Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RIP Utonet

The misconception seems to be that you guys don't think I don't use Discord. Which I do but as long as I can use IRC I shall always pick that option.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    The misconception seems to be that you guys don't think I don't use Discord. Which I do but as long as I can use IRC I shall always pick that option.
    When was the last time you talked to someone on IRC. Its you and your rock lol
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Just now with munk.

Postaholic
    Are you using the standalone client or the browser version? The client has had absolutely zero issues for me.

Find an irc plugin and tell davidc to attach it, I'm sure a premade relay bot exists.

Interesting comment about me not trying to be part of the community, never had someone accuse me of that before. Just because I've never talked to you before doesn't mean I'm not socializing with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    Are you using the standalone client or the browser version? The client has had absolutely zero issues for me.

Find an irc plugin and tell davidc to attach it, I'm sure a premade relay bot exists.

Interesting comment about me not trying to be part of the community, never had someone accuse me of that before. Just because I've never talked to you before doesn't mean I'm not socializing with others.
    Are you being dense on purpose or is your english this bad or whats is the comprehension problem?

It was a question not a statement, since I havent seen you being part of the "community" I had to ask if you tried being part of the community. So nobody has accused you of anything still. But you come with stupid things like "There hasnt been a community feeling since 2008" while for example I started idling in #tactics in 2013 and there was tons of community feel around then and before that even. Makes me thing you actually dont have a clue.

Postaholic
    I don't know why you're being so hostile. Irc and community are not the same thing. I've built kingdoms, I've trained players, I've answered countless questions in strategy /discord /etc, I've had decade long friendships, I took over and redesigned the utopia subreddit for fun, I've written several war articles, etc. So to answer your question, which was framed as anything but, yes, I have been a part of this community. It's just not been in the irc ghost town since it became obsolete a near a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    I don't know why you're being so hostile. Irc and community are not the same thing. I've built kingdoms, I've trained players, I've answered countless questions in strategy /discord /etc, I've had decade long friendships, I took over and redesigned the utopia subreddit for fun, I've written several war articles, etc. So to answer your question, which was framed as anything but, yes, I have been a part of this community. It's just not been in the irc ghost town since it became obsolete a near a decade ago.
    So IRC and Community isnt the same thing but Discord and community apparently is the long lost answer to the Community thats been lacking since 2008. :) Isnt it strange though, you claim there hasnt been a community feeling since 2008 yet you are here proclaiming that you been part of the community and provided to the community?

Also irc was fairly active until like 2015 ish. When people started to use Slack more and more. After all IRC was the only chat program utilized by good kingdoms until Slack.

But its obvious you dont wanna learn nor do you care about it. Just let people who prefer irc over some bloated software like Discord use it, no need to be so angry about it.

Postaholic
    Read the first comment I made in this thread. Community = people. The chat client doesn't matter, but irc is a pain for non tech savvy people to get onto and has no offline logs, so unless you idle you miss everything. Discord is essentially a user friendly irc. There's a reason irc stopped being used, and it's because there's better alternatives.

The 2008 comment was me taking the current year and subtracting a decade slightly for dramatic effect to emphasize that since the irc community started dying the game felt like it was dying. Discord is a breath of fresh air that brings me back to when irc was jam packed.

And since this is probably one of the first times we've talked you don't know me that well, but I'm pretty damn near impossible to make genuinely angry.

I just don't want people to be left behind (not talking to you specifically) as the game moves away from irc because of some loyalty to the way things were.

But as I said earlier, I'm sure irc relay bots exist and davidc would throw one in it the demand was there.

You mean the first post where you aggresively proclaimed what everyone thought about a certain subject? :)

So you make up **** to make it sound more dramatic why not stand to actual facts? Cause you dont have a clue I realize that.

But apparently you are very aggressive towards people that dont share your opinions since you made several attacks and snarky comments so far cause people dont like Discord as much as you do.

People chose to use irc cause they prefer irc over Discord its a matter of taste in chat program. Ive said it several times already but irc is clean and nice compared to Discord which is what makes me like it more. You cant scale down Discord. I doubt people are left behind, there is been talk about Discord on irc, ingame, in the forums.

Also there is technical stuff with Discord that i dont think is suited well for Utopia related things like kingdom channels etc. So much clutter it would end up with.

Postaholic
    What comments have I made that are aggressive?

Postaholic
    Anyway, this is getting stupid. I don't care what platform people use, I just think discord is objectively better, and the people that have flocked to it attests to that.

I gotta get back to work, ttyl korp

The only good thing with Discord and Slack is that there is a great phone app.

Discord having issues right now for example :p utonet staying strong!

Postaholic
    dunno where you live korp, must be out in the bush, discord is running perfectly and has soon so the last month i been using it, i been disconnected from mirc more then 3 times in that time, anyways its great to see the life and way of talking to people again, it feels alot like the old Mirc, also nice to walk into kingdoms public chan and being able to chat with the given kingdom, i used Icq first then later Mirc i gusse around year 2000, and discord is not only a way better program its also alot more modden, and there is no danm blot problems with it, not on program or app on phone, onlything to get use to is the danm emojies but so is it everywhere, as swagger said its your own danm losse, lotsa nice inacting going on there both rl and utopia.

Thumps up for utopia and discord, its defently a step towards saving the dieing game.

Looking forward to my kingdom moving from slack to discord at some point as there is no need for slack anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Discord having issues right now for example :p utonet staying strong!
    I had hopes for you...they werent high...but I still had them :-\
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Thread Information