Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A better level playing field

A better level playing field

I know utopia start to merge smaller kingdom together.

Every Age, i see that the top5 kd usually are way way too big for the rest.
    Maybe they are just too good or too active etc. They should help to guide the rest of utopia to that stage.

It is good to make the race balanced. But should we also make the kingdom balanced as well.
    Last age, top2 kd nw is almost twice the kingdom in 6th place.

My suggestions is :
    1) Split the top kingdoms into half and merge with smaller kd.

Benefit :
    -hope the good players can guide the lesser players
    -the lesser player can adopt and learn good practise of the top kd
    - 13 hardcore players + 10 average player. i guess that is a good mixture.

Cons
    - the top players might not want to teach the weaker players
    -the top player might left utopia.
    - no motivation to get the crown and get split in the end.

Postaholic
    No offense, but you should stop making suggestions until you get a better grasp of the game. The reason only a handful of kds get that large is because only a handful of kds compete for the land crown. More acres do not necessarily mean a better kingdom, they just have different goals.

Post Fiend
    It's just leftism Swag, let it writhe around like it does...

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    No offense, but you should stop making suggestions until you get a better grasp of the game. The reason only a handful of kds get that large is because only a handful of kds compete for the land crown. More acres do not necessarily mean a better kingdom, they just have different goals.
    Do you think it is better to have more warring kd or growth kd in utopia?
    As long as they can grow that huge, their players must have decent knowledge and activity right?

i know this may not be a ideal suggestion but if given a chance, will you prefer a more balanced kd in utopia?

Rather than the usual kd around for years?

Quote Originally Posted by slacko View Post
    Do you think it is better to have more warring kd or growth kd in utopia?
    As long as they can grow that huge, their players must have decent knowledge and activity right?

i know this may not be a ideal suggestion but if given a chance, will you prefer a more balanced kd in utopia?

Rather than the usual kd around for years?
    Your suggestion would be just contradproductive and remove the loyal players of this game. I realize you dont see the problem cause you lack any friends nor have you played with a group of friends for some time.

Postaholic
    I think players should be free to play with whoever they want in whatever playstyle they want. If a player is motivated by getting landcrown they can join a kd with those ambitions, if they want honour crown they can go that route.

Your assumption that all players in top kds are high level isn't accurate either. There's lots of players that are just good at following orders of players that are good, which is all that is really required to succeed.

Veteran
    I agree with Swagger's first post

Your comment here reiterates the point I made in your other thread that you do not appreciate how competitive many war KDs are. The want to war, and if they grow to Emeriti size, they will get Emeriti 's volume of wars (no offence Em, just a good example). So there stay around the size that far more KDs are.

There are also other issues with your suggestion, some of which you covered well in your "cons" section.

No offense, but you should stop making suggestions until you get a better grasp of the game.
    Careful you're sounding like me

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    I agree with Swagger's first post

Your comment here reiterates the point I made in your other thread that you do not appreciate how competitive many war KDs are. The want to war, and if they grow to Emeriti size, they will get Emeriti 's volume of wars (no offence Em, just a good example). So there stay around the size that far more KDs are.

There are also other issues with your suggestion, some of which you covered well in your "cons" section.
    i know what you means.

I.e. A reshuffle of kingdom might works.
    10years of playing. you are already friends in your own whatsapp/chat groups.
    Those who join one year ago might not experience the kind of war .

Forum Fanatic
    You should read thru the forums. Most of what your suggesting will kill the game alot quicker than time and has been suggested long before you did. The game already had a reshuffle years ago and lost alot of players .Another reshuffle would make most of the people who actually play the game and spend the money on it into quitting.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Post Fiend
    This is a terrible suggestion. The reasons have all pretty much already been covered, but lets go a step further and I'll tell you how it goes down...

A reshuffle happens
    Top kingdoms with players willing to pay - buy invites and invite back their entire kingdom (while killing off the rest of the kingdom) within 1 age, the top is right back where they started
    Kingdoms who AREN'T willing to spend money, can't do the same, many quit because they are no longer playing with the group of friends that has kept them going so far.
    Game numbers decline, number of potential targets drop dramatically, fewer targets = more bashing, more people quit

Let's not kill the game off..

You do have a point. Thats why i suggest split the top5 kds only in order to balance the kingdom around

Doesnt make the suggestion less terrible. Will just make people still quit. "Oh we played good this age and what the thanks we get? Right our kd gets destroyed"

Post Fiend
    What if EVERY KD we only able to START an age with 15 provs and free invites to fill up to 20?
    After 20 provs (including pending invites) you have to use credits (or wait for free invites) to fill to 25.
    Maybe to offset the wait every KD can get another free invite every 2 utopian years
    Yr 2: Every KD gets enough free invites to fill up to 21 / Yr 4: Every KD gets enough free invites to fill up to 22 / etc.

This sytem would either
    1: require king to select which 15 stay together for start of next age. those left out can either be randomly placed or merge with other not selected groups.
    2: KDs "vote" who gets to stay. King/Page get 2 votes (auto stay) everyone else gets 1 vote. Anyone who gets voted in to stay gets 2 votes.

Alternate system. Merging KDs as the age progresses.
    2A (1st merger): Smallest number of provs KD's merge together to raise the median number of provs in every KD.
    2B (Subsequent mergers): KDs merge into bigger (25+ provs) KD's (I am thinking top gets merged with bottom)
    2C (Last merger) : whole server is in 2 KD's
    2D (Free for all) : Last Utopian year no KD's
    * Utopia would have to remember starting KD's for restart *

Got suggestion to modify this suggestion, how about anther server where its all mixing and if you as a kingdom do well on the auto merge server can request to move over to the normal server that is not auto mixed.
    #magi

Thread Information