There are literally no advantageous mechanics for larger KDs, they're all designed for the smaller KD.

There was no question of can we open on you. The mechanics literally make it non-worthwhile to do so.

Since this only my 2nd age back (and consequently in Emeriti), I can't speak to the mostly historical bad blood and tactics used in the past.

And you're seriously still calling it a winning play? What does it win? I agree we are the ones with something to lose. We made our decisions and we will live with them. But why do you insist on "winning" play here. Just call it what it is. BB wants to f*** Emeriti. (Note: I'm actually not saying this is a bad play on your end, just don't pretend you're doing anything other than it).

Also, there are plenty of cases throughout the history of the game where people "used" mechanics and it was deemed abuse. So don't go acting like everything is 100% ok just because it's coded in the game. Just because it doesn't result in action (aka punishment and/or deletion) still doesn't make it not abuse.