Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dryad Training

Needs to get out more

Dryad Training

Hello.

It occurred to me, but I forgot to ask a kingdom mate if dryad training bonus applied to thieves. Generally these things don't, but figured I'd ask.

Thank you for your time
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Nope.

Regular
    while on topic of dryads - i think i recall someone saying that Dryads dont need farms - only FL and that is enough for food consumption?
    that should apply for OOP too right? better check before asking all my guys to raze their farms ;)

Needs to get out more
    Not quite. Madchess and I were running dryads the first age they were introduced. There's a minimum production science level I can't recall that's required to go zero farms.

I'm a much sloppier province builder and just build whatever my instincts tell me. Madchess did some mathing on it, so he could answer with some detail.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

I think early age I needed 2% farms with fertile lands to have enough food regularly. I was also running 30% homes, so I had a decent population size. Once you get to 50% science, i think only fertile lands are needed. Once you max out production, you shouldn't need FL at all.

Regular
    Hmm seems pretty shabby as a bonus if they still need farms to start with. and attacker pumping production science to 50% sounds like abit of a waste of initial science

can anyone confirm with some numbers?
    if 2% farms needed for 30% homes then i would imagine no farms will be needed in a prov with less homes/no homes

Base population is 25 peasants per acre. Dryads produce 4 bushels per acre. That means the dryad's lands will feed 16 out of the 25 people without needing farms. That means you will need 2.25 more bushels to feed your population. FL will gives you +25%, but that means you'll still be short and starve.

As the age goes on, dryads with +50% production will produce 7.5 bushels per acre (feeds 30 pop per acre) with FL and no farms. This is where most dryads can start to take out all farms based on total population. Once you get to 90% production science, you'll produce 7.5 bpa without FL, so you can choose to stop that as well (I'd still run it to give yourself aid options to KD).As someone with maxes sciences last age and had FL up all the time, I was producing 15k extra food each tick I was able to aid out to my KD.

Last Age I ran 30 Production until I had graduates, then I moved 10. I never had farms after protection. Easily worth delaying some other science by a bit, since you can Abduct people all you want once u have their stupid offence up and running.

Post Demon
    the numbers I was using is +35% production science for when it is enougth to run fl on 0 farms
    And +75% production science when you do not need to even cast fl anymore

I did not run many homes if I ran any at all

Last age I put 25 scientists in production and 5 in military and razed my farms right away, I only needed a few fl casts the first week, after that I hardly even looked at it, I think a few people stole my food and tried to starve me as a retal, but I was never even close.

Post Fiend
    How many Bushels of food does each Dryad acre produce ? Same as barren acres or more ?

4 + science

Post Fiend
    Thank you Rattle :)

Needs to get out more
    Fast training is a nice benefit. Had that when I ran an old human war hero.

If there's a new way, I'll be the first in line!
    ________
    Weed bowls

Post Fiend
    I actually thought the prod sci last age was great, especially early. I make a few more towers than normal and aided out a bunch of runes all the time during war. I should note that I maxed pop sci and ran some homes a lot of last age... even after getting a couple profs over the max in production, I still needed FL or a few farms to stay in the green.

Needs to get out more
    We had a dryad sage in kingdom last age; the only dryad in kingdom. I'd imagine he got a good jump on acre efficiency.
    Should've spent time seeing what he was doing, because sometimes I get this fleeting glimpse of untapped mechanics. It's like an unfinished equation.

My province was a free drafting orc paladin and I could send him soldiers that train +35 faster. I'm fascinated with perpetual mechanics even though I'm a math idiot. I think I need to add a dwarf free build in there and one or two other elements to get to some kind of efficiency euphoria.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information