Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 200

Thread: Emeriti vs BB?

  1. #76
    I like to post Sheister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    in a ditch by the side of the road
    Posts
    4,370
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    That was when it was obvious. In week 2 is when it happened.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

    The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

  2. #77
    Whoo! Woo! 100 outburst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    100
    Update?

  3. #78
    I like to post Sheister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    in a ditch by the side of the road
    Posts
    4,370
    the update is:

    They say zzzzzzzzzzzz

    We say zzzzzzzzzzzzz- b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-


    The cat in the corner rolls over and briefly opens its eyes at you before curling up and going back into its sleepy curled up position.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

    The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

  4. #79
    Member Janaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Trondheim
    Posts
    20
    less zzzzzzz more PewPewpweh!

    but devs be like:



    :/

    This staredown is very boring indeed.
    PewPew!!

    Pewpewpeppwpewpeww!

  5. #80
    Sir Postalot
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Well in the old days when you’ve been in the #1 position for more than half the age and someone gets into your range you could wave and take a lot of acres, war, or cf with acres. Right now it’s possible to get a free 1 week cf and give up minimal land (or even gain land) or trap someone in a never ending hostile like 4:15 did to 7:6. Right now being bigger and stronger doesn’t mean much when the other kd would never war.

    That’s one thing I personally would like to see changed because you can work hard all age to achieve a top position then someone can get a lucky war and while you are stronger there is not a lot that you can do with autocf, throttling, etc.
    hence why y'all shoulda just agreed to war BB a week ago. Now you're leaving it to whether or not some other random kd farms past while ya got no GC. I see the rankings for the first time in a couple weeks. You and BB have the same setup, if you're as good as you think you are, you just win it outright no doubt a weeks ago, and let the BB folks know whose better without being an ass about it. Now you gotta make sure no one screws ya, as the top has tightened up quite a bit.

    If you really just suck and have no real confidence other than riding dorje and ASF's coattails, then you do what you've been doing the past few years. The second I or someone else with half a clue decides to play the game again, your run is over.

    The best part of that philosophy is when you're the best kingdom and you know you'll mostly always win anyways, you never make enemies. The entire history of proteus and dorje running kingdoms is people ending up hating them so much they **** them out of crown after crown. They never realized that if they actually were that good (and I believe both of them to be quite good), they just never had confidence to let it play out in a fight like y'all coulda agreed to this age.
    Last edited by flogger; 18-01-2018 at 06:45.

  6. #81
    I like to post Sheister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    in a ditch by the side of the road
    Posts
    4,370
    I know I am now waiting for Sparta to crown.

    It does feel like every age emeriti get to advantage position and then don't develop a plan to open. Their argument is it is more advantageous to make people take the crown from them. As a single conflict matter they are correct. However the waiting it involves allow these late age leapfrogs. If emeriti want the crown, the onus is as much on them as on us to take it. Otherwise they risk getting leap frogged at EoA.

    Imho
    Last edited by Sheister; 18-01-2018 at 12:52.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

    The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

  7. #82
    Forum Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    I know I am now waiting for Sparta to crown.

    It does feel like every age emeriti get to advantage position and then don't develop a plan to open. Their argument is it is more advantageous to make people take the crown from them. As a single conflict matter they are correct. However the waiting it involves allow these late age leapfrogs. If emeriti want the crown, the onus is as much on them as on us to take it. Otherwise they risk getting leap frogged at EoA.

    Imho
    Who are you kidding here man? Have you seen your own kds Intel, military mix, etc. You absolutely have zero intention to war if you get opened on but rather would abuse mechanics to stay out of war and look to outgain, get autocf, use explore pool. I canít believe you even made that statement. Also last age you won a big war that put you at #1 and didnít really push war to try and protect it and we ended up hitting anyways after a while.

  8. #83
    Forum Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,006
    @flogger

    You don’t just give kingdoms that lame played you out of stuff in the past free passes. BB exerted themselves for over a week to stay in an unwinnable war they were hemorrhaging acres/NW just to block us so Barcolo could farm their friends OOW and shape the charts. This was in spite of your and other LS promises that BB would WD as you conceded that you lost.

    Until BB gives us free acres to reset relations and apologizes for what they did we won’t ever be willing to do them a solid. If we lose it’s typically because someone wants to play lame and block, shape charts, etc not because we were beaten. So we could not crown and still do better than BB, I think it’s in their interest more so to reset relations so they can win some crowns too. The minute Bb gives free land as an apology is when relations get reset as they once were.

  9. #84
    I like to post Sheister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    in a ditch by the side of the road
    Posts
    4,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Who are you kidding here man? Have you seen your own kds Intel, military mix, etc. You absolutely have zero intention to war if you get opened on but rather would abuse mechanics to stay out of war and look to outgain, get autocf, use explore pool. I can’t believe you even made that statement. Also last age you won a big war that put you at #1 and didn’t really push war to try and protect it and we ended up hitting anyways after a while.
    Which had you not putzed around you all would have had time to work around.

    You all are rolling the dice that Sparta won't own you now.

    This is not on BB, this is all on emeriti who have been in the dirver's seat all age.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

    The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

  10. #85
    Dear Friend Korp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,537
    Just deleting posts is a horrible way of moderating. Especially when said moderator isnt consequent and just deletes random post that are off topic and not all off them.

  11. #86
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Which had you not putzed around you all would have had time to work around.

    You all are rolling the dice that Sparta won't own you now.

    This is not on BB, this is all on emeriti who have been in the dirver's seat all age.
    Last 3 ages have been decided by farming out.... may as well see if 4th in a row is too.

    The mechanics are what they are and that can't change. They're to heavily favored towards no action and dragging feet. Don't act like BB didn't prepare to do just that. The 30% GS, Resilient, 14+ epa, 4 dspa strategy is the evidence to that.

    You had, and still have, no intentions to fight us, and we're prepared to, imo, abuse the current mechanics in order to solidify a almost free (or possibly even up acres) cf, because that's how the game works.

    And yes, BB claimed abuse of mechanics when Emeriti did a similar (although we NEVER went into a fight completely unprepared to fight) situation last age where we secured a cf at a very low cost. However, admins saw that as "abuse" (I believe the called it incorrectly implemented mechanics) and supposedly fixed it this age (we all know it isn't actually fixed)

    But then again we know what happens when the larger, more prepared KD refuses to take action and what it costs them. The difference is we didn't hide behind crappy mechanics and we were never in a position where we couldn't really fight back.

  12. #87
    Postaholic
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Who are you kidding here man? Have you seen your own kds Intel, military mix, etc. You absolutely have zero intention to war if you get opened on but rather would abuse mechanics to stay out of war and look to outgain, get autocf, use explore pool. I canít believe you even made that statement. Also last age you won a big war that put you at #1 and didnít really push war to try and protect it and we ended up hitting anyways after a while.
    But warring is not the only way to win right? Both of our intention is to win. We selected a particular way and you did yours.

    If a 3rd party comes and explores up and wins then are you showing that this is cos of us?
    #Rage

    Best FAKE Kingdom in Utopia
    AWAR Specialists
    Fair Play Alliance Cornerstone

    ***** Most number of Awar Crowns - 5 *****

  13. #88
    Postaholic
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by Memster View Post
    Last 3 ages have been decided by farming out.... may as well see if 4th in a row is too.

    The mechanics are what they are and that can't change. They're to heavily favored towards no action and dragging feet. Don't act like BB didn't prepare to do just that. The 30% GS, Resilient, 14+ epa, 4 dspa strategy is the evidence to that.

    You had, and still have, no intentions to fight us, and we're prepared to, imo, abuse the current mechanics in order to solidify a almost free (or possibly even up acres) cf, because that's how the game works.

    And yes, BB claimed abuse of mechanics when Emeriti did a similar (although we NEVER went into a fight completely unprepared to fight) situation last age where we secured a cf at a very low cost. However, admins saw that as "abuse" (I believe the called it incorrectly implemented mechanics) and supposedly fixed it this age (we all know it isn't actually fixed)

    But then again we know what happens when the larger, more prepared KD refuses to take action and what it costs them. The difference is we didn't hide behind crappy mechanics and we were never in a position where we couldn't really fight back.
    The mechanics are same for everyone, no1, no10 or no100 kd. You just need to know how to deal with them or how to use them.
    #Rage

    Best FAKE Kingdom in Utopia
    AWAR Specialists
    Fair Play Alliance Cornerstone

    ***** Most number of Awar Crowns - 5 *****

  14. #89
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    The mechanics are same for everyone, no1, no10 or no100 kd. You just need to know how to deal with them or how to use them.
    I know exactly how to abuse them. Use them. Whatever you want to call it.

    Listen, I get it. There is bad blood between the 2 KDs. But you're kidding yourself by saying your intention is to win.

    Just come out and say "Our intention is to f*** Emeriti". It's not a secret. If you can't win, stop the other guy from winning.

  15. #90
    I like to post Sheister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    in a ditch by the side of the road
    Posts
    4,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Memster View Post
    Last 3 ages have been decided by farming out.... may as well see if 4th in a row is too.

    The mechanics are what they are and that can't change. They're to heavily favored towards no action and dragging feet. Don't act like BB didn't prepare to do just that. The 30% GS, Resilient, 14+ epa, 4 dspa strategy is the evidence to that.

    You had, and still have, no intentions to fight us, and we're prepared to, imo, abuse the current mechanics in order to solidify a almost free (or possibly even up acres) cf, because that's how the game works.

    And yes, BB claimed abuse of mechanics when Emeriti did a similar (although we NEVER went into a fight completely unprepared to fight) situation last age where we secured a cf at a very low cost. However, admins saw that as "abuse" (I believe the called it incorrectly implemented mechanics) and supposedly fixed it this age (we all know it isn't actually fixed)

    But then again we know what happens when the larger, more prepared KD refuses to take action and what it costs them. The difference is we didn't hide behind crappy mechanics and we were never in a position where we couldn't really fight back.
    Memster, you know I love you and all, but get real. Of course people use mechanics to their advantage. That is also what Emeriti has always done. Stop trying to make it into a question of virtue. Emeriti could have hit into us and used mechanics to their advantage to. Stop acting like Emeriti had nothing to gain by opening properly. On top of which, you have had what... 5 weeks uninterrupted pumping? And you can't open? GTFO with this bull**** Mem

    Quote Originally Posted by Memster View Post
    I know exactly how to abuse them. Use them. Whatever you want to call it.

    Listen, I get it. There is bad blood between the 2 KDs. But you're kidding yourself by saying your intention is to win.

    Just come out and say "Our intention is to f*** Emeriti". It's not a secret. If you can't win, stop the other guy from winning.
    Don't be a goose! We are pursuing the only winning play we can make. Emeriti did not take up that gambit, so the risk is that we both lose. Only one with something to lose by sitting around (potentially) is Emeriti, and only if Sparta does something about it.

    "We are 20% larger and have had 5 weeks of uninterrupted pumping but we can't open on a kingdom that only just emerged from war with less than half our gold stocks"

    That is your argument.

    Pathetic.
    Last edited by Sheister; 18-01-2018 at 21:31.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

    The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •