Thread: Monarch/Steward Bonuses

Monarch/Steward Bonuses

Bring back monarch bonus and put steward bonus aswell. In that way more will try to lead the kd hoping more kingdoms will be in place.

Discuss!

Post Fiend
    I think part of the issue with Mon bonuses was that you'd have a fake monarch that was the biggest province. Just elect whoever was the biggest attacker in a war and that have a chance to be UB much easier. I might be wrong on that though.

Yes, I think it was something about it being exploitable by moving the bonuses around... I suppose you could give some sort 'reward' for stability and have whatever the bonus is slide in over 24-48h, something like that.

I am not entirely sure it would have the desired effect, either. Just because more people are bickering over the position doesn't mean more people will be good at it!

Post Fiend
    I'm going to go with a no. By giving the monarch bonuses, you will only attract more people who want to lead just so they can have an advantage. As it stands, we mostly just have to deal with either people that want to lead because they feel they are the best, or no one wants to, and people that want to lead because they like the power. Leave the bonuses out.

And I say that as a monarch.

Post Fiend
    The most maybe would be that the Steward and Monarch get a slightly increased Honor reward when winning a war. Less exploitable because you mostly dont know when a WD will happen. By slight increase i mean at most 10%. At most. Which is an additional 0.8% honor (Mon+Stew) for the Kingdom -> for those worrying about it being a super exploit toward the Honor crown.

Veteran
    I'd go no on this too, at least for the previous bonuses. It's a good aim but I don't think it will work. Someone who wants monarchy for the bonuses probably isn't a good monarch. It would be far better for them not to want it and for that KD to end up with the reluctant other person who didn't really want it but will do it if noone else will.

In theory I'd say yes to the small war win bonuses as it hopefully means the leadership in the KD has to actually do a good job (generally). However, in practice, I'd give monarchy and steward then to people I want to build up honour on. Even if you say it has to be stable, I'd just let them keep the in game titles the whole time if necessary to get the bonuses where I wanted them. Maybe that isn't a problem though as in a less organised KD it could still have the desired effect.

Thread Information