Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Emeriti vs BB?

#Crown for Binbin

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Now there is something I can work with. Providing a countdown timer before auto-cf can be pressed once the threshold is met is a good idea
    thank you. Also add to that that you can auto-CF BOTH WAYS and this stupid mechanic might actually kinda work. Navigating in this meta is a nightmare.

You still owe my kd 10k acres and a fresh ritual though
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Veteran
    Now there is something I can work with. Providing a countdown timer before auto-cf can be pressed once the threshold is met is a good idea
    Is it? Why? The whole point of auto CF was to allow a KD with 100 disparity to auto CF. If you make them wait an hour (or 10 minutes or even 1 minute) then you potentially expose them to hits taking the meter to 199 (ie start at 99, then do 25*4 hits). If you want to allow that many hits then just change the disparity to 199.. why add a timer?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    Is it? Why? The whole point of auto CF was to allow a KD with 100 disparity to auto CF. If you make them wait an hour (or 10 minutes or even 1 minute) then you potentially expose them to hits taking the meter to 199 (ie start at 99, then do 25*4 hits). If you want to allow that many hits then just change the disparity to 199.. why add a timer?
    The auto-CF is a terrible idea in the first place and has only led to weeklong one way hostiles. This timing thing would atleast give SOME perks back to the initiating kd
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Post Fiend
    There are so many potential fixes to this system, and guaranteed none of them happen.

Also how long do you "block" out the db entries because of button presses. It literally takes a second between me clicking a button, switching tabs, clicking a button.

If that is too fast for you, please get out of operating a real time game system.

Note: The reasoning is bs. Oops hasn't happened all age. Not on mass op runs. Not OOP. Never. I watched us get full on waved and opped in our OOP war by our opponent in a matter of 30 seconds. So don't go spewing "It's server side protection" bs. It either happens every time because that's how you have it coded (which means whoever implemented it, and still maintains without fixing it sucks at their job), or it's not coded that way and you are giving some bs reason as to why your server and system sucks.

Also as a note: WE LITERALLY HAD PEOPLE SPAM TARGETTING THE SAME TARGET AKA OUR RITUAL AND NO ONE OOPSED.

Like if you're going to be dishonest at least make it believable.

yeah, People setting alarms and showing up at 4 AM to do pro stuff and end up getting "oooopsed" and unable to get a single attack off because of something outside their controll is VERY demotivating (extra so for Memster who organized and planned this wave)
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

I so want mechanics reset back to like, age 65.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

aids food to Memster
    RUTHLESS // Randomers // BiO // Pulse // Pyro // BeastBlood // BlameMod

#Giraffes #PayKuhan

Playing Since Age 18
    Resident esports gob
    Ooooh I didn't even know I had crowns, are they edible?

Post Fiend
    Sheister yes. Mechanics are stupid. The game is screwed up.

Then we got a game admin tying to lie to us about how database stuff works. Like come on, we are all playing a text based game that's 20+ years old. Many of us are te Xh nerds and work in tech fields. You aren't pooling the wool over our eyes saying "There are DB limitations". GTFO here with that. There are real time systems capable of 250 scans per second and pumping databases with data. And "we have to stall database records so we don't lose them". Gg

Administrator
    We didn't build the system, we inherited it and we've put forth our best effort to utilize the system that in place to work as best as it can without a major overhaul of the entire system to work more efficiently. Please don't tell me that I'm lying about how the game works.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

I know it can be difficult but please try to stay on topic guys. It's for the good of the community.

Is there any material possibility of BB overtaking Emeriti or can I keep sleeping soundly?
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Postaholic
    To fix this mechanic I propose we introduce another mechanic.
    I call it

Shockwave Dragon

Upon arrival, immediately stuns the enemy kingdom for 1 day (1 hour), preventing all provinces from using stealth/mana and prevents the Monarch from performing any duties (declare/surrender/cf/etc).
    10% lower income. The loss of 20% of new draftees
    Limit to one per utopian month (24 hours).

Think of the possibilities!

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    To fix this mechanic I propose we introduce another mechanic.
    I call it

Shockwave Dragon

Upon arrival, immediately stuns the enemy kingdom for 1 day (1 hour), preventing all provinces from using stealth/mana and prevents the Monarch from performing any duties (declare/surrender/cf/etc).
    10% lower income. The loss of 20% of new draftees
    Limit to one per utopian month (24 hours).

Think of the possibilities!
    Maybe once per target kingdom per week, per day could make wars even more cumbersome.
    Allah speaks through me.

Whatever.

I am just so utterly sick of how bull**** strong RKDNW protection is for little ****ty kingdoms randoming into larger ones. The land gains combined with that seem to make it stupidly disproportionate gains and then we all have to read the little kingdoms whining about being bullied.

It is just, frankly, crap.

Make RKDNW slide in with the meter.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Postaholic
    It has nothing to do with the servers. We've explained this several times on the Forums, in personal chats and on Affairs of the State episodes. The server didn't stop for anyone, and it didn't stop for you. If you are attempting a large amount of DB calls on the same target(s) at the same time then you are going to get OOPS. Every time a write is made to a DB table that table is locked for a period of time (tiny amounts of time) however if you try to call that DB table while it is locked you will get OOPS. Unless you'd prefer to go back to the Mehul days where lots of people can write at the same time and actions aren't recorded correctly, this is the system that is in place. In order to keep accurate record of the transactions in the order they occur this is necessary.

Attacks can occur very quickly, there are ways around this but suggesting everyone attack at the exact same time and loading 4x tabs for every hit to make sure it goes through made things far worse[if I'm understanding what you said correctly]. By doing that you likely made it far worse.
    I read people saying that a database can handle multiple requests at the same time. Having learned more about this, this last semester, there are simple ways to code requests so oops doesnt happen, kinda similar to a queue. That would take some work tho, to clean up and sort out old code which can be a *****, especially in python (plus php, javascript, sql, etc).

I think a timer is a terrible idea and defeats the purpose of auto-cf.

Thread Information