Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Years Surprise(New Quantity Adjustment button)

Administrator
    The +/- button is a 'feature' of modern browsers for a numeric field. We'll probably hide it.

We changed the fields from text to numeric to make them more usable for mobile devices, where you have to change keyboards in order to enter numbers. By changing the field to numeric it defaults to the larger numeric keyboard.

Post Fiend
    Is there any way you can make it so enter submits the form instead of going into the next box? When I want to fill in a quantity on a particular field, say, building farms, I want to enter-submit instead of having to scroll and hit the button (or press enter 9975 times)

Edit: will take getting used to but I like the numeric quantity change :)

Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    The +/- button is a 'feature' of modern browsers for a numeric field. We'll probably hide it.

We changed the fields from text to numeric to make them more usable for mobile devices, where you have to change keyboards in order to enter numbers. By changing the field to numeric it defaults to the larger numeric keyboard.
    Can't you simply detect mobile browsers and apply a different css and javascripts for them..?

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Can't you simply detect mobile browsers and apply a different css and javascripts for them..?
    Change the code to attempt to only apply change to mobile devices -- good idea.
    umunk.net
    Contact me if you want munkbot (find me on irc or on email).

Post Fiend

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post

This actually makes perfect sense, plus its a number field... no reason to not validate it as such. Added bonus the mouse scroll wheel now changes field values for me.
    Now I want to ask. Is there anything that the administration can do to stop the hits of "Cakey Cakey"? Since as I understand, it's unfair to attack into someone's war?
    - Some Nub

Postaholic
    As someone that plays from mobile 95% this is such a massive qol improvement. A bunch of simple things like that will add up to a much more enjoyable experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    As someone that plays from mobile 95% this is such a massive qol improvement. A bunch of simple things like that will add up to a much more enjoyable experience.
    I have to disagree. Change has made playing from my phone a pain since numeric keyboard hasn't got an enter key on it and I long press for numbers..

The only great, great upside that is worth this is that now the comma is removed from defence when copy and pasting from a som to the war room. +1 for that, was very annoying.

Thread Information