Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 75 Proposed Changes Discussion

you need to fix throttling, worst mechanic ever invented for utopia by far. do you seriously want more month long hostiles? get your heads out of your asses.

Veteran
    So, can fearies now cast instant self-spells on kd mates as well?

Quote Originally Posted by chadbrochill17 View Post
    you need to fix throttling, worst mechanic ever invented for utopia by far. do you seriously want more month long hostiles? get your heads out of your asses.
    How many month long hostiles were there in the game? Compare that how many wars there was, I dont know the numbers but a educated guess would be that those "month long hostiles" were very few compared to the amount of wars. HEnce it wasnt a huge problem that had an effect on the whole server but a small effect on certain kds.

Give CS to 1 of the races viable for mystic, at least 1 race should be able to defend themselves vs rogues as a mystic.
    I prefer it on Faery because the other 2 casting races have good bonuses already (+wpa and nightmare), this will be a little problem ofc because faery can cast it on others as well. Maybe that makes faery interesting again on the other hand. Anyway, 1 of the caster races should be able to pick mystic and have CS imho.

Veteran
    Some more points from me:
    - Can we have a cap on the max ritual casts, otherwise this is likely to be used in ways you are not intending. Please check what the max bonuses that will be available are and see if it is sensible bearing in mind other mods available (eg attack time on godspeed).
    -Also a limit on how quickly a new ritual can be launched after the previous one so that we don't get silly things that you are not intending now that rituals can be cast with low numbers of casts. A short limit is fine I think, even 1 hour.
    - I think a min number of ritual casts would be a good idea at least for now while you see how this works in practice. Maybe 10 or 20 casts.

Ideas from other people above that I like:
    -Steward can send ritual
    -As Swagger said (post 62), force a choice between money or WPA by putting +wizz production on a different ritual that wouldn't currently be used for pumping. Otherwise everyone ends up with higher wpa and magic might even become harder.
    -Wolzly's ideas on dungeons (post 50) - might need balancing/tweaking

Ideas above that I dislike
    -Honour bonus for "show mercy" --> encourages waving KDs that won't war you then "showing mercy". Discourages fast CFs because show mercy gives honour.
    Last edited by Chris121; 23-01-2018 at 10:53.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shailen View Post
    Give CS to 1 of the races viable for mystic, at least 1 race should be able to defend themselves vs rogues as a mystic.
    I prefer it on Faery because the other 2 casting races have good bonuses already (+wpa and nightmare), this will be a little problem ofc because faery can cast it on others as well. Maybe that makes faery interesting again on the other hand. Anyway, 1 of the caster races should be able to pick mystic and have CS imho.
    We ended up running a Faery Tact to CS the mystics and attackers.

Yesterday I groaned after reading the change, today after a night of sleep I think I was wrong, so I'm here now to complain :P
    PLEASE make bigger change.
    In the last two age you changed everything, from removing Stance, to add Ritual and even add new race removing others one.
    I don't ask for change as big as the last were, there's no need, but what you are doing now it's ugly.
    If you are doing minor change becouse you think you have found some "magic formula" that works with the current rules well you didn't.
    If you have run out of ideas then just modify race and pers a bit more so that we player will have the feeling to enter a new age and not still be in the last one.

Veteran
    All the cool kids played Faery Tact

Love and peace: New feature Upon successful cast, reduces the duration of Riots by 1 day (hour) to a minimum of 1 day (hour).

Gluttony: Now becomes a thievery duration op (may need to chance syntax so it makes more sense)

Fertile Lands: New Feature Upon successful cast, reduces the duration of gluttony by 1 day (hour) to a minimum of 1 day (hour).

Town Watch: Added to Paladin Only spells and removed from all other races/personalities

Game needs more spell/op interactions!

Administrator
    Sticking the thread.

hi there a few suggestions here.
    In my opinion alot of the changes made last age were good. What happened with elites the rituals and so on.
    However the biggest change that i find did not turn out so well was the one made to paladins and faeries. Paladins were almost completely crushed by it and faeries are now support by default.
    what i remember for the last few ages before we used to pick paladin mostly because of the racial spells they could cast. In my opinion paladin spells just aren't powerful enough. The offensive spells also don't see much play. Some of the defensive spells are cool idea i mean increased troop damage, protection from thief ops, protection from magic are all great idea. The only problem is if you compare divine shield with magic shield (which is a baseline spell) magic shield is better) at the same time having magic shield and divine shield that would be more powerful would be hard for mages.

In any case i think for the health of the game and to make paladins spells relevant all spells should have a second look at, some seem too weak, some too strong, some irrelevant. There are now 4 spells which are used to protect against magic and the the best one is probably a baseline spell. I think a hard look should be taken at every spell are they relevant, are they too strong are they too weak. Only after that is done can we fix the paladin, and i would recommend reverting paladin and faery to the way they were last age

Quote Originally Posted by Shailen View Post
    Give CS to 1 of the races viable for mystic, at least 1 mystic race should be able to defend themselves vs rogues..
    Isn't that what WT's, ET and FB is for? He can't op you if he has no stealth.
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Is this a mistype on UD?

Age 75
    +570% Plague Contagiousness
    uTools - Because lazyness is the way to go
    StingerNET ~ Exposed.tf ~ tf.uMonk
    "When haters talk, we dont even mind.. They can feel how they feel just dont cross that line."

BEAST
    aka
    da BLOOD spilla
    <3_\"/-|\['|'_|/-|2'/ /-|3_\"/-|_()\\\

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    There are some very minor % tweaks but they seem pretty much identical
    i heard zauper didn't have time to play this age. so we will redo it next age.. suck it up

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by SoShaan View Post
    Is this a mistype on UD?

Age 75
    +570% Plague Contagiousness
    It's worded poorly, they are not increasing plague chance by 570% My guess is it's a value in the back end and they simply use it to describe the effect which can be confusing if read at face value (they should describe it differently imo)

http://utopia-game.com/wol/chooser/age_details/ <-- this age also shows UD with +570% plague chance, so based on that no changes to plague.

Postaholic
    +570% compared to a non undead with plague on spreading it to other non undeads that attack or gets attacked by that province

Thread Information