Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Generals.io Discussion (Holiday Announcement)

Administrator

Generals.io Discussion (Holiday Announcement)

It comes a bit late amidst some lingering developments we've been working on, however the Twitter feed and Holiday announcement we've been hinting at has been the acquisition of another game, Generals.io
    You can read the announcement thread here

Use this thread to discuss thoughts, ideas, suggestions, feedback and reviews!
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

What is this you are talking about?

Forum Addict
    There is only one question to be answered, Omac MK2.

Have you bought this Generals game because you hope to transfer players here, or because you are hoping to transfer players there? Just like the previous game purchasers hoped to do?

Excuse the cynicism but we've seen this kind of 'exciting' announcement before.

Veteran
    Well, the generals.io site looks even less inviting then utopia :P

Enthusiast
    Cool I guess. Not really anything that interests me so hopefully it doesn't harm this game.

Post Fiend
    Hey look! Multiplayer Minesweeper...

Last edited by Jono; 31-01-2018 at 14:26.
    Now I want to ask. Is there anything that the administration can do to stop the hits of "Cakey Cakey"? Since as I understand, it's unfair to attack into someone's war?
    - Some Nub

Administrator
    The Generals.io site is quite simple at the moment, there are major developments already underway to give it a facelift. The gameplay however is stellar and the Generals community is great.

@Sweetiepie - The goal is actually both. I have big plans to incorporate Generals gameplay into Utopia (100% optional of course) to help engage existing Utopia players, and provide alternate entertainment for new users while they're on the site. Additionally, the Generals community is a vast market of like-minded people who could easily transfer and become long time Utopia players. While I understand the Omac reference, we are not the same and the same fate will not become of us.

Before anyone criticizes Generals I suggest you give it a try. The first time I played it I was MIA for about 6 hours (similar results from all those I suggested try it as well). There is a good group of us on the MUGA Discord server that have been playing for some time now as well. It's quite addicting in a much more simple fashion than Utopia.

If you recall the early days of Utopia with Mehul there were mini-games that you could play to occupy your time on the site, that's what our objectives are with Generals.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Missed you DylanC.

Post Fiend
    I think this post is off-topic as it's not related to Uto. Shouldn't you be posting in General?

Blatant advertising of unrelated sites, programs, or services is also against the rules. Even if moved to General.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Bringing things back on topic, I just gave the game a try and lost about an hour to it. It's surprisingly deep and it didn't take long at al for me to grasp the basic strategies. I think I've found my new time-killer :)

Postaholic
    Awesome, I love this game! Congrats MUGA!

I am legitimately concerned as to the health and wellbeing of MUGA owners, Utopia players, and anybody else who thinks there is something fun about this.

Postaholic
    Haha it's too deep for Steel!

It's a great game with a worldwide following. It will help draw people to Utopia!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    Haha it's too deep for Steel!

It's a great game with a worldwide following. It will help draw people to Utopia!
    How large is the player base?

I checked out the Reddit, which has 650 members. The conversations make it sound like it's in a similar state to utopia, with its glory days in the past.
    Last edited by Pestilence; 01-02-2018 at 04:56.

Thread Information