Thread: Max Speed for age 75

Post Fiend

Max Speed for age 75

Does anyone know what the attack time would be if you went avian tactician with max barracks and maxed godspeed while doing a massacre with minus 2 hours?

I guess the big unknown is how much maxed godspeed takes off the time.

maxed godspeed would be a huge investment, i would guess but ill give it a go here

0.7 avian
    0.85 tactician
    0.775 (+50% godspeed, i dunno whats realistic to expect)
    0.625 max rax
    0.75 war
    0.875 massacre
    =0.18913 * 16h base = ~3h

anyone know what 3 - 2 is?

Post Fiend
    Thanks for putting the numbers in. It's a fun thought. We're running avian(not tactician) core after going dryad core last age. Even without all the extra mods, the speed is refreshing. Part of me does wish we had an avian tactician to see a max speed hit.

only problem is that even when you +4 you only get 7h sleep at best :P

Veteran
    i doubt you'll realistically get +50% GS but you could get fairly close to it (40-45%?) . the max cap is based on 25 heretics all starting at 100% mana then using all of it for 48 hours.

not sure how -2 works off hand, i think it's % based (ie not actually -2 hrs).

Pretty sure that it's off the mod time.
    *edit* Yep, just checked my war room times and it's flat off the mod time.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

I dunno about the - hours, always seems like an even 1 or 2 to me...

as for strength of godspeed, who knows what >3k casts could get you at this point? ... strictly hypothetical

The percent gains effect from it, IS based on how much 1h is, relative to your total attack time, though. So where an 8h attack time -1h loses 12-13% maybe, -1h on a 3h attack would be -30% maybe

Veteran
    ah could be -2 hours from base - that would make sense to why it might seem like a % when i havent looked into it.

ps not that i'm doubting Ordray as such, but i think i've had situations where -1 or -2 didn't actually give -1 or -2 in real terms - happy to be shown to be wrong though - i havent specifically looked at it before.

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    strictly hypothetical
    not entirely hypothetical but it is true i dont have data at 3k casts.
    Last edited by Chris121; 01-02-2018 at 19:32.

where do you have data to? ;)

also being off the -1 or 2 could be NW messing with attack time slightly in first place? i dunno

Post Demon
    if you go -2 on a 3 hour attack time I think your gains will drop by 66% if not more, I think it takes a % that is equal or greater than the % of time reduced so it will never be a good tradeoff

Veteran
    heh nowhere near that high... i am guessing from a point. But I was also making an assumption about what a avian tact KD could realistically cast in rituals (so for a start, not being heretic takes them a little under 3k as a max. If they are not one of handful of 25 prov Kds that takes them a bit lower, etc, as would not having every prov online (a) when ritual is began, and with 100% mana and (b) at the final hour of ritual

Edit: was @ RattleHead
    Last edited by Chris121; 01-02-2018 at 19:39.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    if you go -2 on a 3 hour attack time I think your gains will drop by 66% if not more, I think it takes a % that is equal or greater than the % of time reduced so it will never be a good tradeoff
    ah maybe this is what i was thinking of. okay ignore whatever i said about attack time :p

If it is a flat -2 then the avian could get 1.x hour attack times.. lol. That would be worth it just for the lols of 1,600 attacks per day

ya thats what i was trying to say also, @madchess...

Point is no one even knows what max effect is? Could be 2-300% at 3k casts for all we know

Veteran
    In theory it could be in the sense that I don't have the data and in theory the curve could do anything after the known points, but I would bet real money that it isn't.

Edit: I retract my bet since someone I normally trust just said they think it's 200% max. Not sure if it was a serious comment...but still, taking no chances! It would be a lot easier if I knew how to draw a curve from the data :p
    Last edited by Chris121; 01-02-2018 at 22:53.

Thread Information