Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Emeriti vs BB?

Quote Originally Posted by Memster View Post
    Oh, so opinions are allowed to change on the matters because you do or don't play in a KD? Good to know. Also labeling it commentary or calling out, the effect is the same. You essentially said the only reason for Emeriti doing what they were doing was to block BB for Ronin, because Emeriti couldn't win. So if Emeriti couldn't win, then they must just be blocking because clearly why else would they stay in that conflict where the KD was bigger, power position, etc.

So first BB's intent is to not compete, not war. Then you come in here and say BB is competing, and would have warred (will still war?) (ha!). So which is it?
    What the hell are you talking about?

Do you honestly think I think about blocking? When I am not nvolved?

Jesus you have not played with me in a long freaking time man.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Forum Addict
    I didn't say I wanted them to war us. But they shouldn't be acting like they were waiting for us to initiate a fight and they were ready to fight back.
    What DID you want them to do anyway? And why?

Post Fiend
    You're right, I haven't played with you in a long time. And whether you're involved or not, you have your opinions and state them on the forum, just as I have. I can only take what you state on the forums as how you think in this game. You can only take what I state in the forums as how I think in the game.

If you want, I'd be happy to discuss further through some other medium (IRC, Slack, Discord, WhatsApp, etc.), but we probably aren't going to make headway on the forum

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    What DID you want them to do anyway? And why?
    They're free to do as they will, just as I'm free to comment how I feel on it. I don't expect a forum conversation to make any difference in how they feel, and they shouldn't expect a forum conversation to make me change how I feel.

Prolly not. I don't even know where is public chat anymore. Irc was so much better than whatever **** kids use now.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Prolly not. I don't even know where is public chat anymore. Irc was so much better than whatever **** kids use now.
    General chat on IRC is now #tactics on Utonet... but discord is free to use on browser (or PC App... or phone app). Also, it's seeming like Discord is going to take over IRC as the official outside communication tool of Utopia

Regular
    Proteus delete his own reply?

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewpac View Post
    Proteus delete his own reply?
    Yes.

Enthusiast
    On Proteus asking us to yield free acres and apologize, I can tell you that I'm enjoying seeing them sticking this up yours to make you pay for IRL harrassing my LS before. Yea, I think you know well what I'm talking about. Let me know if you're ready to apologize and we'll consider resetting relations then.
    The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must

Dementia - Old School - BeastBlood - BlameMod

Veteran

Also, Chris121, I never said if the actions you described transpired that it is abuse of the mechanic.
    Fair point, you didn't, I just assumed that was the concern.

What is abuse of the mechanics however is knowing that the aggressor kd has limited actions it can take and building your provs into a non competing prov (no one will convince me that 4-5 dspa core wide is a legitimate build) while conveniently keeping out of NW range while undertrained in order to extract further protection of mechanics. To me (which I stated long ago... It's my opinion), that's against the spirit of the rules and thus abuse.
    However I still don't understand how this is abuse. If they don't want to war you (or don't want to war you now), then it makes sense that they might prefer to be out of war range. Isn't that just using the mechanics to do what the mechanics do? Similarly if they want to build non-competing provs, I don't see how that abuses the rules (even if we might say it's lame or whatever).

I can see that the artificially low nw by being undertrained might be argued to be abuse of nw mechanics, but that isn't new - a variety of top KDs have been doing that for ages for other purposes (eg keeping prov nw low to get better gains on randoms).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    Fair point, you didn't, I just assumed that was the concern.

However I still don't understand how this is abuse. If they don't want to war you (or don't want to war you now), then it makes sense that they might prefer to be out of war range. Isn't that just using the mechanics to do what the mechanics do? Similarly if they want to build non-competing provs, I don't see how that abuses the rules (even if we might say it's lame or whatever).

I can see that the artificially low nw by being undertrained might be argued to be abuse of nw mechanics, but that isn't new - a variety of top KDs have been doing that for ages for other purposes (eg keeping prov nw low to get better gains on randoms).
    Except we are undertrained by top war standards because we did not have a week to stock gold and pump. We emerged from war into this. The reason we were undertrained is that we did not have time to do a proper soldier pump. So to say that was intentional is laughable. The distribution is the best we could do with the time we had.

Veteran
    My final paragraph wasn't intended as an accusation. Even if (hypothetically then) it was intentional, I think it's hard to describe 'managing' nw as abuse at this point because it is / has been so common and has effectively been normalised. As someone who doesn't play in the top but ends up interacting with them when my KD gets randomed, it is personally annoying and I'd like to change mechanics so it's not viable to stock tons of soldiers OOW, but even I wouldn't describe it as abuse of the mechanics - just more silly mechanics.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Sheister I think the question is could you enter a conflict and win it. If you can do that to someone, then you deserve to win it.

If you are going to hide behind something not working as intended and cf then you don’t really deserve anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by astron View Post
    On Proteus asking us to yield free acres and apologize, I can tell you that I'm enjoying seeing them sticking this up yours to make you pay for IRL harrassing my LS before. Yea, I think you know well what I'm talking about. Let me know if you're ready to apologize and we'll consider resetting relations then.
    The difference is we spend our time crowning and winning and have been more successful at it than any other kingdom in modern utopia. Whereas you spend your time trying to chart shape and block others. Something to think about it.

When the logs from diplo with you/flogger we’re pasted in LS channel asking to be gifted a free backdoor crown shot, I said “no” with a relish and that was that.

Where is the revenge that’s bappening here? I didn’t realize revenge was you being smaller/in a worse position all age and afraid to war. That’s good revenge, please keep it up every age. Though it happens naturally.

The other thing I find really funny / surprising / amazing is that you and Sheister actually think BB is entitled to crown this age. I still don’t understand why.
    Last edited by Proteus; 19-01-2018 at 11:20.

Drink your morning coffee before posting proteus. Then go find the post where I say BB is entitled to crown.
    Last edited by Sheister; 19-01-2018 at 12:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Drink your morning coffee before posting proteus. Then go find the post where I say BB is entitled to crown.
    Well, already from the start hes been able to deduct things that nobody said from your posts so it isnt surprise that he keeps on making up stuff.

Thread Information