Thread: Kingdom Terrain

Kingdom Terrain

Kingdom Terrain

Terrain_Bonus / Penalty_Description

Mountain _ +1% DME per province / +1% own Attack Time per province _ Mountain peaks/caves are easy to defend, but difficult to traverse
    Swamp _ +1% enemy Attack Time per province / -1% BE per province _ Only you know the way, but it makes for a rough commute too
    Underdark _+1% T/Wpa per province / -1% Income per province _ They are up to no good down, but they don’t get out much either
    Forest _ -1% Construction Cost per province / -1% dTPA per province _ Being surrounded by excellent building supplies sure does reduce line of sight
    Steppes _ +1% BE per province / +1% Wages per province _ Humans work together in open spaces to create wealth, greed is their weakness
    Foothills _ -1% Training Cost per province / -0.5% Population per province _ Living on a slope makes for good exercise, but can limit land-use area

Avian, Dwarf - Mountain
    Bocan - Swamp
    Dryad, Elf, Faery - Forest
    Dark Elf - Underdark
    Human - Steppes
    Orc - Foothills

notes:
    -These stats would accumulate into one Kingdom-wide set of effects, based on the makeup of your Kingdom
    -This might also serve to incentivize people coagulating into larger(full), Kingdoms
    -Of course the numbers are all debatable, as well as the perks themselves, since they are of varying value to everyone. I tried to base them in the game lore, as I perceive it, as best I could
    Last edited by RattleHead; 30-01-2018 at 23:42. Reason: ugh

Ugh is right

lol

Veteran
    lol for future reference it would be easier to read if you put it in a spreadsheet and posted the pic like you do on the spreadsheets ;)

ya i forget that people read this on different res.... i didnt create it in a spreadsheet, so i just threw it in there as best i could... trying to revise a bit now (althought i presume some groans are for more than the formatting ;D)
    Last edited by RattleHead; 30-01-2018 at 23:39.

Veteran
    Ha well I can read it now, thanks.

I'm not massively keen just because it makes things even more complicated and harder to balance

Post Fiend
    so if we were 25 orcs... ur saying we would experience -25% training cost?

Yes, but also -12.5% population.

I know this idea has probably very little merit, just something that popped into my head and I thought I would share.

I like the idea, makes kingdom setup even more interesting.

Thread Information