Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 75 Proposed Changes Discussion

Avian sugestion: Better elite and no ambush. Lower gains and no prisoners. A small buff imo.

Age 75
    Bonuses
    -30% Attack travel time
    +30% Birth Rate
    No ambush

Penalties
    -10% Combat Gains (from -5%)
    Cannot Use War Horses
    No prisoners

Spell book: Fanaticism, Greater Protection
    Elite: 10/2, 900gc, 10.0NW (from 9/2, 775gc)

Post Fiend
    Can Paladins have some love? Right now they are non-playable. Their unique spells are way too weak and can't cast anything else than Faery racial spells. Either give them stronger unique spells or whole spellbook like few ages ago.
    You introduced new Personality and then two ages later nerfed it so no one wants to play it anymore.
    Confession of Lotus 4 life!

Post Fiend
    Some personalities need something more in their spell book, in fact all personalities should have at least 2 spells to make them more interesting and thus make combos more interesting, at the moment we have several with just 1 spell to consider, eg sage, warrior.

I don't know what spells could be considered, any thoughts anyone?

Also, please bring back +1 general either for a personality or a race, was there a specific reason this was removed, if not then please bring it back next age, warriors used to have it then it went to humans and then it was removed...maybe give it to a new personality or race if not an existing personality or race!

What about giving Avians Clear Sight? It sort of makes sense from a lore perspective and could be the buff they need.

Post Fiend
    Since we all need farms now including UD personality maybe it's time to bring back shepherd personalty, all land makes X bushels, X% reduced build and/or train time, +1 general? spell book...not sure, maybe something new, or bring back vermin spell for shepherds?

Enthusiast
    Not sure if this is right thread or not. But regarding discord, from my experience its getting laggy at large numbers. Could be just the servers im in.

Veteran
    I get the changes to try and balance mage and thivery although as long as thives kill mages and mages can't do anything to really take a thief oow, mages will always lose.
    ET is strong against thives but usualy it.doesnt need a mage to do it and if it does it means he will just waste all mana and runes.
    + thives will just login at the begin of every tick and it's impossibile to keep the ET that much.
    As for the attackers/hybrids... no real change..
    FLATLINERS TLG KLA

Please reduce Dryad horse (4/0 -> 3/0) and prisoner/merc (7/0 -> 6/0). They are already very powerful not just the suicider.

Dryad is strong for a reason. Some race needs to hit turtles. OR Dryad can run 4 wpa and 4 tpa and still hit like Hammer.

@theis: Cannot Use War Horses, it says Stables. Avian can steal WarHorse.

@Blitz: A Bacon playing TM proly needs a mage to ET him w/success. Its the Mages defense against AW Kidnap NS. etc. My prov when hit w/ET lost 15% stealth per success. Ergo 5 ETs should disable the Bacon for 5 -8 hours. Is Mage at disadvantage? Not Sure, must use Spells to protect himself from Bacon instead of casting MS, but the Bacon is using his ops to steal runes AW NS etc. Appears to be fair trade.
    Mage has WT to protect from ops. What bldng does Thief have tp protect from mana?
    Last edited by sl0hnd; 24-01-2018 at 19:55. Reason: Voldebart
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Post Fiend
    Avian:

Does the change to avian mean they can use horses if stolen? prior ages said "Cannot Use War Horses" and it now says "Can't use Stables"

The assumption based on the wording change is that they can use horses, just not produce them via stables. However, after the nerfed conversions hitting into prosp stance, and various other nuances I am deciding to get this answered BEFORE the age starts as opposed to a "working by design" response to a bug.

thanks in advance for clarifying...

(Or list No Access to steal horses as a penalty if that is the case)

Post Fiend
    give me back the text changes.....
    A vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles - Age 63 Sage, 64 Mage, 65 Rogue, 66 Tact, 67 Cleric, 68 Heretic, 69 WH, 70 Warrior, 71 Heretic, 72 Heretic, 73 Heretic, 74 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by sl0hnd View Post
    Dryad is strong for a reason. Some race needs to hit turtles. OR Dryad can run 4 wpa and 4 tpa and still hit like Hammer.

@theis: Cannot Use War Horses, it says Stables. Avian can steal WarHorse.

@Blitz: A Bacon playing TM proly needs a mage to ET him w/success. Its the Mages defense against AW Kidnap NS. etc. My prov when hit w/ET lost 15% stealth per success. Ergo 5 ETs should disable the Bacon for 5 -8 hours. Is Mage at disadvantage? Sure, must use Spells to protect himself from Bacon instead of casting MS, but the Bacon is using his ops to steal runes AW NS etc. Appears to be fair trade.
    If there was a spell that permanently killed thieves off, that would be a fair trade. As is, it's not even close.

ET / Sab wizards are the same thing. AW is all by itself - it causes "permanent" damage (much like MS, etc). And at a certain point, the returns on ET/Sab aren't there; a good rogue can get those ops off throughout the day without ET posing much of a problem.

I am sorry if I missed this somewhere, but can you please just put numbers on Wrathful Smite, and Divine Shield? I am guessing Wrathful Smite would be in line with PF(around 15%), and Divine Shield similarly in line with Magic Shield (20%)...
    Last edited by RattleHead; 24-01-2018 at 20:14.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandy View Post
    If there was a spell that permanently killed thieves off, that would be a fair trade. As is, it's not even close.

ET / Sab wizards are the same thing. AW is all by itself - it causes "permanent" damage (much like MS, etc). And at a certain point, the returns on ET/Sab aren't there; a good rogue can get those ops off throughout the day without ET posing much of a problem.
    Any good KD I've warred this age had the Bocan at 9 stealth to start the war with a few ET every couple hours which prevented any large amount of damaging ops. The balance of ET to AW/NS/whatever seems fine to me. Mages already get +100% guild effectiveness and now affluent gives a wiz production bonus.

A Crazy Idea

How about a mechanic that buffs race/person combos based on rarity.(Tiers like honour)?

We know every age that Elf will utilise Mystic, Bocan:Rogue, Orc:Undead, Dryad Tact.

Introduce a mechanic that will reward the only Avian Sage in the game! It might also allow larger risk taking for buffing weaker options by providing a natural equaliser. Comparably it would do things such as weaken highly used op combos, but would encourage more experimentation, and shake up the numbers game a bit.

Would the lowest tier of combos provide enough buff to justify switching builds pre-age, or Mid age(maybe not mid age unless we have a more fluid restart system)?

When i look at the game and see No one is playing avian Sage, it makes me want to play avian sage to see how well i could run it. Perhaps a buff would motivate others to do the same. The key element here is it could be an item that "Makes people want to play the game". Our community is not one of sheep, otherwise we'd have all moved on.... I find it horribly boring to see exact same combos age after age.

Thread Information