Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age 75 Power Rankings

Age 75 Power Rankings

Not a lot of changes this Age, so I had some time to make some adjustments to some of the workings... I believe I have documented everything in the italicized notes within these images, but if you have questions please feel free to ask! Sorry, Chris121, but for now I will omit the +Spells version. It is the weekend, though, so maybe it will magically appear.

NW+MP

Gains/Losses

Sustainability

Economy

Totals

... And since the Turtle Power is new, here is a Total with 0 value on the Turtle column.

y

Veteran
    This is great as always!

- You read my mind ;) A spells one would be great! Although it is becoming less meaningful as the military spells gradually get shifted onto pers!

-Bocan base generals note can be removed - 2nd pic. Doesn't affect the maths.

-Why would cas be halved but kills be full (ie your kills only apply to your offence which is not all your forces either...). You could do 2/3 kills and 1/3 cas as an approximation for 2:1 off/def (unless you want to be super precise and take the actual values based on the actual number of off / def units that they will have, which is known within the sheet).

-20% is correct on converts I believe. Technically I don't think the logic of a 0.8 modifier necessarily follows because you are converting specs to elites (not getting elites from nowhere), so the effective saving is the elite cost minus the spec cost (that you already paid and probably have to pay again to replace the spec).

Oh yes Ill ditch that Bocan note, and ya the good stuff moving to Personalities more and more it seems ;)

My thought-process on the kills v cas was similar to what you are saying there, but almost the opposite, as your kills are most often on an enemy attacker's defspecs, which aren't as valuable, while your casualties are full value every time.

The DE Elite cost I guess I was thinking more of over the course of an Age you might train 20% less over time as opposed to the direct cost, but your idea seems to make more sense, I'll see how/if I can work that out simply enough for my liking...

Why do Humans and Bocan have higher PPA?

Veteran
    Re Kills/cas - that sounds reasonable then for the elites off races. For the spec off races it doesn't follow ;) Also I guess the spec def races should get reduced cas too. But this is a fairly minimal point in the context of the overall spreadsheet... :)

@invalid: RattleHead can correct me if I am wrong, but I think it is that
    -Human are assumed to have more science due to their science generation bonus
    -Bocan have an honour bonus

Chris is correct!

Yes I have Humans sitting at Soft caps, and everyone else at about 82.5% of caps, this roughly represents the 25% increased scientist generation. (Starting with 30, Human needs to generate 199 scientists, in that time other Races should generate 1/1.25 * 199 = 159 scientists, + initial 30)

And yes Bocan has +50% Honor perks, and I have used Baron honor for these Attacker ratings

Post Demon
    Might be a can of worms getting in to the spell lists, but since you're version tracks gains/attack speed, I'd think you'd want to factor in QF. My older version never did because it really boiled down to a slightly more complicated version of your MP / NW column.

For those that got used to my version... it really looks about like this MP/NW except Dryad is showing even higher than my numbers. Imagine adding 5% to everyone except Dryad, and that's about what mine would look like. (No idea what factor I'm doing different that weakens them though.)

@RattleHead
    Thanks for taking over the torch on this and continuing to develop it.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Post Fiend
    Why is this here since new age you will play the same races like the age before.

Veteran
    @Ethan - FWIW, i also like reading your numbers each age. I think you had a few different assumptions to RattleHead IIRC.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Might be a can of worms getting in to the spell lists, but since you're version tracks gains/attack speed, I'd think you'd want to factor in QF. My older version never did because it really boiled down to a slightly more complicated version of your MP / NW column.

For those that got used to my version... it really looks about like this MP/NW except Dryad is showing even higher than my numbers. Imagine adding 5% to everyone except Dryad, and that's about what mine would look like. (No idea what factor I'm doing different that weakens them though.)

@RattleHead
    Thanks for taking over the torch on this and continuing to develop it.

Will you make your list also Ethan?
    #Plaidovia

@Ethan thanks for the nod! And yes, I would say the MP/NW one boils it down more or less the same as your trusted methods... not sure what kind of Dryad discrepancy there would be, though, hmmm...'

@awesom-o just because changes are minor, doesn't mean there are no changes. My KD has not kept much the same at all, except for some TM roles, but their quantities changed, so... Don't bring your sour attitude up in my thread, son.

Everyone had a lot of praise for how well balanced last Age seemed as far as Race/Personality, so it only follows that an Age of minor tweaks would follow. Not to mention this should leave them more room for mechanic changes (of which there have been many), and updating old code where they can... hopefully.

Post Demon
    I have a guess as to why my Dryad is fairing so poorly - I don't have horses factored in at all. Variable build space to mount everything (which isn't too bad), but then that space ought to be deducted from TGs. Which then changes the target off/def ratio, needing an adjustment in the split of the units... changing the number of horses needed! Infinite loop, oops!

The sheet, back when it was in excel, actually had an optimization macro that split TGs and forts to optimize to the given off/def ratio (70:30 currently). I think it did a goal seek since that also formed an infinite loop. This capability got lost in the switch to google sheets when I pulled it off my work computer.

Anyway, my rankings per the old methodology. All the same behavior... including, apparently, no stables for anyone.

Rankings_______OPA_____DPA___NW/A___MPNW_____%Max
    Dwarf Elite O_____148.7____63.7___256.4____0.829____82.07%
    Elf_____________146.4____62.8___251______0.833____82.52%
    Elf no Elite_______131.9____56.5___215.6____0.874____86.55%
    No Race_________122.4____52.5___191.9____0.912____90.27%
    Human__________171.7____73.6___268.9____0.912____90.32%
    Faery no Elite____124______53.1___191.6____0.924____91.55%
    Dwarf no Elite____124.3____53.3___192______0.925____91.62%
    Faery Elite D_____139.3____59.7___212.4____0.937____92.81%
    Bocan__________129.7____55.6___197______0.941____93.18%
    Dark Elf_________155.7____66.7___236______0.943____93.34%
    Avian___________161.1____69_____242.7____0.948____93.90%
    Orc_____________163.9____70.2___245.6____0.953____94.40%
    Dark Elf no Elite___146.7____62.9___213______0.984____97.42%
    Dryad___________182.9____78.4___258.8____1.01____100.00%
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    @awesom-o just because changes are minor, doesn't mean there are no changes. My KD has not kept much the same at all, except for some TM roles, but their quantities changed, so... Don't bring your sour attitude up in my thread, son.
    It is just my observation that in a tread about races you are talking about roles. The races are completely the same, that means that power rankings are the same, which implies that your great thread is duplicate, and by internet standard it is declared as spam.

Except that it is, in fact, not the same. Only similar, and to be read quite differently than last Age's as well, due to mechanic changes. Thanks for the bump, though.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    due to mechanic changes..
    Dont spam your own great spam thread.
    Last edited by awesom-o; 29-01-2018 at 21:48.

Thread Information