Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Utonet

Quote Originally Posted by Nim View Post
    Ah, but I want to use Discord servers through my IRC software (like I do for Slack too). :)
    If they add that I might even check out the discord uto server but without it no way no how., not if it means I'm all alone and have to say good bye to uto.
    #magi

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    If they add that I might even check out the discord uto server but without it no way no how., not if it means I'm all alone and have to say good bye to uto.
    The years rolled slowly past, and I found myself alone....

The community is so entrenched in mechanization there are essentially no kingdoms that play "as is": it's this lack of variety that I find concerning.

I've got no motive to hit down so that takes top kingdoms off my list. Other than that I'm unaware of situations that these tools truly push a kingdom into rare air. Now plenty of competitive war kingdoms might think these tools are essential, but they'd be just as good and perhaps better IMHO without. Because instincts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Postaholic
    I find it a bit odd that people attach sentimental value to a chat program. It's the people that made irc interesting, not the program...and those people are now on discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    I find it a bit odd that people attach sentimental value to a chat program. It's the people that made irc interesting, not the program...and those people are now on discord.
    It's more than that though. Discord so bloat

Director of Age Changes
    Does it have a 'compact mode' like slack? I've only been occasionally using the webapp.

So I guess I'm not one of the interesting people so loosing me is no loss and win win for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    It's more than that though. Discord so bloat
    Discord is junk bloated I agree. There is 100% no reason that IRC lovers and non IRC lovers can't both be catered too.
    #magi

Postaholic
    What do you mean by "bloat"? The program is quite light. If you're referring to the assault of channels, you can mute and collapse any you're not interested in

What do you mean by "bloat"? The program is quite light. If you're referring to the assault of channels, you can mute and collapse any you're not interested in
    I've had issues with it., its bloat. Where chatting was difficult when the internet connection was poor. I've had issues with their app in the past as well -- the app would segfault. I tried discord out before there was a uto discord.. Its certainly bloated compared to my weechat experience, and also a lot more unstable.
    #magi

No mirc is light, Discord is just horrible in comparison and probably the biggest kink i have with Discord is that you cant disable emotes.

Korp just come over to discord....Utonet is dead..And bring Steel with you!
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Postaholic
    Unless you haven't updated your computer since 2004 discord shouldn't be a problem for any computer.

Unless you haven't updated your computer since 2004 discord shouldn't be a problem for any computer.
    Sounds like you havent used Discord that much.

Postaholic
    Custom built a pc last year so wouldn't notice any hangups. I just use a Note 4 though any haven't had any issues with the app. Comparing irc to discord directly isn't really a fair comparison since technology has improved relatively.

Irc can't save offline discussions and is a walking security flaw, for those reasons alone im glad something better is being used. You're missing out on the first sense of community there's been in this game since 2008. Sucks that your nostalgia goggles are preventing you from participating.

Seems hard for you to understand that not everyone shares your taste in things.

I dont use Discord unless I have to cause its bloated, i want my stuff clean. Also the time ive used Discord its been completly down several times, its been lagging other times really bad (even with my custom built pc) irc havent lagged at all for me and Utonet been down once in several years what i can remember.

Also talking about community feeling lol, how much have you tried to be part of the community to begin with? Unless you are one of those tossers that use different nicks I havent seen you participate on irc ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Sounds like you havent used Discord that much.
    they do make an app for your phone. I know youre not THAT old...
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Thread Information