Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 75 Proposed Changes Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    Can you please put numbers on Wrathful Smite, and Divine Shield?...
    Devine Shield is in Wiki: Increases defensive magic efficiency by 20%.
    WraithSmite only says: Increases enemy casualties from attacking provinces.

I agree w/Pest: Mage also has WT to protect from ops. What bldng does Thief have to protect from spells?
    Last edited by sl0hnd; 24-01-2018 at 20:06. Reason: Voldebart
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sl0hnd View Post
    Dryad is strong for a reason. Some race needs to hit turtles.
    Dryad may be a tad big though, our top dryad tact had/has ~500 opa our best fearies just break 250 dpa but have to get up to marquis for that...im only at 190 dpa since im baron

I agree w/Pest: Mage also has WT to protect from ops. What bldng does Thief have to protect from spells?
    AW kills wizzards....what mag op kills theives.

Right now its et---v---sw and AW+prop+TD----v---CS+WT. Seems mostly balanced

I was really hoping this being age 75 they would introduce a new class/ personality... But I think you need to definitely buff pallys somehow.. Enhance there spells or Give them the option as well to cast self spells on teammates as well?

Apart from the Fae 9 points defensive elite (which isnt enough vs attackers (dryad) as pointed out before) ALL the other races have 7 defensive points or even less. Dryad:16 offense points per mounted elite, even the mercs and prisoners are the same as t/m elites apart from fae (which doesnt have any tm bonuses btw, hopefully they get CS which makes them a good pick for a steady defensive prov). Also other attacker classes can massacre too easily imo.

I was bocan rogue this age in a top 10 ww kd, and destroying mystics easily was fun, but 3/4 masses make a tm utterly useless for about the rest of the war if played well. I think the all-over difference between the attackers offensive capabilities and the defensive capabilities of tm's is a little bit unbalanced atm in favor of attackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    Dryad may be a tad big though, our top dryad tact had/has ~500 opa our best fearies just break 250 dpa but have to get up to marquis for that...im only at 190 dpa since im baron
    This. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandy View Post
    If there was a spell that permanently killed thieves off, that would be a fair trade. As is, it's not even close.

ET / Sab wizards are the same thing. AW is all by itself - it causes "permanent" damage (much like MS, etc). And at a certain point, the returns on ET/Sab aren't there; a good rogue can get those ops off throughout the day without ET posing much of a problem.
    What if Mystics had access to Nightmare, and Nightmare was buffed to return Thieves into training at the same rate as specs?
    I was just like you. My parents died. I have to be strong for Serah, so I thought I needed to forget my past. And I became Lightning. I thought by changing my name, I could change who I was. I was just a kid. Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Bocan rogue got nerfed also. See, lots of changes!
    Amen ... why not just delete Bocan out of the game? Taking the extra stealth away is nuts. "I know lets make it even harder for a Rogue to get that honor bonus by further reducing the amount of ops they can run" Honor is already slighted to Mage ops, why not.....
    Now I want to ask. Is there anything that the administration can do to stop the hits of "Cakey Cakey"? Since as I understand, it's unfair to attack into someone's war?
    - Some Nub

If they are so OP why do Dwarf and Orc have 100 more players each? Also 2 other Race match Dryads number in survey of races.

AW kills wizzards....what mag op kills theives. Seems mostly balanced
    Right I just was unclear. I was saying WT ET balanced AW NS
    Many ppl are saying mage needs CS and I disagree. Thf cant AW if he has low/no stealth.
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    What if Mystics had access to Nightmare, and Nightmare was buffed to return Thieves into training at the same rate as specs?
    I'd be on board with giving that a shot. It's not exactly permanant damage like kills, but it's a significant improvement to make it more painful.

Strategy Moderator
    If they are so OP why do Dwarf and Orc have 100 more players each? Also 2 other Race match Dryads number in survey of races.
    popularity=/=power. Its not even that they were "so op" they were simply the strongest pure attacker in a normal setup and they didnt get hit with any nerfs while the other strong attackers in dwarf and orc both took some hit.

Just wondering if people are upset about the +1 mana and +1 stealth, why not do something along the lines of 10% guilds/TD gives you your 1 mana/stealth per hour, 15% gives you 1.5 mana/stealth per hour, 20% gives you +2 mana/stealth per hour then everyone gets the ability to gain it. If yo don't want to build those then you don't need to get the added bonus.

Maybe then make the TD and guilds focus more on adding to the ops bonus/success rate overall

Currently:
    TD's

Lowers losses in Thievery Operations
    Bonus to TPA

Guilds
    Wizards Trained per day
    Guilds also increase spell duration

Change to:
    TD's

Lowers losses in Thievery Operations
    Reduces Thief training costs (as there is no automatic training like wizards)
    Bonus to TPA
    Ability to gain +1 stealth regeneration

Guilds
    Reduces wizards killed in explosions
    Wizards Trained per day
    Guilds also increase spell duration/success rate
    Ability to gain +1 mana regeneration

(20% of either allows for a +1 regeneration)

That would allow Thieves and Mages to get that added bonus if they are willing to put the builds in for it. This would also make both buildings as equal as possible for both.

Post Fiend
    Dryad was given very high offense at the cost of a very long attack time. However, giving them access to QF which negates half that penalty and undermines the balance for that high offense.

Suggest QF is removed from dryad or that their offense is brought inline with other attackers (i.e., horses and merc/prisoners). A 12/2 elite should be enough offense boost since it's 2 pts higher than the next highest elite value.
    RS Metallic Symphony

Post Demon
    Dwarf elite only becomes NW efficient for provinces above 400 NW/A. While I know NW/A has been drifting up for a bit, that's rather ludicrous. I won't join the "dull changes" bandwagon because I don't mind tuning the balance for a few ages between big shakeups. But this requires *actually tuning the balance*. As I've looked back over my power rankings, I'm planing to suggest my kingdom, for the first time ever, basically require Dryad for attackers. I played it this age, it was dull and uninteresting. But it is just stronger than every other option, by a big enough margin that it isn't even worth playing anything else unless you are determined to hybrid, or maybe 3x avains. Personally I was trying to find some way to go utility attacker with something like DE... but the fact that they get *weaker* as they convert elites looks to be the final straw for them. (The bonuses for a race should not make it weaker! Or, failing that, move conversion into the penalty section.)

The ugly hack for hybrid gains continues to partially mask the absolutely stupid NW values chosen for elites. If there was ONE balance change needed, it was to fix the NW values - but there is not a single correction to those values.

I'd further note that I continue to find the current science system totally forgettable and lame. I additionally find the lack of the old science + the hybrid gains has mostly cause exactly what I feared, which is a game without any point to economy. Proper attacker strategy intentionally remove all economy beyond the bare minimum needed to pay troops (and a good enough kingdom doesn't even need that and uses aid instead). One of the great trade-offs of the game now has only good things on one side, and only bad things on the other, rendering the decision trivial. Either you pump till your province grinds to a stand-still... or you are an idiot piece of chum to be fed upon by those of us that do mindlessly pump to infinity.

Final note - new changes format:
    I can live with the different presentation. I don't like it as much, the critical information isn't shown well. But I can see why it is both less work for you, and maybe more helpful for new players. However, the lack of either a side by side or a list of changed values is unacceptable. Post it. Your failure to do so already is both frustrating and somewhat insulting. Continuing to fail at providing *the* most important information for most of your current players demonstrates astounding disrespect for us.

I'll stress this one again. Whatever reason you thought for the new change format might be valid. But, either though oversight or active FU attitude, you've removed the primary means for an experienced user to evaluate the changes. You've further taken back down the partial solution in the text only version, giving every appearance (true or not) of intentionally screwing over every experienced player. POST THE CHANGES FROM LAST AGE IN YOUR GOD FORSAKEN CHANGES THREAD!

(Yes, I'm getting really angry over this. You have personally insulted me, and we both better hope it was by accident and you fix it soon.)
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Post Fiend
    I can only hope one day this scientists joke is going to either be changed back to old sci or reworked into something else, its 1 dimensional progressiveness for everyone is boring and doesnt imply much need for strategy or experience or brain.

ur quick! gj typo fixing

Thread Information