Thread: CF Pop boost

CF Pop boost

Instant population growth of 20% of your max pop if you are under 50% of your max pop
    What if this calculated on the next tick after WD, as opposed to immediately upon WD? People would have a chance to build in a lot of cases and take advantage of this mechanic.

Alternatively what if the boost were prorated; anyone <=50% gets the full 20% boost, but someone at 75% gets a 10% boost, someone at 87.5% would get 5%, etc...

Veteran
    1. I think it should be pro rated. 50% cut off doesn't make sense to me. I have manipulated that before if I'm just over 50% to ensure I get under.

We don't necessarily have to boost people at 87.5%, but if someone at 50 goes to 70, then someone at 55% should go to 70 too, etc so that there isn't an incentive for someone to want to lose pop before a war ends.

2. I also think it should be based on max pop as if all land is built (with an in built protection so people can't go overpop'd on their actual current max pop). We're trying to help people recover. The ones who have, say, 0 land built, are in most need of that help.

If that can't be done then your idea of calc on next tick improves the current position but favours active people (not sure if that is ideal with what is potentially a big bonus).

These suggestions amount to whining about fairness of a bonus that helps their own kingdom...

If you won a war there's no reason you cant reach max pop from 51%, with the lack of Fort and gains throttling OOW I also question the need for everyone be ideally and perfectly pumped (further reducing the importance of this suggestion imo).

Game should be deemphasizing the idea of being pumped at all times, or that it can be done without cost to yourself (ie: your whole kd being max pop 2h after you win a war, as this thread is about).

Why is the bonus even there then I would have to ask? I can live without it entirely tbh

Also, the loser of a War would also benefit from these changes wouldn't they? I don't see how WW comes into play really
    Last edited by RattleHead; 14-01-2018 at 18:41.

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    Why is the bonus even there then I would have to ask? I can live without it entirely tbh

Also, the loser of a War would also benefit from these changes wouldn't they? I don't see how WW comes into play really
    Youre right, pop bonus is for both kds. My mistake.

And why not keep the bonus? Some folks finish war well and truly below 50%. That's what it is there for. Not so you can whine that someone went from 49 to 69%, but to assist the dude on 14% of max pop.

Instead of trying to help damaged provinces, which the mechanic does and is intended to do, this suggestion just aims to get freebies for no logical reason and

1) ignores the mechanics purpose
    2) doesn't take into account trends away from constantly 100% pumped gameplay (no fort and ability for extended hostilities etc)
    3) seems to assume that the game should just give you a ready to go province

I see your points. For me the crux of my suggestion was moving the calc to end of tick, making it essentially a one-tick(or maybe several, perhaps BR boost is better than just flopping 20% peons into a prov?) BR bonus i guess rather than an instant surge immediately upon WD

The prorated bit I am just spit-balling, it would make more sense indeed if it went the other way for example; those with 30% and below get the full 20% boost, and it gets less and less until at 50% you get nothing.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 14-01-2018 at 19:05.

Veteran
    The current mechanism doesn't help damaged provs in a very balanced way, though.

So the guy you mentioned on 14% goes to 34%, the guy on 49% goes to 69% and the guy on 51% stays on 51%. Yes, it helps two people who are in low on pop. But the one most in need is still most in need, and the middle one is now doing far better than one who was pretty much the same as him in the first place.

A pro rata bonus would be more equitable. It doesn't have to go as far as RattleHead suggested (ie no need to boost someone on 87.5%), but a pro rata mechanism would help the provs most in need.

Edit: I typed before RattleHead's post above. The mechanism RattleHead referred to there would be the kind of equitable thing I had in mind (either stopping at 50% or somewhere between 50 and 70% - 70% being ~the max of what you can get post bonus now).
    Last edited by Chris121; 14-01-2018 at 19:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    The current mechanism doesn't help damaged provs in a very balanced way, though.

So the guy you mentioned on 14% goes to 34%, the guy on 49% goes to 69% and the guy on 51% stays on 51%. Yes, it helps two people who are in low on pop. But the one most in need is still most in need, and the middle one is now doing far better than one who was pretty much the same as him in the first place.

A pro rata bonus would be more equitable. It doesn't have to go as far as RattleHead suggested (ie no need to boost someone on 87.5%), but a pro rata mechanism would help the provs most in need.
    Youre conflating 'help' with... Just fix entirely, I believe.

Is it a ***** to recover from sub 20% max pop and train.. Sure. But that's part of the game. Province management and dealing with circumstances like growing to double or more your size in war.

While I can support a reversed pro rate as he just suggested in his last post, I maintain the current system is fine.

And definitely do not believe it should be extended to cover provinces with over 50% pop. There is no need. Zero. You don't need the pop.

Veteran
    The current system helps people go from 49% to 69% who "don't need the pop".

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    The current system helps people go from 49% to 69% who "don't need the pop".
    I didn't say it was perfect. But I'm not going to protest it either. I will however oppose suggestions that go even further in that direction...

Veteran
    Cool, I can agree with ensuring that any amended system doesn't result in any prov ending up better off than a prov could end up in the current system.

I would just like to find something that is fairer and less easy to manipulate.

Thread Information