Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Option to cancel soldiers that are training!

Post Fiend

Option to cancel soldiers that are training!

Since we now have cancel build, why not extend this to soldiers too and have the ability to cancel soldiers that are training, especially if you accidentally train wrong ones, at cost or a penalty.

I was thinking you don't get credits back if you cancel, and maybe you only get ~50% gc back or something to prevent abuse.

This would be especially helpful during eowcf!

Thoughts?

Veteran
    Agree with ability to cancel.

Not sure about 50% refund. Do you get a refund if you cancel buildings in construction?

Post Fiend
    I don't know, I don't think you do, but I'm ok with no refund if that's what it takes to implement this.

I don't see any reason why this shouldn't become an option next age.

Jesus Christ.

Let's have an option to cancel attacks too while we're at it.

We should think how this will impact Nightmares, overpopulation etc ...

Post Fiend
    ok, allow this option just during eowcf then, sheesh, no need to blow a gasket Pillz it was just a suggestion and after all that is what this forum is for, right?
    Last edited by Wolfric; 13-01-2018 at 21:45.

Veteran
    It wouldn't impact overpop (aside from giving you the chance to avoid being overpop'd if you have somehow trained a ton of troops and then lost pop space). Troops in training are still pop.

I don't see an issue with NM. Either it could be coded so you can't release troops that have been NMd or just let those be released too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    It wouldn't impact overpop (aside from giving you the chance to avoid being overpop'd if you have somehow trained a ton of troops and then lost pop space). Troops in training are still pop.

I don't see an issue with NM. Either it could be coded so you can't release troops that have been NMd or just let those be released too.
    This post seems to operate under the assumption that you can cancel training at any time... And you just listed two excellent and overlapping examples of why that is a horrible and game breaking idea.

I at least got the impression (maybe wishfully) that This was to cancel troops you'd just trained. Which is still a bad idea.

But just wow at the people who want to do this after your province is hit or op'd. Use your brains.

I think its a good idea, I think it would mainly be used for eowcf same as building cancelation to allow better pump.

The NM + chain senario is ofcourse another use of stopping training to reduce overpop but personally I think NM + chain is abit too strong and can potentially block a province completely which I rather think is a game breaking mechanic. This would allow for a way out of that situation, it would still cost alot since you loose the NM:d troops so NM + chain is still a solid tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckis View Post
    I think its a good idea, I think it would mainly be used for eowcf same as building cancelation to allow better pump.

The NM + chain senario is ofcourse another use of stopping training to reduce overpop but personally I think NM + chain is abit too strong and can potentially block a province completely which I rather think is a game breaking mechanic. This would allow for a way out of that situation, it would still cost alot since you loose the NM:d troops so NM + chain is still a solid tactic.
    Wow. Being able to disable a province through massed, coordinated effort is game breaking?

#Utopiaoffline

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post

I at least got the impression (maybe wishfully) that This was to cancel troops you'd just trained.
    That along with making it available in EoW CF would be an easy compromise that deals with people who have just made a mistake in what to train and/or have trained stuff that is now pointless because the war ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    That along with making it available in EoW CF would be an easy compromise that deals with people who have just made a mistake in what to train and/or have trained stuff that is now pointless because the war ended.
    There is no need for such a compromise or feature though. Mistakes happen and it's a game. I disagree with the idea of removing human error from the equation.

And lol @ war training comment. **** happens. You can't expect a soft reset of your province just because you want to move things around for a better pump.

And that's what the idea behind this being available for eowcf is. A soft reset, especially combined with building cancelation (which never should have been introduced).

Veteran
    You wouldn't be removing human error as there is still a cost. You would be limiting the effect of human error.

I take your point that you are against that too. Given that we have the ability to cancel build, I think this makes sense.

Post Fiend
    All I was thinking was, you're in war and you train say 1000 troops and then bam, other kd finally wd's and you're stuck with a bucket load of soldiers in training you could use as peasants, so a cancel train option would be ideal.

Post Fiend
    I don't think this is a good idea. I agree with Pillz.

Thread Information