Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Emeriti vs BB?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    I read people saying that a database can handle multiple requests at the same time. Having learned more about this, this last semester, there are simple ways to code requests so oops doesnt happen, kinda similar to a queue. That would take some work tho, to clean up and sort out old code which can be a *****, especially in python (plus php, javascript, sql, etc).

I think a timer is a terrible idea and defeats the purpose of auto-cf.
    You know how to fix a lot of the issues with auto-cf? Make ops move the meter! No more dragging hostiles... no more controlled throttling (this needs to just go).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Memster View Post
    You know how to fix a lot of the issues with auto-cf? Make ops move the meter! No more dragging hostiles... no more controlled throttling (this needs to just go).
    I think it screws things up for the rest of the server (non top KDs) though. Ops currently allow a small KD a way to defend from continued waves by a big KD.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    I think it screws things up for the rest of the server (non top KDs) though. Ops currently allow a small KD a way to defend from continued waves by a big KD.
    It's literally the same mechanic for the top kds and non top kds. Insta-cf was designed to make sure you don't get fed on for weeks at a time. 50 hits is a fair price for a cf. Don't like that, then hit and op and fight back. You can control this and still force a cf after 75 hits to your 25 hits (and your 25 hits can essentially erase gains from the 75).

Edit: 25 hits = 50 points. This would be ops and hits now...

Veteran
    50 hits is a fair price for a cf.
    I agree it's the same mechanic, but the way people play is different.

Outside of the top, I don't think most KDs think 50 hits is a fair price for a CF (particularly if the KD hitting you is way out of range). Ops are currently a way for a KD in that situation to try to make the bully KD go away before 50 hits.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    I agree it's the same mechanic, but the way people play is different.

Outside of the top, I don't think most KDs think 50 hits is a fair price for a CF (particularly if the KD hitting you is way out of range). Ops are currently a way for a KD in that situation to try to make the bully KD go away before 50 hits.
    Most people in the top will give a cf for less than 50 hits as well. 50 hits is a fair price when you throw in ops. I think even the rest of the server would tend to agree with that (but maybe I'd be surprised)

Veteran
    50 hits is a fair price when you throw in ops.
    I think this is top KD mentality though. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you are looking it as 'how many hits would the bigger KD need to make taking the ops worthwhile?'. Whereas in the rest of the server, the KD being hit is thinking 'this is really annoying we keep getting waved by KDs far bigger than us and it kills a ton of troops'. The fact that they can op in return is just a side note, and for the KDs that have a bit of an idea how to use the mechanics, a way to try to get the waves to stop.

Some anecdotal examples:

1. How many non-top KDs have you seen saying ops should move the meter?

2. http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...llies-and-scum : "only" 31 hits over 48 hours.

3. I played in an alright war KD for the last few ages, but not the kind of 'get everyone online for a wave' kind of KD. We waved KDs near out size (guessing 95%, certainly not under 90%). Often they didn't want to war, as is normal, and naturally they wanted us to stop waving immediately (even though obviously we had spent time planning, plus used stealth/mana on intel and ops etc). Usually they wouldn't get mega annoyed if we finish the first wave. That's probably about 15 attacks because the KD wasn't full and some T/Ms (and the set-up / skill level was such that most people would only be making 1 attack per unique at that point). If we continued into a 2nd wave, they would generally get very annoyed and think we were bullies (we didn't usually continue into a 2nd wave provided that they would agree a CF).

4. When my KD got waved by a much bigger KD that we obviously couldn't realistically war, people rapidly became frustrated even after 1 wave. Especially if we are being abducted which is killing elites and then starts a circle where randoms hit too. We would op back and generally get a CF fairly quickly. If we couldn't op back (or doing so would give them ops on us..!) and had to wait for 2-3 waves of hits, I think people would have been completely demotivated.

Needs to get out more
    Squeaky wheel flavored oil comment here.

Most of these mechanics don't get tested till someone buries the needle. We've had silly encounters all age. Who are those Bob Ross guys anyway? - I can understand the complaints from the nth degree, it's just that meandering around mechanics at the extreme isn't where most of us play.

So BB deferred. Emeriti is probably aiming for the next rebellion. Button up renegades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Squeaky wheel flavored oil comment here.

Most of these mechanics don't get tested till someone buries the needle. We've had silly encounters all age. Who are those Bob Ross guys anyway? - I can understand the complaints from the nth degree, it's just that meandering around mechanics at the extreme isn't where most of us play.

So BB deferred. Emeriti is probably aiming for the next rebellion. Button up renegades.
    I thought this was a Strategy RPG for hardcore players?
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    "Hardcore" i wanna be a dirty dirty casual and still call both kds nubs :P

Meh I was ready to be hardcore until week two. Then I stopped for the most part once emeriti had it sewn up.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Needs to get out more
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. My manifesto in RPG forum is my meditation. If I find 24 I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Came to read expecting tears kinda disappointed
    Original wearer of the Raikonhat

Post Fiend
    The auto-CF is a terrible idea in the first place and has only led to weeklong one way hostiles. This timing thing would atleast give SOME perks back to the initiating kd

I think u meant 3-week long

Quote Originally Posted by Raikon View Post
    Came to read expecting tears kinda disappointed
    In so many ways, this thread fails to deliver.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    In so many ways, this thread fails to deliver.
    How else would you like it to deliver? 2 KDs are EOA CF'd so not much else can happen

Thread Information