Thread: Limit CF's

Post Fiend

Limit CF's

Please Get this crap out of here...
    Top KD's are all but CF'ed with eachother...

I just saw the "Tag Up" Thread in Utopia Talk...
    The first comment was "I have CF's with all of them."

I was thinking that each KD can only have 2 CF's active...
    1 FROM them and 1 FROM an outside KD.

Or

How about CF's are in relation to actual relations...
    You can only propose a CF with someone with a "hostile" relations going in either direction and it expires when relation are normal again.

Post Fiend
    this doesn't stop any of the organized kingdoms from collusion. can we somehow put a stop to dumb people posting horrible suggestions?

There was a suggestion about CFs not long ago, but I couldn't find it.

I was thinking all NAPs could be EoA permanent, and you could come up with some kind of rating system... You could have as many CFs as you wanted/needed, but the # CFs you have entered into while under one-way Hostile are considered 'junk' CFs, if a KDs % of 'junk' CFs gets over X%, CFs with that KD become breakable by any KD who has a CF with them.

This rating could be displayed on the KD page similar to Avg Relative Opponent Size, this way other KDs would be able to see if they could potentially break their CF with someone, as well it will give you an indication of how that KD plays.

If you had a friendly KD you wanted to NAP, that is fine, but now you can't war them unless you or them are able to push your junk rating up high enough for one or the other to cancel.

KDs who continually attack down and try to force CFs will eventually run into problems where there is a backlog of KDs who want to cancel CFs, and get after them for this.

Veteran
    Re OP idea: doesn't solve anything - top Kds could still CF without a game mechanic, and it impacts the rest of the server (I can only offer 1 CF? Why bother having any CF then?)

Rattlehead: Sounds interesting but I couldn't follow the 2nd paragraph and am not really sure what the suggestion means. Sorry

CFs are permanent.
    CFs can only be broken if one of the KDs involved ends up with a rating of 50% (or whatever number) junk CFs, and then it is first-come, first-serve for breaking CFs until the junk% drops below the threshold.
    You can have as many CFs as you want, as now.

So, if you generally negotiate NAPs in advance with friend KDs, set them up after Wars, or agree to terms with KDs on equal relations footing... Your CFs will be good and safe all Age. If you tend to beat down smaller KDs, or wave into other KDs relations, and try to force CFs without them retaliating at all... your CFs will be junk, and people will be able to break them on you whenever they like.

Veteran
    Ah, got it. Sorry the bit I didn't get was how it becomes junk. But I see now - what you mean is if you CF a KD that you are one way hostile with, that counts as "junk". So I suppose elaborating on that, we mean if there is a certain amount of meter disparity when you CF, then it is junk.

In your suggestion is it only the KD with the lower meter when they enter the CF that can break the junk CF? Otherwise wouldn't it means KDs can beat down tons of other KDs and then unilaterally break the CFs because so many are junk?

If I have understood it right, I think to make it work some changes are needed. Otherwise, if you really want to break a CF, you would need to first hit down on a few KDs to generate some more junk CFs so that you can then break the CF you want to break

the idea would be that the KD with junk rating would not be able to break CFs, unless it had CF with another KD with junk rating, in which case it could break those. Your junk rating only effects other KDs ability to break CFs with you.

The idea would be that yes, breaking a CF would be very hard. So you could make less, and they would be more meaningful... or continue to make a bunch of junk CFs and see what happens when people you tick off don't have to give you 48h notice for fear of utopia police coming otherwise.

this is certainly not perfect system, but some way to recognize that not all CF are equal out there, would be nice.

edit: yes meter disparity vs just relations makes perfect sense of course

Veteran
    I think it's a very interesting idea

edit - jus to clarify this was to RattleHead's idea, not op
    Last edited by Chris121; 22-01-2018 at 10:19.

I guess you could add some sort of provision that war proposals could be sent through CF, if you wanted to war a friendly KD whom you had already entered into a NAP with. NAP could go back up immediately after EoWCFs in this case...

Forum Fanatic
    Hate to break it to the newer people but we had Naps and other do not hit orders in place long before the game actually put this in place.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

limiting CF will hurt unorganized kingdoms, wont do anything to hurt the "top". This topic has bean beat to death imo.
    #magi

Thread Information