Thread: Age 74 = Age 75

Post Fiend

Age 74 = Age 75

I'm looking at final changes and everything from age 74 is the same in age 75. Since you are playing the same age again I would like to know your opinion if you would play again from Age 1.

Needs to get out more
    Well one perspective would be perpetual ages without changes for years on end. This'd probably be the best case scenario if the game was to end.

IMHO the devs like where the game is for now and are simply sculpting the product. This isn't so surprising as product development goes. I can understand how it might appeal to some and not to others. We might not be giving the devs credit for proposed changes in age 80; big splashes on the 10s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by awesom-o View Post
    I'm looking at final changes and everything from age 74 is the same in age 75. Since you are playing the same age again I would like to know your opinion if you would play again from Age 1.
    Fewer changes = fewer bugs I assume. They made some 'big' changes (anything mechanics related counts) and those will haunt us with their lackluster implementation (to say nothing of the fact some are horrible).

Although in all likelihood they're probably just too lazy to balance fresh changes. Last age had a decent representation I think, with regards to overall distribution of race selections. They probably intend to balance those as a template, and maybe intend to replicate the 'balance' in future ages.

Also, maybe alternating between two similar ages and an age or two of radically different changes would he nice. As it stands the game has traditionally lacked continuity between ages, and when admins did try (or were lazy), subsequent changes the following age would be meet with a chorus of crying.

So while I predict the same result next age, it'd be nice if the community could acknowledge that things can change (and should) but don't always have to and accept those changes if and when they occur...

Also repeating some of these mechanics changes will create the saltiest tears in ages, probably from sheister if he's playing.

Postaholic
    The devs are working on other aspects of the game so kept changes to a minimum, they havent made that a secret. Last age was one of the most balanced in terms of race spread that there's been.

The changes were large enough that my kd has a fairly significant difference from last age.

Veteran
    I agree Swagger. I also look forward to warring you this age :)

Post Fiend
    This game has for many many years operated on a rotating scale of Mechanics Changes - Race/Perso Changes - Mechanics Changes - Race/Perso Changes

Last age they heavily changed races/persos ... this age they had more mechanical changes.

I'd be willing to be next age you'll see more of a race/perso heavy change.

It's the cycle of Utopia

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Memster View Post
    This game has for many many years operated on a rotating scale of Mechanics Changes - Race/Perso Changes - Mechanics Changes - Race/Perso Changes

Last age they heavily changed races/persos ... this age they had more mechanical changes.

I'd be willing to be next age you'll see more of a race/perso heavy change.

It's the cycle of Utopia
    The only thing that stays consistent is the whining and complaining that comes with both parts of the cycle.

Post Fiend
    I think one of the highlights of this game is the start of a new age ,where everyone is excited about new stuff and theorycrafting various combinations of setups and make plans set goals etc.When stuff is the same ,theres not much to think about.Im pretty sure that this game has its player pool made mostly of old dogs and veterans who got too used to playing this game rather then new ppl as the game is not really inviting for new blood with all the "mandatory" chats and bots and crap flying around these days.Looks like the end is near....

And to answer OP question , no , but I would from age 10 :)

Post Fiend
    Last edited by awesom-o; 29-01-2018 at 21:16.

Post Demon
    You know only few race and personality changes is Jeff and Davids way of telling everyone that you suck at province management. Do it again, get good NOOBS!

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Osaze View Post
    I agree Swagger. I also look forward to warring you this age :)
    Where are you playing these days?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    Where are you playing these days?
    Still with AvArice.

You can’t expect them to reinvent the wheel every single age. This’ll be fun.

Thread Information