last three ages suck.

I disagree that you could not have gained opening.

You all have been in the drivers seat and you balked and screwed up. Don't blame anyone but yourselves for that.

Veteran
    The part I don't understand is how BB are said to be abusing the mechanics. The mechanics are designed to (a) throttle hits on a KD out of range after x meter disparity and (b) allow any KD to auto CF after y meter disparity, even if they have LL'd land. As far as I have understood, BB would potentially (if attacked) use the mechanics in exactly that way.

I agree there's a case for saying the mechanics are silly in allowing LL and then the auto surrender, but that is the fault of the mechanics. I don't see how you can say a KD is abusing those mechanics if they do exactly that.

If BB were to landdrop after Emeriti started attacked in order to get themselves out of range in order to benefit from the throttling, then I could see one might argue that is abuse. But they haven't done that.

I have to say, Chris121 has won the argument with a far cleaner, clearer and more insightful statement than I have made.

Two thumbs up sir!

Forum Addict
    You had, and still have, no intentions to fight us, and we're prepared to, imo, abuse the current mechanics in order to solidify a almost free (or possibly even up acres) cf, because that's how the game works.
    That appears to be much fairer toward the rest of the server than to agree to fight an unwinnable war just to secure your crown?
    Quote Originally Posted by :p
    The chance of needing 20 NBs to cure the plague is c. 1/470 trillion.
    Your logic is non existent, You should read more than one post.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    Which they have to give at some point before the end of the age unless they want to just sit there gaining 250 acres/day.

Gains that are easily entirely negated if Emeriti decided to spend its hit per day on razes.
    And then Ronin can win. But Emeriti can't. Emeriti has no winning play. BB can wait until it has complete top control and then and only then give button and massacre the crap out of the TM power emeriti to do it and probably remain unbreakable.

Also, if emeriti converts to razes, I think they don't get conversions on their undead right?
    So last age you called us waiting out from a weaker position a non winning play. But you doing the same thing gives you a shot right? K cool.

Also, Chris121, I never said if the actions you described transpired that it is abuse of the mechanic. What is abuse of the mechanics however is knowing that the aggressor kd has limited actions it can take and building your provs into a non competing prov (no one will convince me that 4-5 dspa core wide is a legitimate build) while conveniently keeping out of NW range while undertrained in order to extract further protection of mechanics. To me (which I stated long ago... It's my opinion), that's against the spirit of the rules and thus abuse.

But maybe the forums are the wrong place to have opinions. It comes across as whining sometimes

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    That appears to be much fairer toward the rest of the server than to agree to fight an unwinnable war just to secure your crown?
    I didn't say I wanted them to war us. But they shouldn't be acting like they were waiting for us to initiate a fight and they were ready to fight back.

The mechanics are crap and they are using them not to try to do a winning play for themselves, but make Emeriti lose. Whether they're successful is still to be determined

So last age you called us waiting out from a weaker position a non winning play. But you doing the same thing gives you a shot right? K cool.

Also, Chris121, I never said if the actions you described transpired that it is abuse of the mechanic. What is abuse of the mechanics however is knowing that the aggressor kd has limited actions it can take and building your provs into a non competing prov (no one will convince me that 4-5 dspa core wide is a legitimate build) while conveniently keeping out of NW range while undertrained in order to extract further protection of mechanics. To me (which I stated long ago... It's my opinion), that's against the spirit of the rules and thus abuse.

But maybe the forums are the wrong place to have opinions. It comes across as whining sometimes
    I don't think I was in bb that age.

Second, I don't think I was calling you out. I think I was giving a sideline tactical impression. Good try though.

Again you are wrong on our intent, but that is what myopia does I guess.

Post Fiend
    I don't think I was in bb that age.

Second, I don't think I was calling you out. I think I was giving a sideline tactical impression. Good try though.

Again you are wrong on our intent, but that is what myopia does I guess.
    Oh, so opinions are allowed to change on the matters because you do or don't play in a KD? Good to know. Also labeling it commentary or calling out, the effect is the same. You essentially said the only reason for Emeriti doing what they were doing was to block BB for Ronin, because Emeriti couldn't win. So if Emeriti couldn't win, then they must just be blocking because clearly why else would they stay in that conflict where the KD was bigger, power position, etc.

So first BB's intent is to not compete, not war. Then you come in here and say BB is competing, and would have warred (will still war?) (ha!). So which is it?

Enthusiast
    Is it target sharing if I call on the server to rob, op, and hit Emeriti without giving their location? Come on guys I bet they have GC and acres noone will retal you for, they're busy with BB. Together we can make a fair fight!

#razethetop
    #jkjustrazeemeriti

Thread Information