Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Randoming to a kingdom with some filters/options

Randoming to a kingdom with some filters/options

Well, perhaps it is good to let the monarch "profile" the kingdom to attract the similar mindset players to their kingdom.

1) Warring kd / growth kd
    2) strict wave times / flexible wave time
    3) require mandatry external chat app? yes or no
    4) require intel sites (upo / munk) ? yes or no

So the new players can select the ones best fit their schedule and commitment.

otherwise under current rules , we have to be killed for not following their kd rules or gotta random move or search for kd in forums or in game takes a day to 3.

Wasted too much time.

That would defeat the purpose of the defect function, also you assume every kingdom is organized and all set up.

the problem with defect is...you might still end up the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by slacko View Post
    the problem with defect is...you might still end up the same problem
    You could post in the recruiting thread and try and find a kd that fits your needs/wants
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

yes. which i did.
    It is kind of sad to see the weak response.

thats why i suggested this.

Benefits of this is :
    1) the kd has a new player that is more suitable
    2) the new player save more tiime and can engage in the game faster.

Downside of not having this :
    1) waste time for old players
    2) lose new player because some kd will kill for not following in 24hrs. Sometimes they jus want to have fun and test out the game.
    Last edited by slacko; 31-01-2018 at 23:48.

Veteran
    I just went to read your thread. The way you posted may have put people off. For example:

-your thread became a debate about the merits of chat systems etc and people may not have read through it all
    - you didn't say that you are okay with using intel sites until somewhere part way down the thread
    -you sound not to appreciate that many war KDs are competitive since you say you do not even understand why some KDs insist on chat sites.

i dont use slack or discord. That does not affect my utopia preformance anyway.

so i dont understand why some kd insist i need to join. And get kill because of that.

But if the kd is in top5kd. i can understand why.
    It definitely affects your "utopia performance" if the KD you are in uses slack or discord and you don't. To put it more clearly, it affects how much work you are creating for the leadership of that KD. Instead of talking to you in the same place as everyone else, they need to go to the separate chat window (which is not very good) and have the same conversation with you that they are having with others elsewhere.

The fact that you say you don't understand why some KDs insist on it unless they are in the top 5 fails to recognize the competitiveness of many warring KDs.

That said, I do think it is a shame that KDs need to require external tools (and technically the game rules do not permit them to require that, I believe), but that is the reality and is mostly due to the game lacking good quality tools. If we could do everything more effectively in game then we would.

I think we got abit off topic.

This topic is about adding some option to certain kingdom "profile" to fit the player "profile" more effectively.

Now back to your question above.
    The monach message is orders given during war. That will be clear enough. I do use irc last age to my ex kd so i understand. But i dont think it will affect the kd performance here with the monarch message.

Just look at the top5 kd and the rest of kd NW last age. It has a big gap. Thats why i say it is probably difference in top5.

I can assure you there are kingdom who could achieve top 10/20 that does not require external chat apps.

quote from utopia rules
    Game Play
    Under no circumstances may you use automation software, hacks, mods, scripts or any unauthorized third-party tools designed to improve your performance in Utopia.
    unquote

technically speaking they do not encourage because eveeythinf should be in the game. A level playing ground.
    But no one enforce.

Postaholic
    Enforce what? You missed the "un-authorized" bit.

Start your own kd if you can't find one that meets your unique requirements.

Post Fiend
    That quote is for is to not allow multis or managing a prov while you are afk with a bot or script...
    it is not talking about formating or coordinating... (ie intel sites/external chat) but automating the actual ACTIONS of a prov (attacking ops/spells/training etc).

But it I do agree that a little more info for recruiting would be nice...
    but for that there is already the forums/discord recruitment threads and also the recruitment menu in the lobby that lets you talk to those that are recruiting.

ok drop the topic of advantage of external chat app.

back to my suggestions. those recruitment forum and ingame is more for old players.
    We all agree that the new tutorial is to helo new players. Or attract new players.
    This suggestion is to help the new player.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    Enforce what? You missed the "un-authorized" bit.

Start your own kd if you can't find one that meets your unique requirements.
    off topic

There is already some sort of rating system in place which could be used; activity, game knowledge, and experience... I agree it could be helpful for newer players to have some sort of control over where they land, but a lot of it (the ratings, or your suggested ones), a new player won't really know what it means anyways until they play a little, either.

I think the idea that the forums(recruitment or otherwise) are for established players rings true, new players aren't going to sign up for this Forum, its simply another extra thing to enter your information into which no one wants to do. Link forum and game accounts and you can bridge that gap so much more easily. Then the new players have access to a great deal more information, much earlier.

my suggestion method may be not ideal. But my intention is there.
    To help the new player who will like the environment once they step in. First impression counts.

But you do have a point that they wont know until they get in. And yea i agree with you to link account and forum together.

quote from the guide
    My liege every kingdom has their own preferred ways of communication. It is highly recommended to get in touch with your fellow kingdom mates. Ignoring them might lead to your removal as they might think of you as a spy. Thus it is common to introduce yourself in the forums. There you can ask all your questions and meet the others. They will be able to tell you what their standard means of communication are and can hopefully answer your questions. Additionally I highly recommend it that you send a personal introduction message to the monarch of your kingdom. You can find your monarch on your kingdom page where the province has a (M) behind it.
    unquote

expand this portion might be good. State a few example of communciations. But i just feel it will scare them away.

Postaholic
    off topic
    It was a reply to your comment, how is that off topic? Also, don't back seat moderate!

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    It was a reply to your comment, how is that off topic? Also, don't back seat moderate!
    ok my fault. since i should not reply to off topic comments as well.

Thread Information