Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Utopian bullies and scum

If I do the math on this, you wave us 37 hours after I tell you we plan to start war in 36 hours....

Last edited by Naimadally; 24-01-2018 at 17:34. Reason: mis quote

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naimadally View Post
    If I do the math on this, you wave us 37 hours after I tell you we plan to start war in 36 hours....
    Not sure what kind of math you are doing.

March 1 yr10 - Steward declines war
    March 12 yr10 - monarch accepts war
    March 12 yr10 - i mentioned steward declined war and ask for clarification
    March 15 yr10 - monarch confirms you guys bailed on previous war and want to war us. Proposes start date of may 4 then disappears
    March 21/22 yr 10 - I ask for 2 different start date options
    April 10 yr 10 - Monarch changes mind because our "TPA is too good" 6hrs after his proposed start date.
    May 4 yr10 - 4:18 starts to ET and theif op
    May 6 yr10 - We wave

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Almost never listen to anyone tell you to learn to diplo: that's incorrect language.

I'm not saying Pestilence logic isn't colloquial or even Utopian, but it's not the way things have to be. For instance I have zero desire to war a reluctant kingdom. Now I don't have an impatient kingdom to deal with but I'd like to see us grow above it. The question is, would such a kingdom be falling over itself to wave Divinity or Freeakstyle? Would it?

No reason to pick on Pestilence since he represents a common posture to a smaller kingdom. They act as if the game isn't filled with targets other than the reluctant one. You pumped: It's not the end of the world. Hit a kingdom you aspire to defeat not one you know you can. Trying to teach lessons in violence isn't good for player base morale.

We're all suppose to be tough but I can tell you that very few times I've offered to retaliate for a t/m they've taken me up on it. Fact is when I've run t/m I retaliate myself if I can break. You know why? Because it is the injection the game needs.

Go up, at least sideways, not down. Instead of going negative, try to guide a kingdom that clearly wasn't in your league.
    When you mention diplo, and the kingdom sent you a blank CF; well that's how we do it down here. You should respect that, or aspire to respect the casual core of this game.

Yeah, I'm still going. Because this crap where a casual kingdom exchanges hits only to learn they're outclassed is going to happen like a bar fight. You walk away, particularly if you're mastered. To then call it a lesson is pure bullying, and you don't want to be that. I compell real competitive war kingdoms to face each other. It's late age so go find Valhalla.

I've read this a few times and like it the more I read it. We have a lot original KD members that feel like this, and it guides how we interact with folks. However, they may lack your elocution.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Not sure what kind of math you are doing.

March 1 yr10 - Steward declines war
    March 12 yr10 - monarch accepts war
    March 12 yr10 - i mentioned steward declined war and ask for clarification
    March 15 yr10 - monarch confirms you guys bailed on previous war and want to war us. Proposes start date of may 4 then disappears
    March 21/22 yr 10 - I ask for 2 different start date options
    April 10 yr 10 - Monarch changes mind because our "TPA is too good" 6hrs after his proposed start date.
    May 4 yr10 - 4:18 starts to ET and theif op
    May 6 yr10 - We wave

So we agree the monarch declined war, less than a day alter you wave and don't accept cf for 48 hours and we miss an agreed war with another kd.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naimadally View Post
    So we agree the monarch declined war, less than a day alter you wave and don't accept cf for 48 hours and we miss an agreed war with another kd.
    Monarch declined war after agreeing to it and making us prepare and convert. He was obviously trying to play a bunch of KDs to get a better war deal and it backfired. There is no obligation to agree to any wars and KDs are free to wave. We had no intention of hitting you on the initial decline as you stated you had a war agreed. It was after the monarch bailed on that war, wasted our time and resources and then bailed on our war that we decided to wave. This isn't car shopping where you can play dealerships against each other. It's a strategy game, and your monarch's strategy was poor.

Thread Information