Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: EOA Stuff

Or, that is a penalty of kingdoms not electing to carry warheros and a big reason to elect war heros.

Consider that many consider war hero personality weak. This is one reason to re-evaluate it.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Or, that is a penalty of kingdoms not electing to carry warheros and a big reason to elect war heros.

Consider that many consider war hero personality weak. This is one reason to re-evaluate it.
    'consider', ha, you lost him.

Look at his bull**** talk about database and the number of requests that the 'current system facilitates'

Yes matija, before this kingdoms waited between ops and hits. Game has never had simultaneous requests before... Of course

Faeries being able to cast on other provinces changed things. I'm just saying that I don't think a game such as Utopia should ever bank on a series of last minute actions, especially without any reasonable counter-play and the database causing infamous "oops" baring such events. I'm glad to hear your considerations as they are similar to my own.

A little note to think about:
    High skill high luck involved game: poker
    High skill low luck involved game: chess
    Low skill high luck involved game: Bingo
    Low skill low luck involved game: tic tac toe
    Where does Utopia stand?
    Last edited by MyNameIsMatija; 28-01-2018 at 19:22.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Is this all there is to talk about at EOA? Must of been one hell of a boring age...
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com | Utopia | UtopiaWiki | uTools
    YouTube: Official fuZZy Video | Official ZZ Theme Music
    Jerk by nature. 1 Bogdan to rule them all!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy| View Post
    Is this all there is to talk about at EOA? Must of been one hell of a boring age...
    Yup

@matija

Elves used to be able to do selfs on others too. Not so novel.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Forum Addict
    Or devs just give a flexible end of age date. So at a random tick the game will end lets say last 24h. That will solve the last minute hits and ****. Then people gotta hit before and others can retal and so on.

Or being able to hit last is a strategic advantage to war hero and we leave it there.

Reminds me of playing tic tac toe. There are certain moves you have to make as 2nd to play or 1st to play wins. Similarly a growth kd should run at least one faery war hero...

Games that are highly dependent on luck are usually played for casual fun. The stakes are low because there is little to no skill involved so nobody gets offended by losing. When skill gets higher stakes increase involving ego, bragging rights, money and so on. It's perfectly understandable why the game administration and the rest of BeastBlood leadership prefers to keep the game the way it is.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Yup

@matija

Elves used to be able to do selfs on others too. Not so novel.
    I thought he meant that having a F/WH let's you do last tick shenanigans without having every attacker as WH.
    Not sure if that was a thing way back with elves.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    I thought he meant that having a F/WH let's you do last tick shenanigans without having every attacker as WH.
    Not sure if that was a thing way back with elves.
    I may be misremembering, but I recall all sorts of end of age elf buffs.

Again, I think it is part of the balancing of the War Hero personality. It is a bet that the bonuses of other personalities ultimately pay-off more than the blaze of glory last minute wave the war hero allows. Remember they have to live with the war hero for 99.99999% of the age and you all are griping about its power in 00.0000001% of the age. Consider how OP sage is for the first 24 hours of the age. Maybe we need to nerf sages! What about warriors on that first wave OOP! OMG! Mystics for the first week! Heretics for the first two weeks!

It is about the balance and mix and use and there is nothing wrong in the least with war hero final waves. You need to have strategy and plan. If you are #1 and you think you are waveable by #2 and #3 is distant in land and you don't plan to do a last 15 minute raze wave on #2, you deserve to fall to a last minute WS wave. (ignoring all relations that may be present between #1 and #2). Had emeriti not been in a forced CF with BB in that last hour, I don't doubt BB would have gotten some hits from emeriti. As it was the WS wave was still not enough to let BB crown and I am still waiting to see something that actually MATTERED related to WS in those last minutes.

You can have a single war hero in your kingdom and enjoy the war spoils bonus it provides on all of your provinces, isn't that bad game design? I could say the same about running a single faery tactician and casting CS on whomever may need it. It completely trivializes the downside of running races without CS as it were. You have access to CS on your faery mystics and so forth makes me wonder why anyone would even run Rogues next age.

Postaholic
    CS is fine since you can just MV before running ops. WS is something you can't really counter. Just give WS 25% reduced gains and no honour or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    You can have a single war hero in your kingdom and enjoy the war spoils bonus it provides on all of your provinces, isn't that bad game design? I could say the same about running a single faery tactician and casting CS on whomever may need it. It completely trivializes the downside of running races without CS as it were. You have access to CS on your faery mystics and so forth makes me wonder why anyone would even run Rogues next age.
    Everyone can use that option if they choose. It is available to all. Those who choose not to use it are betting that some other province combination is more valuable. Again, I don't think it is a problem. It is not some game breaking secret sauce. People are just angry about it in the last tick of the age. How many kingdoms does that matter for? Do you honestly think that the two kingdoms it matters for can't counter it?

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    CS is fine since you can just MV before running ops. WS is something you can't really counter. Just give WS 25% reduced gains and no honour or something.
    Why? It had always existed pretty much, always been a valid strategy. It should be removed now because of what reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Why? It had always existed pretty much, always been a valid strategy. It should be removed now because of what reason?
    Because there was not better pointless stuff to complain about after last age snoozfest so now we have to pick this as out pointless issue.

Thread Information