Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Utopian bullies and scum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Utopian bullies and scum

So my kingdom, 4:18, has been being waved by 7:16 for 48 hours now. We had attempted to come to terms for a war, but they could not compromise on anything, 25 prov kd in top 25 honor rank and would only allow war terms that gave them the higher ground in every aspect. They then began to wave us and have not stopped. This does not include the plunders and abducts they are also doing, but this sure is a wonderful way to end the age don't you think? Really makes me wonder why I'm playing this game when actions like this can go on so long with nothing to stop it. Currently they are 14.5mil NW and 55k acres. We are 12.5mil NW and 46k acres. They have ignored CF requests, and are ignoring all in-game mail. What are we supposed to do?

** The kingdom of 7:16 **
    Total land exchanged: +3,938 (31/10)
    +3,840 An unknown province (21/0)
    +727 Peanut Butter Jelly Time (4/2)
    - HeartBeatPigMeat (1/0)
    -30 Fish Taco (2/3)
    -267 Gozer (3/4)
    -332 Double cheese (0/1)

Oh my goodness, they finally accepted CF. Though they did make sure to refresh MeS on us before accepting it. How is the community supposed to every grow again if we continue to allow actions like these? There needs to be something in the game mechanics that stop a kd from being able to do this if we cant count on people to be decent human beings. Removing stances has opened the door for this crap.
    Last edited by shyguy99; 21-01-2018 at 20:01.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguy99 View Post
    Oh my goodness, they finally accepted CF. Though they did make sure to refresh MeS on us before accepting it. How is the community supposed to every grow again if we continue to allow actions like these? There needs to be something in the game mechanics that stop a kd from being able to do this if we cant count on people to be decent human beings. Removing stances has opened the door for this crap.
    Tl;dr

"I can't play"
    "game 2hrd"
    "please show me how to delete my province"

10/10 would cringe again

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by shyguy99 View Post
    Don't let people get you down. Readjust your kingdom focus to better contain powerful enemies next age. Implement builds that cause telling effect on any size province. Stick together and look at your enemies in totality.

The manner you engage incorrigible enemies is to focus on crippling certain sections of their kingdom. They will develop martyrs or crybabies, but this isn't your focus. Take it to war if necessary and finish the crippled. Utopia is driven by a food chain. Your mission is to make your enemies food. If not for you you can make them food for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Wars don't have terms. Declare and win or declare and lose, those are the only terms.

Post Demon
    Almost sounded like you could surrender, then I saw the stats, 31 hits for 48 hours is hardly that bad, likely they decided to hit a bit more since you retaliated and maybe because it is near the end of the age. 31 hits on 23 provinces is not even one a day on each province, I've had to deal with more savagely randoms like the first 5 weeks of the game.

Veteran
    What war terms did you ask for?

You could have retalled with ops. Landlust? Maybe you did.

Why did you give them ops if you were only going to make 10 attacks? Wouldn't it have been better to either not give them ops or make more attacks?

Needs to get out more
    This could be a good situation to offer mentorship.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Now is your chance to strike...they got 2 in vacation so drop cf and wave back. Go to war. Dont stand for the crap wanna be 25s think they can get away with! Plus they are land fat now. You hold the cards.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Now is your chance to strike...they got 2 in vacation so drop cf and wave back. Go to war. Dont stand for the crap wanna be 25s think they can get away with! Plus they are land fat now. You hold the cards.

The Terms don't allow for dropping the CF. Newbs returned fire without realising the significance of ops.

7:16 were demanding a start time of the 6th and no pre-ops (Because they are all rogues and did not want us to do expose thieves before relations to ruin their plan, obvi).

It was agreed to disagree as we had another option available, and so they did expose Thieves on our TMs and waved(on the 6th). Hopefully the new players learned from the error of giving ops.

Sadly, one of our better attackers was frustrated that we allowed a war opportunity to pass, and has quit the game.

After 3 days of one sided ops, we would have been in a good spot to war. That opportunity wasn't there. I guess the next question is, should we have gone to war(War loss is better than a player loss). Hindsight being 20/20...
    Last edited by Naimadally; 22-01-2018 at 00:29.

Terms? They were bullies. Its EOA... make a statement. The ****play wont be stood for!
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Enthusiast
    Learn to diplo. You guys declined war, then accepted and changed name to "war agreed" then disappeared for 18hrs, then declined. We had already switched builds waiting for you to confirm a war time. If you don't like terms you can propose an alternative, you don't ignore a KD for 18hrs. Not once did you mention you had an issue with any terms. We would have been fine with immediate ops if you wanted, but figured no ops was better for your KD.

We had 2 in VM for a long time and another one who disappeared, as we told them in negotiations. So it was an even match, which your KD agreed. The wave was for wasting our time, and as you stated you already backed out of a previous wasr agreement when you agreed to war us.

This was the mail send after wave that was ignored.

Also half our KD is damn near inactive, so you probably would have won..
    Last edited by Pestilence; 22-01-2018 at 02:20.

Forum Addict
    I wonder who that Snapchat was from.

Needs to get out more
    Almost never listen to anyone tell you to learn to diplo: that's incorrect language.

I'm not saying Pestilence logic isn't colloquial or even Utopian, but it's not the way things have to be. For instance I have zero desire to war a reluctant kingdom. Now I don't have an impatient kingdom to deal with but I'd like to see us grow above it. The question is, would such a kingdom be falling over itself to wave Divinity or Freeakstyle? Would it?

No reason to pick on Pestilence since he represents a common posture to a smaller kingdom. They act as if the game isn't filled with targets other than the reluctant one. You pumped: It's not the end of the world. Hit a kingdom you aspire to defeat not one you know you can. Trying to teach lessons in violence isn't good for player base morale.

We're all suppose to be tough but I can tell you that very few times I've offered to retaliate for a t/m they've taken me up on it. Fact is when I've run t/m I retaliate myself if I can break. You know why? Because it is the injection the game needs.

Go up, at least sideways, not down. Instead of going negative, try to guide a kingdom that clearly wasn't in your league.
    When you mention diplo, and the kingdom sent you a blank CF; well that's how we do it down here. You should respect that, or aspire to respect the casual core of this game.

Yeah, I'm still going. Because this crap where a casual kingdom exchanges hits only to learn they're outclassed is going to happen like a bar fight. You walk away, particularly if you're mastered. To then call it a lesson is pure bullying, and you don't want to be that. I compell real competitive war kingdoms to face each other. It's late age so go find Valhalla.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information