Thread: Munk suggestion: Remove .plunders command

Postaholic

Munk suggestion: Remove .plunders command

I feel this command is pretty detrimental to the game in general. It rewards lazy players and makes coming out of pwcf feel like slitting your wrists and jumping into a pool of sharks.
    You can't even exit pwcf early to avoid it since it tracks kds that exit war, there will be kds able to immediately respond and take any gold stocks you had saved up.

I don't mind getting robbed blind immediately by someone that was smart enough to manually track when the kd got out of war (or got lucky). But knowing that people can just type .plunders and rob my kd blind instantly is pretty much #1 bull****.

Province activity tracker was removed from munk for a similar reason, so I think it should extend to this command. It made some sense when stances existed I suppose, but now that it's just war or normal, we don't need a stance tracking feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    I feel this command is pretty detrimental to the game in general. It rewards lazy players and makes coming out of pwcf feel like slitting your wrists and jumping into a pool of sharks.
    You can't even exit pwcf early to avoid it since it tracks kds that exit war, there will be kds able to immediately respond and take any gold stocks you had saved up.

I don't mind getting robbed blind immediately by someone that was smart enough to manually track when the kd got out of war (or got lucky). But knowing that people can just type .plunders and rob my kd blind instantly is pretty much #1 bull****.

Province activity tracker was removed from munk for a similar reason, so I think it should extend to this command. It made some sense when stances existed I suppose, but now that it's just war or normal, we don't need a stance tracking feature.
    I do miss manual target searching... And server is small enough now.

Post Fiend
    Agreed.

Veteran
    I think on balance I am agreed with the thrust of your suggestion.

However, does the data dump that is available to third party tools including war status? If so, then other tools would still be able to track when war ends in which case to make this viable I think the data dump would need to be adjusted more generally.

It wouldn't make sense IMO for munk to be forced to have less functions than other third party tools.

I see no reason to remove this from 3rd party tools since it's in the data dump...and to remove it from the data dump would make it impossible to filter out kingdom's at war when doing a target search.

Post Fiend
    can't remove strict data analysis from a bot. I mean you could, but there would just an alternate tool that would do the work. sure, 15 years ago, you had to keep your eyes peeled. we aren't using rocks to hammer though anymore.

(am i crazy or is his use of pwcf unique? its eoowcf, right? kinda like pwcf, just never saw it. eow, oow, cf, = eoowcf, lol)

Thread Information